Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident on London Underground

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

vicwatson wrote: »
    And people stopping to take photos on their phones :rolleyes:

Those photos may very well help someone in a few weeks/months to identify the next potential IED being deployed somewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭todders

gitzy16v wrote: »
    Im no bomb expert.

Clearly. Nor are many people here would be my guess.

That's probably why they don't comment specifically on something they know nothing about....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,795 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Looks like London got very lucky this morning. Still 18 people injured.

The big worry has got to be that the person or people responsible are still at large and will know that the hunt is on for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

todders wrote: »
    Clearly. Nor are many people here would be my guess.

That's probably why they don't comment specifically on something they know nothing about....

I was right,confirmed the MET,so CLEARLY I know something but Im not an expert.
    Get back in your box.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Those photos may very well help someone in a few weeks/months to identify the next potential IED being deployed somewhere!

Yeh? they might not have existed had a secondary IED went of in the bottom of the bucket, get the **** outta there, end of, person that took the pic i saw earlier might not have lived, instead takes time to photograph the damn thing

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Only because it didn't ignite are we not looking at people dead in the double figures. But sure Sadiq Khan the worst London mayor of all time said it's normal in a big city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

This could have been so much worse this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

Police have put an appeal out for photos and videos:
    https://ukpoliceimageappeal.co.uk/upload/choose

While there is no way I'd hang around to take photos or videos of an event like that, they can help in the investigation.

Someone must have lit a candle to prevent the IED from going off...

Yea, but in all seriousness, continues to be the case that nothing is being done and will continue to happen until the known Jihad fighters scumbags & Training centers masqueraded as Mosques are dealt with

Oh and stop calling the Muslim rapist gangs 'Asians' in the mainstream media that would help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Rory Rigney, said he had just got on the tube train - one of the last to board - when the explosion happened only a few feet away.

“I thought ‘did someone smash something’. It sounded like a smash then I heard a scream and thought ‘it’s someone having a fight’. Then I saw the fireball coming towards me - yellow or orange. My face still feels warm. I wasn’t hanging around to get a better look at it,” he told reporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Met police sources have said the device only partially exploded.

Initial examination of the device by explosive experts have led them to conclude it was “viable”, meaning it was meant to explode more fully.

vicwatson wrote: »
    Yeh? they might not have existed had a secondary IED went of in the bottom of the bucket, get the **** outta there, end of, person that took the pic i saw earlier might not have lived, instead takes time to photograph the damn thing

And I might have plucked up the courage to kiss that girl that was giving me the eye in the club all those years ago. and had a much better life because of it.

My point is, its after the fact.
    People are inquisitive, People will stop to take photo's of anything these days. was it a stupid thing to do? probably. Was it dangerous? probably. Fact is someone did take all of 1/2 seconds to take a photo of something ,and now those photo's exist, and perhaps could help people identify the next IED.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Judging by Donald Trump's tweet Scotland Yard are aware who was responsible.

Someone predicted it on August 21st. What are the security services doing..

He's the former Special Forces guy isn't he??
    It's absolute madness.

kick footballs at a goal all day from the halfway line and eventually one will go in

M!Ck^ wrote: »

He's the former Special Forces guy isn't he??
    It's absolute madness.
    I think so, don't know much about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Security officials are now saying there was a timer on the device meaning whoever put it there wasn't around when the device exploded

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Yeah, cause he is a reliable source of information.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

kopite386 wrote: »
    Security officials are now saying there was a timer on the device meaning whoever put it there wasn't around when the device exploded

That would indicate to me they are working alone and obviously were not prepared to die which beggers the reasons why? It's possible they wanted to live and place other devices in public places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Podge_irl wrote: »

Now now, I'm sure he wouldn't jump to conclusions and would want to get the "full details" before passing any comment, just like he said after the neo Nazi terrorist attack in the US...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

That Muppet can't even keep his own country in order! He should keep his nose out of situations he has no idea about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Podge_irl wrote: »

Well Britain do share everything with the US from an intelligence perspective on these events.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    That would indicate to me they are working alone and obviously were not prepared to die which beggers the reasons why? It's possible they wanted to live and place other devices in public places.

Exactly, and the authorities will know their face now. All trains have CCTV. A friend of mine was on the train, got off a few stops before Parsons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭flaneur

I'm sure the security services are very aware of the risks. To be fair to the UK security services they have generally been doing a fantastic job of responding to and preventing attacks. They've foiled quite a few and I'm sure we aren't hearing about many others they've prevented too.

It's an extremely difficult nut to crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

BillyBobBS wrote: »

We could go the tinfoil hat route and say it was a false flag operation ;)

It's early days let's see what comes out of the wash over the next few hours and days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

gandalf wrote: »
    We could go the tinfoil hat route and say it was a false flag operation ;)

It's early days let's see what comes out of the wash over the next few hours and days.

The tin foil hat brigade are absolute clowns. There is nothing tin foil about this. These people want us all dead and aren't going away. I refuse to accept the view of the London mayor and others who view this as "part and parcel" of life in a big city.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,082 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

flaneur wrote: »
    I'm sure the security services are very aware of the risks. To be fair to the UK security services they have generally been doing a fantastic job of responding to and preventing attacks. They've foiled quite a few and I'm sure we aren't hearing about many others they've prevented too.

And thats the scary part. They are doing immense job and yet we still have plenty of attacks this year. And only going get worse as thats what some are accepting

• Advertisement

flaneur wrote: »

No they haven't.
    It's reactive measures at last minute.

Preventing the problem is getting to the route cause.

Advertisement