Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50K Limit trough Kilmeaden to Doneen Bridge/N25

Options
  • 14-09-2017 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭

I see 50 KH signs going up at Doneen Bridge on the N25,will this deter emergency service vehicles going through the village at long last ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭coolvale

why should emergency services be detered from using any road ?
    if you were ill or involved in an accident you would be glad to see them coming.
    tony

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭KK4SAM

coolvale wrote: »
    why should emergency services be detered from using any road ?
    if you were ill or involved in an accident you would be glad to see them coming.
    tony

Because its shorter and safer to use the Kilmeaden Bypass now that so much of that route through Kilmeaden Village is 50 KPH ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,464 ✭✭✭✭looksee

It could use a bit more clarity on the signs - the Waterford side tend to do 50 (though it is very difficult to keep down to 50 on that stretch) but the traffic coming the other way don't seem to be aware of the extended zone.

What would be useful would be a roundabout at the Orchardstown junction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I've timed it from the top of the Cork road and its only seconds faster to use the N25 so I stick with the old Kilmeaden route.

I know they have the giant illuminated mobile signs indicating the new 50kph speed limit but you bl00dy well need them because the real signage is very poor and not that obvious. If the whole route was built up then you'd be looking to see what the speed signs were but on a road that not so many years ago was national speed limit 60mph (100kph) its not so obvious.

keeping to the lower speed limit you have to drop into a lower gear & therefore use more fuel & cause more pollution.
    tony

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

....which the 50kph is supposed to protect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I've said this before, its nothing to do with the locals its to get more people to use the ring road.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭jimbo1979

Next thing yeah know speed ramps and traffic lights will be introduced in kilmeaden to kill off the traffic going through it

my3cents wrote: »
    I've said this before, its nothing to do with the locals its to get more people to use the ring road.

people have a right to use any public road they wish.
    why do we pay road tax.
    i use kilmeaden because it is the shortest route for me to get home.
    if i use the bypass i will use more fuel & as i said cause more polluation.
    tony

Advertisement