Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with display on cheap desktop build, too bright sometimes

Options
  • 14-09-2017 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭

Strange one, I setup a cheap PC for a friend for word and email etc.

The graphics chipset is an onboard intel q45. The pc is running windows 10.

Basically what happens is sometimes the screen is too bright so it's difficult to see text boxes for example, desktop icons look kind of "fuzzy" and text in general is not as clear as it should be.

If I start messing with screen resolutions, like changing it to 800x600 then back to 1080p, suddenly everything looks ok. Sometimes it's OK when it initially boots, and others it's not. It's not an issue with the monitor itself as the same thing happens on a different screen.

Anyone have any idea what might be wrong? The machine has ran windows updates and has the latest chipset driver.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Is display scaling in use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Noel82

ED E wrote: »
    Is display scaling in use?

Don't know, but I'll check it asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

I saw the same issue on a workplace PC with intel onboard graphics during the year.
    Tried swapping monitors, swapping VGA cable with a better shielded one routed away from interference, updating drivers and just about all of the available windows 7 "Intel HD Graphics control panel" settings

Uninstalling the graphics drivers and allowing windows update to re-install was the resolution for that PC.

Advertisement