Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident on London Underground

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I am surprised they have not released footage of the suspect even this early on. They surely know who placed it there.

I'm sure they do know who put it there which is why that footage hasn't been released.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Bambi wrote: »
    If you know who the naughty people are then internment is a very good way to keep them out of harms way

The problem then becomes who decides goes in for internment?

It didn't work in the north, it's hardly going to work now except the moderate members of the Muslim community see their family get taken away for spurious reasons and become radicalised themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I'm sure they do know who put it there which is why that footage hasn't been released.

Well if they had him or them in custody that's fine. Of course I understand there can be a variety of reasons why they haven't or have a face but not a name yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

I am simply saying that if you are known and proven to be involved in extremisim or to be protecting those who then you should be punished.

I can't honestly see what's wrong with such a stance.
    The Americans are doing this with there drone strikes, practically killing people that "could" be linked to extremists groups in the middle east. This only creates more terrorists.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

No people don't know what you mean. Obviously harbouring terrorists, not reporting terrorist activity when you know someone is plotting it and actively assisting a terrorist plot should all be activity which is clamped down on hard by the Government.

I doubt you'll find a single person who disagrees with that.

That's completely different from suggesting that you want to round up people who "associate with" terrorists.

Ok I used the wrong word maybe but anyone with half a brain should have known what I meant.

I don't understand why you are so determined to make a fool of me.

• Advertisement

Well if they had him or them in custody that's fine. Of course I understand there can be a variety of reasons why they haven't or have a face but not a name yet.

I'd presume that if he's part of a cell, he probably away at a black site somewhere getting waterboarded out of existence to find out the rest of them who would be in it.

Giving out details would let the rest of them know who it is.

beans wrote: »
    Yeah, they also want to paint all Muslims as monsters in the minds of the common folk. All their goals are being hit.

Here's the reality:

The terrorists believe in Islam and that Muhammad is the messanger of God yes??
    They follow the teachings of the Quran and the Hadith yes?

It's not Asians, it's not sheike then who are they?

Usually they don't move in straight away in case the person can lead them to others.

If they release the footage then the person knows the game is up.

Only going what why I heard witnesses describe. One woman said there was a school kid, 8-10 on the ground screaming and everyone ran and left him in the heart of it. She said he was injured maybe, and needed to be carried, but no one did.

Here's an actual good story from that

https://twitter.com/KatherineManson/status/908608906406047747

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

DrumSteve wrote: »
    The problem then becomes who decides goes in for internment?

It didn't work in the north, it's hardly going to work now except the moderate members of the Muslim community see their family get taken away for spurious reasons and become radicalised themselves.

Worked in the republic, on numerous occassions, keep up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,463 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Gringo180 wrote: »
    The Americans are doing this with there drone strikes, practically killing people that "could" be linked to extremists groups in the middle east. This only creates more terrorists.

And Obama was the Pres who authorised the most drone strikes of any president.

Many people like to ignore that.

Ok I used the wrong word maybe but anyone with half a brain should have known what I meant.

I don't understand why you are so determined to make a fool of me.

Rounding up associates of terrorists and extraditing any suspects are two things which get thrown around in every single thread like this.

So when people come into a thread like this and start talking about rounding up associates of terrorists then people are going to think that they are talking about rounding up associates of terrorists.

I'm not trying to trip you up on your words, I'm taking them at face value.

Rounding up associates of terrorists and extraditing any suspects are two things which get thrown around in every single thread like this.

So when people come into a thread like this and start talking about rounding up associates of terrorists then people are going to think that they are talking about rounding up associates of terrorists.

What of rounding up confirmed fighters who have killed soldiers?
    They are not associates of terror, they are the terrorists.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Eye witness talking on Sky News, a lady described it.
    Another caller/witness on sky mentioned something similar about kids getting trampled while adults fled.

Watching Sky News was your first mistake, will always try the shock tactics, regardless of the event.

Oddly the eye witnesses on BBC News spoke about looking around to see if the injured kid(s) were with anyone, but could not help further, due to the mass of people all on top of each other.

Different News agencies, will try and approach stories from different angles.

Keep up? :rolleyes:

Are you talking about the curragh during the war?

Gis some examples then, I've a few minutes.

Usually they don't move in straight away in case the person can lead them to others.

If they release the footage then the person knows the game is up.

I'd say he knew he would be identified pretty quickly what with all the cctv in London unless he was well disguised of course. Given it was a timer he also planned to escape so probably had a route to go somewhere safe.

NIMAN wrote: »

TBF, id say he was the first president with mass access to drones.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    What of rounding up confirmed fighters who have killed soldiers?
    They are not associates of terror, they are the terrorists.

If they've committed crimes then they should be charged for those crimes. If they haven't committed crimes and have done what you're suggesting then maybe the laws should be changed to make those things a crime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

If the Police talk to people who are known to have dealings or hung out with terrorists, what is the problem? Is not like they are going to be shipped off to jail. We should be looking to prevent the attacks in everyway possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Here's the reality:

The terrorists believe in Islam and that Muhammad is the messanger of God yes??
    They follow the teachings of the Quran and the Hadith yes?

It's not Asians, it's not sheike then who are they?

Not sure what your point is here, but I'm sure the majority of Muslims would disagree with the bolded part.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Billy86 wrote: »
    No I did not, because I am not a psychic. Your position seems to be changing with every second or third post, so it's not exactly easy to keep up with this scattergun approach of ideas devoid of much thought.

Who put you up on that pedestal?

You know what I meant and no amount of blustering and pontificating will change that.

Instead of acting high and mighty every post why don't you try offering some suggestions of your own?
    You can get off your predictable, put upon victim shtick, thanks. Try thinking your ideas through like I said from the start so as not to change your position every other post in a whirlwind of knee-jerk incoherence and your ever changing, vague positions may be a little easier to decipher.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Keep up? :rolleyes:

Are you talking about the curragh during the war?

Gis some examples then, I've a few minutes.

Civil war 22-24

The emergency 39-45

Border campaign 57 right up to the 60s from memory.

Anything else you need cleared up?

And caused chaos up north which is also the likely result in the U.K.if the police deliberately targeted the Muslim community. You would alienate moderates and create a new generation of disenfranchised people. Unfortunately better intelligence is the only answer which usually works but no system is perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

No I did not, because I am not a psychic. Your position seems to be changing with every second or third post, so it's not exactly easy to keep up with this scattergun approach of ideas devoid of much thought.

So you don't think people who knew a attack was coming and said nothing should not be arrested or jailed for it?
    Where did I say that? If someone knew about the plot and didn't inform authorities of course they should be viewed as complicit.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

They are now in England killing & raping children at will
    Lets just start killing every single catholic priest.
    Letting them hide behind common law has to stop, these are monsters you are dealing with not criminals.
    Agreed. Lets kill all the catholic priests!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

NIMAN wrote: »

Absolutely. This is one of the biggest terrorist campaigns since world war 2, and they eonder why extremism has increased tenfold.

I'd say he knew he would be identified pretty quickly what with all the cctv in London unless he was well disguised of course. Given it was a timer he also planned to escape so probably had a route to go somewhere safe.

Yes possibly. Point is that any Government will control information being released in a very different way to pretty much any other crime. If there had been a stabbing or shooting on the tube this morning they may well put the guy's face on TV and the Internet already but they're not going to do that with a terrorist attack. Not yet anyway.

We saw the same thing with the attack in Manchester. There the guy died but they still didn't want the identification out there. As soon as the American leaked the name the Brits' operation was compromised and they had to move on all of his associates before they were ready to do so.

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Not sure what your point is here, but I'm sure the majority of Muslims would disagree with the bolded part.

Are they Muslim terrorists? Thought it was fairly clear :confused:

On the second part really? Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

You can get off your predictable, put upon victim shtick, thanks. Try thinking your ideas through like I said from the start so as not to change your position every other post in a whirlwind of knee-jerk incoherence and your ever changing, vague positions may be a little easier to decipher.

Look I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you because you've obviously decided you're right and won't be swayed from that.

If you couldn't make sense of what I was saying that's your problem not mine.

• Advertisement

the_syco wrote: »
    Lets just start killing every single catholic priest.

Agreed. Lets kill all the catholic priests!

Didn't realize Catholic Priests were detonating suicide bombs at childrens concerts

Advertisement