Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Verified by Visa

Options
  • 14-09-2017 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

How do I update the mobile number associated with my Verified By Visa. Tried to follow instructions from similar post without success

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi ccmk9922, 

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

If you have changed your mobile number please call us on [url=tel:0818200370]0818 200 370[/url], or [url=tel:+35312500370]+353 1 2500370[/url] if you’re calling from abroad, to provide us with your up-to-date mobile phone number. 

Please let me know how you get on and if you need any further help. 

Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Kareana :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 marksetgo

Hi is there an email address for visa ??

I'm travelling in the middle east and I'm not receiving the verified by visa one time pass code to my mobile phone , this is causing me all kinds of problems while booking things online, I'm in Egypt at the moment so I've changed to an Egyptian number , contacted the bank in Ireland they updated the number to my card and I have only had one transaction go through without any problems ,I tried to book bus tickets and again I'm not receiving the one time pass code, therefore I cannot proceed with the booking, I had the same issues last year while travelling around Asia ,cannot book things online because I'm unable to receive this one time pass code to my phone number, I have already been in contact with the verified by visa people in Ireland 3 times in the last week ,once to update my number from an Irish number to a local Egyptian number which worked once , the last call I was told there is nothing they can do to help as it's a website issue that looks for this one time pass code .

I would like to contact visa direct and explain the trouble this has caused me while travelling last 2 years so if you have an email address for some this would be great

It is not practical to receive a text message to a local phone provider while travelling, if this one time code was sent to my email address it would work fine, email can be accessed almost anywhere in the world with a Wi-Fi connection receiving a text messages, which are more or less obsolete today as everyone uses WhatsApp or an equvalant online messaging app to receive messages, an email address for someone in visa would be a great help

Regards mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

marksetgo wrote: »
    Hi is there an email address for visa ??

I'm travelling in the middle east and I'm not receiving the verified by visa one time pass code to my mobile phone , this is causing me all kinds of problems while booking things online, I'm in Egypt at the moment so I've changed to an Egyptian number , contacted the bank in Ireland they updated the number to my card and I have only had one transaction go through without any problems ,I tried to book bus tickets and again I'm not receiving the one time pass code, therefore I cannot proceed with the booking, I had the same issues last year while travelling around Asia ,cannot book things online because I'm unable to receive this one time pass code to my phone number, I have already been in contact with the verified by visa people in Ireland 3 times in the last week ,once to update my number from an Irish number to a local Egyptian number which worked once , the last call I was told there is nothing they can do to help as it's a website issue that looks for this one time pass code .

I would like to contact visa direct and explain the trouble this has caused me while travelling last 2 years so if you have an email address for some this would be great

It is not practical to receive a text message to a local phone provider while travelling, if this one time code was sent to my email address it would work fine, email can be accessed almost anywhere in the world with a Wi-Fi connection receiving a text messages, which are more or less obsolete today as everyone uses WhatsApp or an equvalant online messaging app to receive messages, an email address for someone in visa would be a great help

Regards mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

We are very sorry to hear that you have been experiencing difficulties with receiving one time activation codes for verified by visa to your mobile phone. In an effort to have this looked into on your behalf we would recommend that you get in touch with our Verified by Visa Team on 00353 1 2500370. Please be assured that one of our advisors will be happy to look into this for you.

For security reasons we are unable to communicate account specific information via email and a phone call will be necessary in this instance.

We hope this helps.

thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭VanHalen

Let us know how you get on with BOI fixing this - this seems to be a serious flaw that needs fixing!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 marksetgo

Hi Mark,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

We are very sorry to hear that you have been experiencing difficulties with receiving one time activation codes for verified by visa to your mobile phone. In an effort to have this looked into on your behalf we would recommend that you get in touch with our Verified by Visa Team on 00353 1 2500370. Please be assured that one of our advisors will be happy to look into this for you.

For security reasons we are unable to communicate account specific information via email and a phone call will be necessary in this instance.

We hope this helps.

thanks Jen

Hi

Sorry this is no help at all I'm calling the verified by Visa people in Ireland at least 3 times a week now, today I tried to call and the phone rang for close to 10 minutes with out an answer, eventually I just gave up

Bare in mind im travelling while trying to resolve this nonsense of the verification code, I'm sure there are many people with the same issue it's incredibly frustrating not being able to use your own bank card while travelling,

I've come to the conclusion that visa is not the card to use while abroad and I will change to a card that does not send a 6 digit number by text message to a mobile phone number, totally unreliable system which is causing me alot of problems while away

Regards Mark

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kathryne

Hi Mark,

Thanks for linking in with us here.

We are very sorry to hear that this has been your experience and you have had difficulty using your card for online purchases. The Verified by Visa is an additional step of online authentication implemented by the merchant and for security a one-time passcode is sent to the registered phone. For this reason we always recommend that you keep your number up to date with us.

We will certainly raise your feedback about this. You can raise a formal complaint about this on the below link to our complaints process.

https://www.bankofireland.com/help-centre/customer-complaints-process/

Many thanks,
    Kat

Advertisement