Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Late Late Show - September 15th 2017

• 14-09-2017 11:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭

080811_friday_im_in_love_t_shirt_1.jpg

Hello,

Welcome back back back to the show that keeps on giving, its the Late Late Show.

Not sure whats going on here but proper Tennis Legend Martina Navratilova is on. Maybe the greatest ever Tennis Player, winner of 18 Singles and 42 Doubles Grand Slams titles. Martina seems to be quite happy with her life but if there's any repressed memories about living under Communism or having to hide her sexuality, Agent Tubs is on the case. Mystic Skid predicts talk of Martina for Taoiseach, Wheelbarrows and Watches made out of bits of Tennis Rackets.

Tom Vaughan Lawlor has played Padraig Pearse, Charlie Haughey and Nidge. He's in the new Avengers film but he's talking about his other new film Maze, which is about the Prison Break out in 1983 in Belfast. The biggest Prison Break since Prison Break. Or maybe The Great Escape. Or Escape to Victory.

RTE Canteen Pluggy Pluggy time as Bridget and Eamon plug their new series of Bridget and Eamon. Possibly not the worst comedy ever shown on RTE. I mean, I've never watched it, but I watched The Cassidys years ago. That was bad. And Extra Extra, Read All about it, that was worse ...

Vanessa Feltz is an English TV and Radio Presenter. Why is she here? Well, why are any of us here? Is there anybody out there? Is the Matrix real? What about Deja Vu? Vanessa may or may not tackle those questions.

Following the Tullow Tank last Friday we get more Carlow talent this week in the shape of Garryhill's own former D-Side Sensation Derek Ryan.

Also on board are Dublin folk Brothers Hudson Taylor Not to be confused with Hudson Hawk, the very odd Bruce Willis film where he plays a Burglar. One for the Bruce Willis Die Hards only.

It says nothing on the RTE blurb about any Illness or disease, but I know you know them better than to believe that
    Edit: Yeah, it's one of the big diseases this week. Full details in a few posts time. Just for fun, see if you can guess which one.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

One Cure song is never ever enough......

Happy Friday Darlings....

This pair are a really bad influence on me, they're not too keen on spending a Friday night watching Tubs on the telly box

d65aecc741ecbe3ba5a05d80ed63092c--absolutely-fabulous-top.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Update:

Yes, it wouldn't be Friday Night without a segment on Motor Neurone Disease
    The world of Ruth Fitzmaurice and her husband Simon was turned upside down when Simon was diagnosed with motor neurone disease in 2008.

Ruth will discuss how the family have coped since, Simon’s unbending spirit and will to survive and how swimming in the Irish Sea helped her to find her tribe and her own voice.

and
    Late Late viewers will get a sneak peek at some of the cherished objects vying to be declared a National Treasure.

I'll have a few bottles of whatever Patsy and Eddy are drinking.

Please Drink (Responsibly or otherwise)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Might go to mother! in the cinema tonight, even though this lineup is more horrific.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Ryan "Tubs" Fontane won't dare criticise Don Haughey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

It's Friday night, it's time to party. Whose up for a bit of Motor Nuerone Disease chat. Whoop Whoop!!!

• Advertisement

Well, I kind of thought people must be getting tired of the cat and dog pictures in the OP, it's been going for nearly 5 years now,

The first picture is a teaser set up to the final video of Friday I'm In Love, and the graphics are a clever visual illustration of the lyrics which .... Ah well, please yourselves :P

dog-and-cat-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Bridget and Eamon! Guys, get your sick buckets ready..what a pile of vomit that show is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Vanessa Feltz is an English TV and Radio Presenter. Why is she here? Well, why are any of us here? Is there anybody out there? Is the Matrix real? What about Deja Vu? Vanessa may or may not tackle those questions.

It'll start off with Kevin Myers and move on to George Hook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I'm on the edge of my seat here waiting for my weekly dose of Tubs :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

No interest in watching any of them apart from Martina Navratilova.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭Den14

Skid X wrote:

Vanessa Feltz who stuck her liberal machete into Kevin Myers, for the love of God. George Hook getting the boot today in the name of leftist bullsh*t was enough. Sorry about that rant!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Evening all

Looks like Tubs has a challenge on his hands tonight to get tears out of a guest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Evening all! :)

Martina?

Pah! Gimme Melanie and Martina anyday! :D

Funhouse-twins-Melanie-and-Martina-and-Pat-Sharp.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I am actually interested to hear what she thought of that penny pinching jew article, has Myers been shut down like George Hook for it? I dont like the modern hysteria over everything but I also despise both of those "journalists".

Time to rock this casbah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Autosport wrote: »
    I'm on the edge of my seat here waiting for my weekly dose of Tubs :D

Well I certainly agree that is the most appropriate word to describe him.

Rola Cola, Nidge.

Or something like that.

Well I certainly agree that is the most appropriate word to describe him.

Geoffrey, would you either do a proper Boycott of this show or get stuck in properly and start posting?

Preferably the latter, obviously :)

I'm starting to think they were planted in the audience.

Staring at the midday sun would be more enjoyable than listening to these two, or three if you include Tubridy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Bridget said the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭jluv

This gives me a great opportunity to ask a question that was in my head today..
    Does ANYBODY find these two funny? Seriously..maybe they do but I cringe as soon as I see them or even hear them..

I agree with Bridget on that one! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Fake laugh by Tubs

Skid X wrote: »
    Geoffrey, would you either do a proper Boycott of this show or get stuck in properly and start posting?Preferably the latter, obviously :)

aaaarggggghhh. I just cant do it Skid.... just.....cant ....... do.ooo................it. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

And they scrapped Mario Rosenstocks show but gave these another series, the mind boggles.

Good news to hear that Clarke Carlisle has been found safe, reportedly by the Late Late Show researchers who want him for interview next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Jesus, a lot of those jokes got little to no response from the audience. Awkward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Evening all. Oh, some "comedy" to kick things off.

• Advertisement
    M

<SnowFlakeen>I better ring up and complain about her "am I on fire" joke as distasteful because of de London "bomb" this morning</SnowFlakeen>

When is 'The Graham Norton Show' back?

Graham will be gutted that Ryan bagged the Motor Neuron Disease guest.

Derek Batey will be turning in his grave looking at this.

Good nite, folks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Is the constant smoking supposed to be funny in some way?

M

When is 'The Graham Norton Show' back?

Graham will be gutted that Ryan bagged the Motor Neuron Disease guest.

2 weeks time, first guests Harrison Ford, Ryan Gosling, Margot Robbie and Reese Witherspoon.

http://news.tvguide.co.uk/graham-norton-announces-stellar-line-series-return/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

Gotta milk that toy show, the one show Tubs is competent at

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

What was the audience prize?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Icsics wrote: »

Those two gob****es leaving the stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,606 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

2 weeks time, first guests Harrison Ford, Ryan Gosling, Margot Robbie and Reese Witherspoon.

http://news.tvguide.co.uk/graham-norton-announces-stellar-line-series-return/

Graham really scrapping the barrel for his series opener :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

I never believe when a so called jouno says they never go online
    I'm calling BS after 2 mins

• Advertisement

Best avoid the interwebs, Vanessa.

Nothing but keyboard warriors posting abuse about inept broadcasters :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Icsics wrote: »

Bridget and Eamon finally leaving the stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Up next it's rent a gob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭sudzs

Would love if Kevin Myers made a surprise appearance!

The Jews - great bunch of lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Maybe Myers had a point, unsufferable.

Society should embrace stereotypes instead of trying to eradicate them. They are part of human nature and human society.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

PRODUCER: scan to african taxi driver in audience

Yes, move on...now fook off!

M

Tubbs wants misery from her, she wants to have a nice chat it being a Friday evening and dat.

• Advertisement
Advertisement