Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident on London Underground

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

First reports are that people have suffered facial injuries after a "container exploded" in a carriage.

No damage to any trains or life threatening injuries reported.

Doesn't sound like anything malicious at first glance, but we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I'm sure it's not terrorism anyway.

Really hope it's not something major whatever it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Bunny12345

Part and parcel of living in a big city, unfortunately

Bunny12345 wrote: »

What is?

Alleged picture of the container that exploded:
    DJv-H4vXkAIh2lb.jpg:large

If true, then probably just some moron carrying something dangerous in in a LIDL bag.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

There was a factory fire last night in London.

Also, a hit and run this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

It's the feckin' Germans again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

seamus wrote: »

If true, then probably just some moron carrying something dangerous in in a LIDL bag.

Like a bomb.....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Alleged picture of the container that exploded:
    DJv-H4vXkAIh2lb.jpg:large

Ah yeh why not stop and take a picture, runnnnn ya gob****e

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 152 ✭✭Karangue

That bag for life was bad value.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

"nothing malicious"

aye

and that's where we are

gramar wrote: »
    Like a bomb.....
    Those Thursday specials, what DON'T they sell?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 176 ✭✭nigel_wilson

Still amazed Dublin hasn't been hit. the buses and passengers going into town would probably be destroyed with something like this at peak hours in the morning and evening.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Still amazed Dublin hasn't been hit. the buses and passengers going into town would probably be destroyed with something like this at peak hours in the morning and evening.

Almost as amazing as Ibiza not being hit yet :confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Dublin rush hour wouldnt have a patch on london

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Like a bomb.....

Why do you immediately jump to "bomb" without having all the facts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

I think Ireland is a low risk target unless for a big international event taking place here like a sporting event or something. Now there could always be a lone madman wolf but I can't see any huge cell operating here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 152 ✭✭Karangue

fxotoole wrote: »

It's was an explosive device.

Karangue wrote: »
    It's was an explosive device.
    Is my arse a bomb too?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Now there could always be a lone madman wolf but I can't see any huge cell operating here.

The one (so far) Irish madman nutter we've had even didn't bother doing anything in Ireland, he blew himself up in Syria!! :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

A non Daily Mail link for anyone that wants to read up on the latest.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41278545

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭cinnamony

Naw don't give them any ideas...

On a serious note I hope those poor people will be okay. Imagine the fright :/

Having a good chuckle here at all of the eternally hysterical on Twitter: "I just had to run for my life from the Tube Station! I don't know why, but everyone else was running!".

"My brother lives just down the road from that station, thankfull he's OK"

"OMG, I got off at that station just yesterday"

Having a good chuckle here at all of the eternally hysterical on Twitter: "I just had to run for my life from the Tube Station! I don't know why, but everyone else was running!".

"My brother lives just down the road from that station, thankfull he's OK"

"OMG, I got off at that station just yesterday"

Given there was an incident albeit unconfirmed in terms of what it is and given the fact that the UK has been a target for terrorism reasonably regularly and in the recent past and given all of the other incidents around Europe recently I don't think I'd be laughing at people being concerned and jumping to conclusions/fear.

It's easy to be laughing at people from Ireland and of course it's even easier to laugh at such people from Ireland while sitting behind a keyboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

The picture they are showing on the BBC would suggest it was a IED. It appears to be a white bucket with wires coming out of it. Its either someone stupidly transporting volatile material on a crowded tube or a botched bombing attempt by a lone wolf nutjob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

fxotoole wrote: »

How do you know it's not a bomb if you haven't got all the facts?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Bunny12345 wrote: »
    Uriel. wrote: »
    What is?

It's a hilarious joke.

Uriel. wrote: »
    Given there was an incident albeit unconfirmed in terms of what it is and given the fact that the UK has been a target for terrorism reasonably regularly and in the recent past and given all of the other incidents around Europe recently I don't think I'd be laughing at people being concerned and jumping to conclusions/fear.
    In an emergency situation, panickers and attention seekers are the two most dangerous people. They spread fear and misinformation, they cause stampedes and crushes and they make it difficult for emergency services and resources to get to where they actually need to be.

I will continue to point and laugh at overly hysterical people until they learn to cop on and asses a situation before losing their mind.
    How do you know it's not Jesus riding a unicorn if you haven't got all the facts?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Who put that bag there and where are they now?

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

I don't think he's saying that it's not a bomb but everyone is very quick to assume the worst (i.e. bomb).

This is par for the course now with any incident around Europe when the public are affected. It must be a bomb. It must have been terrorists. It may well have been but there's no need to feed into the fear. Lets wait and see, it could have been something far less sinister.

IMO, it doesn't fit with the scale or impact of previous attacks. Reports of "cuts and bruises" and witness accounts of some people with burns on their faces. A witness had time to take a picture of the bag/box on fire. Where's the witness reports of someone screaming "Allahu akbar"? It just feels very incidental and not a plan for mass destruction and loss of life.

I'll take my own advice though and wait and see.

Advertisement