Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renewal for car insurance to high

Options
  • 14-09-2017 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi There

I got Renewal last week, last year I was paying Eur 1200, I change car from 1.8 2001year to 1.6  2006 year. Renewal is for Eur 1990. Smaller engine, better year, another year no claim bonus = higher price.. Is unacceptable.

I made quote online on your website and show me offer for Eur 1170, for exactly same details which I provide last year, Euro 800 cheaper then on renewal, very interesting :)

So my question is how to finish insurance with you, expired date is 20 october and I would like to finish at this date and do not renew my insurance with BOI, I move to other company where I found for Eur 1030. I send email to " motorinsuranceservice@boi.com " but no answer from one week. Please explain to me how to do not renew insurance with BOI and finish contract at 20 October. I got insurance certificate with disc from you, do I need post back this ? Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭Tow

They just resell the RSA/123.ie offering.  It is common enough to get cheaper insurance through them by just reentering your details online instead of taking the renewal offer. 

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭Tow

They just resell the RSA/123.ie offering.  It is common enough to get cheaper insurance through them by just reentering your details online instead of taking the renewal offer. 

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi z300,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

We are sorry to hear this. 

The two policy types we offer would come with features and benefits such as extra protections to cover, for example, child seats, satnavs and even decontamination if you fill your car with the wrong fuel. 

I would advise that you compare covers before committing to the car insurance provider.  

Please call 0818 200 363 to talk to our Insurance Team today regarding your quote or details on how to cancel your policy.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Kareana

• Registered Users Posts: 10 z300

Hi z300,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

We are sorry to hear this. 

The two policy types we offer would come with features and benefits such as extra protections to cover, for example, child seats, satnavs and even decontamination if you fill your car with the wrong fuel. 

I would advise that you compare covers before committing to the car insurance provider.  

Please call 0818 200 363 to talk to our Insurance Team today regarding your quote or details on how to cancel your policy.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Kareana
    Thank you, I will call on this number. Regards

One more question please, I call today on this number and they give me some address to post back insurance disc but I don understand at the phone what is the address, I know only that is:

Bank of ireland insurance service
    pobox 12749

Could you please provide me full address. Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi z300,

The full address is:

Bank of Ireland Insurance Services Limited
    PO Box 382
    Tuam Road
    Galway

If we can help with anything else, please feel free to get in touch.

Thanks
    Tara

Hi z300,

The full address is:

Bank of Ireland Insurance Services Limited
    PO Box 382
    Tuam Road
    Galway

If we can help with anything else, please feel free to get in touch.

Thanks
    Tara
    Thank you, but are you sure about this address ? On phone customer service told me pobox 12749.

I need send back certificate, you may have few different PO Box address for different matters. I need be sure that I will post back disc to correct address. Please check with your team and let me know. Thanks

Hi z300,

The address was checked before we posted and is correct.

Thanks
    Tara

Hi z300,

The address was checked before we posted and is correct.

Thanks
    Tara
    Thank you, I got email today from BOI with address to post disc:

Bank Of Ireland insurance services
    PO BOX 12749
    Dublin 11

So probably you have two addresses. Anyway Thanks for help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Why do you need expired discs back?

I had a BOI insurance policy and renewed elsewhere but never sent discs back. What do you need the physical piece of paper for?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

dirtyden wrote: »
    Why do you need expired discs back?

I had a BOI insurance policy and renewed elsewhere but never sent discs back. What do you need the physical piece of paper for?
    It stops you putting it in your windshield. 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭db

z300 wrote: »
    Thank you, I got email today from BOI with address to post disc:

Bank Of Ireland insurance services
    PO BOX 12749
    Dublin 11

So probably you have two addresses. Anyway Thanks for help.
    Don't bother posting back the disc as it is useless to anyone once your insurance has expired. Also, you will need both disc and certificate until your insurance expires and you move to the new policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭dirtyden

amcalester wrote: »

But it's expired, I believe that is the purpose of a visual expiry date,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

dirtyden wrote: »
    amcalester wrote: »

But it's expired,  I believe that is the purpose of a visual expiry date,
    BOI sent the OP his renewal paperwork which would have included a new insurance certificate, thats what he has to return. Not the old expired cert.

Hi all,

As correctly mentioned above, thanks amcalester, we only need new discs returned that have a future date on the expiry.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement