Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice please

Options
  • 14-09-2017 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi all
    If anyone can advise me that would be great
    I paid cash for a car yesterday private sale. Anyway called up today to transfer insurance . I was changing from a 05 2.9 petrol to an 07 2.5 diesel. the broker couldnt get me a quote as the car I bought is taxed as a commercial and that I was looking for private insurance The tax is up in a few weeks. I told them that I plan to tax it for private use ( Which it used to be before the last owner converted it ) as it has 5 seats and room for my dogs in the back. She said even if I do that they still wont quote as it was once a commercial I now have a car in my driveway that I cant get a quote for . Anyone please ? I dont know what to do . I would like to keep it .getting a refund isnt an option

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭dil999

That doesn't seem right. Try a different brokers or go directly to one of the insurers. Can't see how a particular vehicle being taxed as commercial by a previous owner would impact your insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Is your new car currently NCT'd or CVRT'd?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭bunnystalker

Its has an cvrt I called aviva today . Nope said they dont do commercial .I did find a guy eventually he said he would get me a quote on monday

Advertisement