Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident on London Underground

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Billy86 wrote: »
    Where did I say that? If someone knew about the plot and didn't inform authorities of course they should be viewed as complicit.

What about interviewing people who associate with terrorists?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

El Weirdo wrote: »
    But sure Sadiq Khan the worst London mayor of all time said it's normal in a big city.

Exactly what metric are we using here?
    That he is mayor and it's on his watch that London is consistently having terrorist attacks and his links with Islamists. He is a crap mayor and should never have been elected.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    You asked the question if they haven't fought?
    I don't care for them nor did I comment on them in the first place.

Considering I was asking the question of another and never saw you mentioned fighters.

I suggested making a start by getting rid of the ones who have confirmed to have fought.

Ok so lets say you can PROVE that some guy fought for ISIS for example given that pack of twats are currently being blown into oblivion and Iraq and Syria will probably be rid of them soon where do you extradite them to? Syria and Iraq won't take them, they'd be mad to. These guys are a british problem not theirs.
    These scum go to train / fight in Syria against Britain and then Britain knows this then somehow lets them back into the country.
    They then return home and rape and kill innocent people & children on mass while continuing to warp the minds further of new followers using the Quaran
    Letting them hide behind common law has to stop, these are monsters you are dealing with not criminals.

LOL at this I think I will leave you to your rants..........

Don't see why it's a rant? The easiest thing it seems for you it seems is to laugh it off and mock the poster

• Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

That he is mayor and it's on his watch that London is consistently having terrorist attacks and his links with Islamists. He is a crap mayor and should never have been elected.

What a load of nonsense. How about the Tory government who are actually in charge of national security?! I doubt Mr Khan has any control over Manchester ?You are just attacking him as he is labour and also a Muslim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Didn't realize Catholic Priests were detonating suicide bombs at childrens concerts

Yeah, no history of priests hurting children at all. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Bambi wrote: »
    Civil war 22-24

The emergency 39-45

Border campaign 57 right up to the 60s from memory.

Anything else you need cleared up?

Yeah some actual facts to back up your claim.

Don't see why it's a rant? The easiest thing it seems for you it seems is to laugh it off and mock the poster

This phrase Mick is pure fantasy unless you can show me where any returning guys who fought for ISIS "return home and rape and kill innocent people & children on mass". I don't remember that story?

What I see is you tying two different crimes together to push a xenophobic agenda. That's why I am laughing at you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Look I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you because you've obviously decided you're right and won't be swayed from that.

If you couldn't make sense of what I was saying that's your problem not mine.

Well to help make sense, perhaps you could get back to us on these on your idea to return people to where their parents are from?

1. Not possible by international law as best I am aware, that country could laugh the UK out of it and tell them where to go.

2. And if their parents were born in the UK? Do we revert to grandparents? Great grandparents? Great great grandparents? What if their family lines go back to the Norman invasions, I'm assuming you'd be looking to deport them to France based on 850 year old ancestry?

3. What if someone has for example one French parent and one Austrian parent?

4. What if their Norman ancestors themselves had ancestry dating back to the Romans? And what if those Romans had ancestry dating back to the Gauls in France? Do France and Italy just keep deporting the same person back and forth every few weeks for decades on end? If this happened to Irish/English people caught up would you promise not to whinge and moan about the cost of doing so to the tax payer?

Or have you changed your opinion on that also so that when you wrote to send people back to their parents country of origin it isn't what you meant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

Bambi wrote: »
    Civil war 22-24

The emergency 39-45

Border campaign 57 right up to the 60s from memory.

Anything else you need cleared up?

You have left out the lads who were interned after 1916. Imprisoning them only radicalised them further.

• Advertisement

What a load of nonsense. How about the Tory government who are actually in charge of national security?! I doubt Mr Khan has any control over Manchester ?You are just attacking him as he is labour and also a Muslim
    I'm attacking him because he is crap and he is Mayor of London. He should resign and hang his head in shame. People can talk about answers to this all they want. The political will doesn't exist to fix this issue, the strange death of Europe is rather strange and the response to these incidents every time is what makes it strange.

What about interviewing people who associate with terrorists?

Depends on what you mean by associate. Do you mean everyone they worked with, everyone on their street, and on and on? Or do you mean people who knew them particularly well? And if the latter, what criteria would you have to make that distinction?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

You have left out the lads who were interned after 1916. Imprisoning them only radicalised them further.

That's not all he left out to be fair. Internment has been a very popular tool of the worst dictatorships and it was also a massive failure in NI over the course of the troubles.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

London is constantly having terrorist attacks because of horrible policies at home and abroad by the UK Government going back more than 15 years.

Khan's city faces the brunt of it because it is the largest city in Western Europe, the financial capital of the whole of Europe and is probably the most ethnically diverse 600 square mile area of the planet.

If Boris was still Mayor these attacks would be happening it's just the statements afterwards would involve more stutters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭elefant

the strange death of Europe is rather strange and the response to these incidents every time is what makes it strange.

Does it make the death strange, or the strange death strange, or the strange death's strangeness strange?

gandalf wrote: »
    This phrase Mick is pure fantasy unless you can show me where any returning guys who fought for ISIS "return home and rape and kill innocent people & children on mass". I don't remember that story?

What I see is you tying two different crimes together to push a xenophobic agenda. That's why I am laughing at you.

Pure Fantasy: The name gandalf is in Lord of the Rings, that's why I'm laughing at you.

The convicted rapist gangs in England believe in Islam as do the guys blowing themselves up in concerts.

HAHA Xenophobic

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I'm attacking him because he is crap and he is Mayor of London. He should resign and hang his head in shame. People can talk about answers to this all they want. The political will doesn't exist to fix this issue, the strange death of Europe is rather strange and the response to these incidents every time is what makes it strange.

The people of London will make that determination at the next election (spoiler - he'll be returned by a large majority).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Knex. wrote: »
    During WWII, the US sent approx 120,000 civilians of Japanese descent into interment camps, stripping them of their rights and their American identify. There was no probably cause, just the simple fact of Japanese heritage.

I'd rather this kind of crime less incarnation and extreme violation of civil rights was not seen again, tbh. We can't just advocate pulling people from the streets because of general suspicion derived from their heritage. That will only enhance the divide and the issues we are seeing.

Luckily absolutely nobody is proposing that european muslims be incarcerated due to their heritage nor will it ever ever happen

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

wakka12 wrote: »
    Luckily absolutely nobody is proposing that european muslims be incarcerated due to their heritage nor will it ever ever happen

Well, except if sharia becomes a thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Beefy78 wrote: »
    If Boris was still Mayor these attacks would be happening it's just the statements afterwards would involve more stutters.

... and be given by a white person.

• Advertisement

Edward Heath and Margaret Thatcher are among the very, very worst UK Prime Ministers ever - I never knew you felt this way.

I assume you'll be providing reputable evidence of Sadiq Khan's "links with Islamists" by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Everyone knows the majority of the Muslim population in the UK don't believe in Jihad against their government.The issue is how do you stop the handful of Muslims who plan to carry out a attack from doing so?

This is not like Northern Ireland. The IRA had widespread support for it's cause,fighting the British, and fighting the Ultra Unionists/ Paramilitaries who killed innocent catholic's. The number of Muslim people be questioned about terrorist activities will be tiny, minimal. There not enough Islamic terrorists in the UK to cause upset to the Muslim population.

Police know who the Muslims are promoting hate and violence. They waving flags in the open during organised Islamic rallies and gathering. Forget police protection and human rights for them, these guys don't care about your right so why you giving them a right of protection?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

elefant wrote: »
    Does it make the death strange, or the strange death strange, or the strange death's strangeness strange?

That reads like something a very depressed Bruce Forsyth might have said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

IED found in Belfast this year. Hope it wasn't those boys.

The name gandalf is in Lord of the Rings, that's why I'm laughing at you.

The convicted rapist gangs in England believe in Islam as do the guys blowing themselves up in concerts.

HAHA Xenophobic

Hang on you said that these guys fought for ISIS and then returned to Britain and have/are raping and killing kids. I don't remember that happening. Now you are saying that the thread that connects this is Islam. So guys commit crime and because the only thing that links them is their religion you want to persecute and label the whole of the religion for their crimes.

Just take a look at our country and you will see the fallacy in that arguement. We have had our share of religious child rapists and murderers in the name of religion. Yet I don't label all Catholics or Protestants in this way. I think you and others need to stand back and realise that mainstream law abiding muslims are now more represented by these extremists than Catholics were by the child rapists of the Church or the murderers of the IRA.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 82 ✭✭MickDoyle1979

Stop and search and run background checks and/or prohibit the travel of all passengers at ports and airports from all countries with Muslim insurgencies.

Intern all Muslim European nationals who are known Islamic extremists.

Deport all Muslim non nationals who are known Muslim extremists.

Deport all radical Muslim clerics and radical preachers.

Close all mosques where known radical preachers operate and where it is known that radicalization is happening.

Unshamedly stand up for democracy, human rights and equality for all faiths and none, women and gays and secularism.

Human rights should be universal and backward governments and backward societies who resist should be made uphold them.

Hunt down defeat capture or kill Islamic terrorists all over the world.

Beefy78 wrote: »

London is constantly having terrorist attacks because of horrible policies at home and abroad by the UK Government going back more than 15 years.

Khan's city faces the brunt of it because it is the largest city in Western Europe, the financial capital of the whole of Europe and is probably the most ethnically diverse 600 square mile area of the planet.

Boris was Mayor not THAT long after Iraq (2008 he was elected) and the fallout from that and didn't have such ferocity of incidents in one year like this. I certainly don't remember London getting the pounding it is getting now with all these Islamic terrorist attacks.

The people in powerful positions should bear the responsibility and be held accountable for such attacks, one attack is bad enough, multiple attacks is a disaster. Do not think I am defending the foreign policy of UK governments from Blair to Cameron, I am more than aware of Tony Blair's disastrous immigration and foreign policies.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Depends on what you mean by associate. Do you mean everyone they worked with, everyone on their street, and on and on? Or do you mean people who knew them particularly well? And if the latter, what criteria would you have to make that distinction?

If you hanging out with terrorists there is a strong chance you overheard something said or heard the guy promoting hate or his said recently i traveled to the Middle East or Africa, somewhere unusual? You hanging out with bad guys, so i don't care if police arrest people just to have a conversation. If you got nothing to hide you be ok.

• Advertisement

It's the defense of the indefensible that's all a bit mad

Advertisement