Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air to Water Pump - steel v alu radiators

Options
  • 14-09-2017 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

hi
    I'm getting a Nibe air to water pump installed into a 4 bed semi detached.
    For the upper floor, to save money, I've been told by the re-seller that I could use Steel Radiators instead of Aluminum.
    I understand alu rads are preferable but they're three times the price of steel ones.
    When spec-ing the steel rads, you just add 30% due to the lower water temp of the system.

any thoughts on this?
    have others installed steel rads with A2W?

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭cruiser202006

Mostly fit steel radiators with air to water. Find aluminium radiators flimsy. Fair enough the tend to be smaller but normally use higher rads or triple panel rads where room is tight. Nibe's seller in Ireland also prefer steel radiators as they say heat pumps need a certain volume of water to work properly
    cb102 wrote: »
    ,hi
    I'm getting a Nibe air to water pump installed into a 4 bed semi detached.
    For the upper floor, to save money, I've been told by the re-seller that I could use Steel Radiators instead of Aluminum.
    I understand alu rads are preferable but they're three times the price of steel ones.
    When spec-ing the steel rads, you just add 30% due to the lower water temp of the system.

any thoughts on this?
    have others installed steel rads with A2W?

thanks in advance.

Advertisement