Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MediMee - a life saving device & app for cyclists

Options
  • 14-09-2017 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi folks, A good friend of mine recently had a brilliant idea around how to provide life saving medical information when you may be incapacitated. He created a device that stores your vital medical information in an RFID chip on either a bracelet, badge or sticker, and then this info is available on any phone with the App. The Ambulance and Fire brigade now use it - and so do Blood Bikes - all the riders have the stickers on their bike helmets! MediMee has even won some competitions for best healthcare startup.

Obviously this could be fantastic for any cyclist providing life saving information to the people who need it in the case of an accident. It's a couple of little stickers that go on either side of your helmet, and any emergency services people can get all the important info by touching the RFID sensor with their phone - thus potentially saving vital time in an emergency.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teJWDNt2eRU
    PRess: Journal Article, RTE News,

I think it's a really fantastic idea & a great Irish tech story, and I told him I'd help spread the word. He said he is happy to give some away free to boards users - so let me know if interested. Would you want to use something like this? Anything anyone can do to get the word out would be great! Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

That's a clever idea I was thinking to myself is that not what road ID are already covering but you're less likely to forget a sticker attached to your frame/lid.

In saying all that where is your medical info stored and who is likely to end up with access to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

I'd be happy to get this ... but I don't see how on their website....

Thanks in advance if you get any for boardsies....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭buffalo

BerBer3 wrote: »
    With regards to where your medical info is stored, its stored on an encrypted cloud server which increases security, as no physical data is stored on the wearables if lost ( the wearables act as a key for others to help you) The user has full control over what information is made available in the event of an emergency within the app, to first responders and the emergency services.

I like the idea, but if you're incapacitated, how do you release data to the emergency services? Or do you set some data to be readable by any person with the app who scans your chip?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement