Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident on London Underground

Options

Comments

brilliant response. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Hmmm...not to mention that 'moderate' encompasses misogyny amongst other things. Moderate in the sense that they're not interested in martyrdom? Moderate is used loosely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

So have they caught the person or released info on them yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

fxotoole wrote: »
    Why do you immediately jump to "bomb" without having all the facts?

This post had 7 likes early today, now it only has 3. My guess is the liberal brigade in again! As flimsy as their beliefs.

Given the attacks in crowded public spaces in Europe, why would you not jump to the bomb conclusion?
    In fact I'd argue that assuming Muslim lead terror attack is a natural conclusion for incidents in Western European cities.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Nabber wrote: »
    This post had 7 likes early today, now it only has 3. My guess is the liberal brigade in again! As flimsy as their beliefs.

I'd say more so people thanking the post then back tracking. Not wanting to appear "wrong"

How sad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Hmmm...not to mention that 'moderate' encompasses misogyny amongst other things. Moderate in the sense that they're not interested in martyrdom? Moderate is used loosely.

They are moderate but it does'nt help, Islam as a social system tends towards oppressive totalitarian societies regardless of whether you're all moderate or not

And the funny thing is that people like that lady leave these places but then want to propagate the system that turned their own country into a ****hole :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 82 ✭✭MickDoyle1979

El Weirdo wrote: »
    The bits in bold go completely against the rest of your post.

Are you trying to say that fighting Islamic extremism is anti democratic anti gay anti woman and anti human rights?

Islamic extremists want to replace democracy with theocracy kill gays stone women who do not obey their code of morality and have contempt for human rights. They ultimately want a global Caliphate.

Being an Islamic extremist is on the same plain as being a Nazi or an extremist Marxist.

What do you have a problem with?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Madagascan

chupacabra wrote: »
    Its telling that I feel much much safer in Eastern europe than I do in Western europe these days. And by a staggering margin too...
    Likely.
    And one of the reasons is some Countries like Poland do not accept do called refugees.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,903 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Terrorists on the loose in London and no one seems bothered. Since May has took over it's gone to hell . Had none of this under Cameron .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Moderate muslim is still highly conservative compared to moderate religious westerner. It basically is just a term for not associated with extremism..

• Advertisement

Terrorists on the loose in London and no one seems bothered. Since May has took over it's gone to hell . Had none of this under Cameron .

Its simply a rise in terrorist attacks since summertime across all of europe, I dont think it has anything to do with May.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Have the posters who ridiculed the notion that this may well be a terrorist attack apologised.

I expected raids tonight, but seems the terrorists and police have had an early night. It's very strange, usually after an attack we see swift action, police out there, media hot on their tail reporting.
    Why so quite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

seamus wrote: »
    a "container exploded"
    Pelvis wrote: »
    Is my arse a bomb too?

Just a container or a fart this time.

Speakers or Balloons in Manchester,Containers or Farts in London.
    If it wasnt so tragic it would be funny.
    Whats the world coming to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

I expected raids tonight, but seems the terrorists and police have had an early night. It's very strange, usually after an attack we see swift action, police out there, media hot on their tail reporting.
    Why so quite.

Interesting.

I wonder in about three months time after all the media fuss has died down will it be quietly reported that it may not have been a bomb after all? < Question mark.

The flip side being, the police should be all over the show looking for the perpetrators before they strike again. Thankfully this time their device failed to properly explode.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

I don't know how to change the title. Is that up to the mods?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭SPDUB

Just breaking on the BBC that they have arrested an 18 year old in Dover in connection with the explosion

SPDUB wrote: »
    Just breaking on the BBC that they have arrested an 18 year old in Dover in connection with the explosion

And it's all hush hush. No info released, something weird is going on.
    Trump hinted at such, must be a very embarrassing situation for UK.
    This guy is being protected

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Its not weird at all. They are being careful, probably protecting the operation to scoop up any associates of the bomber (if this guy is the bomber).

As for Trump I doubt he is clued in on this situation in any way. As usual he was talking ****e!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

SPDUB wrote: »

It was probably a science project so.

• Advertisement

People just want to find conspiracy theories where there are no conspiracy theories.

Remember when after a bombing in Russia, the authorities there released a name who was the main suspect? And some praised the Russians for having the balls, for not worrying about stuff... and yada yada.

... and then it turned out the person they identified was totally innocent.

There's a reason the authorities elsewhere keep it hush hush until they know

People just want to find conspiracy theories where there are no conspiracy theories.

Remember when after a bombing in Russia, the authorities there released a name who was the main suspect? And some praised the Russians for having the balls, for not worrying about stuff... and yada yada.

Pretty much this, UK intelligence and security forces (at least as best I'm aware!) have a pretty excellent reputation for a reason.

An incidentist has been arrested

And it's all hush hush. No info released, something weird is going on.
    Trump hinted at such, must be a very embarrassing situation for UK.
    This guy is being protected

When has a criminal ever been protected in situations such as this? Much more likely they simply dont have definite info yet. The answer is generally the less sinister one.. Im pretty sure theres no media conspiracy going on here

Not substantiated or anything but apparently he was trying to get out of the country (arrested in Dover) which may explain in part how the authorities acted. I'd assume ferry services, airports etc had received some form of notification long before they got to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

If his name was John Smith his photo would be all over the news by now. We all know what's going on here.

Not true; the Nazi terror attack in Gothenburg a few months back was hardly even mentioned anywhere and the identities of the attackers were originally concealed for a start, while details of the London and Manchester attackers were out very quickly.

Details on the culprit will likely come out over the next 24-48 hours.

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    If his name was John Smith his photo would be all over the news by now. We all know what's going on here.

You think media is protecting islamic terrorists, guys like the poster below you think media are protecting white right wing terrorists. In reality the media get nothing out of this and outing a terrorists personal details whether he's brown white black muslim or christian will only serve to get them more headlines and newspaper sales, which is the ONLY motive media outlets have in these situations fyi.

Also the London and Manchester attackers were caught or killed at the scene so thats why their details emerged much quicker than this attacker as it took police a while to even find out who he was first of all and then catch him and question him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

wakka12 wrote: »
    You think media is protecting islamic terrorists, guys like the poster below you think media are protecting white right wing terrorists. In reality the media get nothing out of this and outing a terrorists personal details whether he's brown white black muslim or christian will only serve to get them more headlines and newspaper sales, which is the ONLY motive media outlets have in these situations fyi.

Also the London and Manchester attackers were caught or killed at the scene so thats why their details emerged much quicker than this attacker as it took police a while to even find out who he was first of all and then catch him and question him.

The media won't have the info if it's being withheld. Not saying it is though.

• Advertisement

wakka12 wrote: »

I'm not saying they're protecting neo Nazi terrorists, I'm saying there are reasons why they do and do not release info sooner or later (or rather why info is or is not released to them, because you're correct that paper sales/clicks/viewers are typically their only loyalty, and as AH shows us there is far more interest in Muslim terror attacks than other forms) - we've seen details released quickly and slowly for various different kinds of attacks. What I'm saying is the idea that if he were John Smith, his info would have been out there immediately for just that reason is nonsense, basically.

Advertisement