Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident on London Underground

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Abu94 wrote: »
    All the time but it should be given as much attention as a car accident as similar amount of deaths are caused.

Downplaying terror attacks.

What's your agenda here?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,180 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Btw there will never be a terrorist attack in Ireland because Ireland does not DIRECTLY attack middle eastern countries like UK, France and other big players who bomb the **** out of middle east and kill innocents which causes them to seek revenge and bomb European countries but let's ignore the root of the problem and focus on the irrelevant right?

Yep, keep telling yourself this if it makes you feel better. In reality, most of these attacks are for ideological reasons and nothing to do with revenge for any military action. Extremists hate anyone who isn't like them, and believe that they deserve to die, end of story

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Downplaying terror attacks.

What's your agenda here?

These are the type of people who think a bomber on a train is blasé but a silly old fella saying something silly on a radio station is a threat to the very fabric of humanity...

Takes all sorts, as they say...

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭SSr0

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    These are the type of people who think a bomber on a train is blasé but a silly old fella saying something silly on a radio station is a threat to the very fabric of humanity...

Takes all sorts, as they say...

Post of the month, if not the year. Well said.

I know you are being sarcastic but you are actually right.

Well, considering that ISIS and other groups consider themselves the agents of an apocalypse, and holds true to the idea of mass cleansing of unbelievers, I'd suggest that Ireland is still fair game for attacks in the future.

Unless, of course, we all embrace the true faith... whichever version of Islam, that particular group believes in.

We are apostates, aren't we? I'd guess bombing the Middle east just moves you to the head of the to-do list. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,180 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

So this is another person "known to authorites". He was arrested 2 weeks ago but released without charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    So this is another person "known to authorites". He was arrested 2 weeks ago but released without charge.

Yea I just read that, so trump was right. Pity they didn't keep him locked up

deco nate wrote: »
    Yea I just read that, so trump was right. Pity they didn't keep him locked up

Then he wouldn't have done anything, and people would be complaining that the Police/Government were abusing 'peoples' rights....

Where are you reading this news? Not saying - I'm just curious of the source as haven't seen it mentioned other places.

Where are you reading this news? Not saying - I'm just curious of the source as haven't seen it mentioned other places.

Headline in the Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4889860/May-raises-level-critical-ISIS-claim-Tube-attack.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Big shout out to Sweden.

They have troops in both Afghanistan and Iraq.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    They have troops in both Afghanistan and Iraq.

You mean UN Peacekeepers?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

deco nate wrote: »
    You mean UN Peacekeepers?

No. At the request of the U.S.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    No. At the request of the U.S.

In what role ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

weirdalfoil_2322.jpg

I don't understand this post.
    What that poster suggested was that this person was possibly a refugee/asylum seeker/migrant who was welcomed with open arms. Why respond with a tinfoil hat image.

As it turns out, according to Sky News anyway, this guy was possibly staying in a foster home. Seemingly taken in and given refuge and this is how he repays his host country.
    From what I've gathered from the story so far.

So the foil hat image is just embarrassingly out of touch with what's going on.

I don't understand this post.
    What that poster suggested was that this person was possibly a refugee/asylum seeker/migrant who was welcomed with open arms. Why respond with a tinfoil hat image.

As it turns out, according to Sky News anyway, this guy was possibly staying in a foster home. Seemingly taken in and given refuge and this is how he repays his host country.
    From what I've gathered from the story so far.

So the foil hat image is just embarrassingly out of touch with what's going on.
    Maybe we all should put on tin foil hats to that posters post... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Can you look at how many people die from terrorism in all of Europe and how many die from just suicide just in Ireland. Nobody gives a **** about suicide even though the numbers are extreme but when a terrorist blows up a train and kills 5 people then people are outraged. Stalin was 100% right when he said. ''A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic.' '
    Nobody cares about the 300 people that kill themselves by suicide yet when a terrorist kills a few people then the whole world is outraged. Completely illogical and very annoying to see this behaviour from sheep.

And why do we care much more about shark attacks than the thousands who die annually on roads world wide? Its because one is caused by the person themselves (generally within reason) and one is caused by another thing attacking 'innocent' people and ending their lives

Btw there will never be a terrorist attack in Ireland because Ireland does not DIRECTLY attack middle eastern countries like UK, France and other big players who bomb the **** out of middle east and kill innocents which causes them to seek revenge and bomb European countries but let's ignore the root of the problem and focus on the irrelevant right?

And yet still despite this little nugget there have been terrorist attacks in Copenhagen, Stockholm, Barcelona and Turku Finland in the last two years

All the time but it should be given as much attention as a car accident as similar amount of deaths are caused.

That is absolutely ridiculous, somebody planned to brutally kill as many people as possible for political/ ideological reason and you think it should be given as much air time as a car crash which happens every day? They receive much more air time because theres a lot more to talk about than an accident like a a car crash. Why did he do it? How?The timeline of events?why wasnt it stopped? Who were the victims?
    It honestly sounds like youre trolling or else just completely ignorant. If you cant understand why a terrorist attack in a major city does and SHOULD get vast amounts more media coverage than a car crash than youre either stupid or trolling

• Registered Users Posts: 20,971 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

It's like reality tv the way the news channels kick into terrorism mode and keep the dramatics up on a ten minute loop... (Obviously i know its reality tv by definition)

• Advertisement

It's like reality tv the way the news channels kick into terrorism mode and keep the dramatics up on a ten minute loop... (Obviously i know its reality tv by definition)

Well people go absolutely gaga for it so I cant say Im a bit surprised, its no reflection on the media..they respond to public interest!

wakka12 wrote: »
    Well people go absolutely gaga for it so I cant say Im a bit surprised, its no reflection on the media..they respond to public interest!

I'm not surprised either but in a way it just shows how low media standards have dropped. I mean, sure, the media always jumped at the chance to show a war (WW2, Korean war, Vietnam), but there was some integrity to their reports.

Modern media is just trash driven by various political or moral agendas with an eye on creating sensationalism for profits.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 255 ✭✭PuppyMcPupFace

wakka12 wrote: »
    And why do we care much more about shark attacks than the thousands who die annually on roads world wide? Its because one is caused by the person themselves (generally within reason) and one is caused by another thing attacking 'innocent' people and ending their lives

AS far as I know but i missed some of Shark Week, most of the shark population do not have the goal in life of killing every other species on the planet to create a global sharkiphate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

Might have been wacist to hold him any longer. The snowflakes would be up in arms rambling on about his human rights etc..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 255 ✭✭PuppyMcPupFace

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    Might have been wacist to hold him any longer. The snowflakes would be up in arms rambling on about his human rights etc..

Someome put a "Refugees Welcome Here!" sticker at Dublin Airport the other week as I was travelling.

As it was Terminal 2 security to leave Ireland I heartily concur!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Someome put a "Refugees Welcome Here!" sticker at Dublin Airport the other week as I was travelling.

As it was Terminal 2 security to leave Ireland I heartily concur!!!!!

Should we not offer refuge to people in need of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

DrumSteve wrote: »

Carefully vetted families yes. The system Germany, Sweden, France etc... have enacted absolutely not.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

DrumSteve wrote: »

Who needs it?
    ISIS is on the brink of defeat & the other jihadi
    "rebels" will soon follow.
    Hundreds of towns and villages have been liberated this year.

Syrians are already returning to rebuild their homes from Turkey & Jordan.

Europe can begin the process of returning "refugees".
    Refuge is supposed to be temporary after all.
    Otherwise it's not refuge, rather permanent population transfer.

Who needs it?
    ISIS is on the brink of defeat & the other jihadi
    "rebels" will soon follow.
    Hundreds of towns and villages have been liberated this year.

Syrians are already returning to rebuild their homes from Turkey & Jordan.

Europe can begin the process of returning "refugees".
    Refuge is supposed to be temporary after all.
    Otherwise it's not refuge, rather permanent population transfer.

That's fine for the Syrians. And even some of the Iraqis.

But for the hundreds of thousands of Pakistanis, Bangladeshi's, Afghans and Africans, Europe is stuck with them for good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

BillyBobBS wrote: »

What would be your criteria for interning someone?

Advertisement