Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident on London Underground

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    Drop them in the middle of the sea with concrete boots then. If you show support for extremists who are willing to blow up children, men and women then i couldn't give a hoot about their human rights etc..
    And if you show support for dumping men, women and children in the sea, what should happen to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Drop them in the middle of the sea with concrete boots then. If you show support for extremists who are willing to blow up children, men and women then i couldn't give a hoot about their human rights etc..

So what level of proof is required for your concrete leg warmer policy to be enacted? Posting something silly on social media? Appearing on a watchlist (because security forces don't make mistakes) etc? What decides that a person is summarily executed in your world? Please give me specific details and not "I'm so tough" soundbites.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

And if you show support for dumping men, women and children in the sea, what should happen to you?

Sounds kind of...extremist

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

And when their parents are British? Do you just keep going back generations with this bollocks until it suits you? Sounds like a great plan

Then send them to one of the many conservative Muslim caliphates they want to be a part of.

It's beyond me why people are so adverse to dealing harshly with these people, why they are so afraid to take action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

gandalf wrote: »
    So what level of proof is required for your concrete leg warmer policy to be enacted? Posting something silly on social media? Appearing on a watchlist (because security forces don't make mistakes) etc? What decides that a person is summarily executed in your world? Please give me specific details and not "I'm so tough" soundbites.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057776394

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057744031

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057683938

Its been done already in these other threads.
    Some good ideas,some terrible ideas.
    Ira,catholics,western intervention all the strawmen are in these threads.
    Ill go out on a limb here and say that this incident will have the same similarities as all the previous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Then send them to one of the many conservative Muslim caliphates they want to be a part of.

It's beyond me why people are so adverse to dealing harshly with these people, why they are so afraid to take action.

What if the countries you want to deport them too
    ...won't take them??

I'm all for taking action...but yours just isn't approaching realistic

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I would suggest those advocating everything from mass deportations to internment to mass murder as the solution are the ones displaying signs of fear to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

In what countries?

And what if they're not a Muslim extremist but a different type, where do they go to then?

You really don't appear to have put much of any thought into this to be honest.

What if the countries you want to deport them too
    ...won't take them??

I'm all for taking action...but yours just isn't approaching realistic

Then through them in prison here - you cannot seriously believe these people should be allowed to go living as they are, doing as they please while we watch and wait for them to strike again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

They're saying on Sky News now that it's being treated as a Terrorist incident.

At what point are we going to stop taking and start taking action against these lunatics.

The softly softly watch and wait approach is not working anymore.

Like what do you want to see happen? We already fighting Terrorists in Syria, Iraq and Libya. You can not arrest people for crimes they have not carried out. The only thing the British police can do is break up Islamic hate rallies or arrest people for hate speech. People should be jailed for promoting violence and hate crimes, least i think so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

You'd imagine they'd want to relieve fears for Friday evenings incase this lad was part of a cell planning to attack pubs/clubs etc of people going out after work on a Friday

Or more likely they know who the guy is but don't want to make their move in case he leads them to others. Isn't that what the British Government got pissed off with Trump about earlier in the year when the US basically announced who it was forcing the police to move in?

Then through them in prison here - you cannot seriously believe these people should be allowed to go living as they are, doing as they please while we watch and wait for them to strike again

Do you honestly believe internment is a good idea

By all means sentence them,if they are guilty of something..

But the surly anyone has right to be considered innocent until proven guilty?

Ah, so it's only Islamic terrorist scum that should be dealt with this in fashion? I think that answers your question for you. People aren't afraid to take action, they aren't stupid enough to make the reactions those who cower before terrorist scum want.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I guess it's because some of us like living in free countries where people have rights, where Police, security services and the Government are subject to due process & the rule of law and where people are innocent until proven guilty.

Like what do you want to see happen? We already fighting Terrorists in Syria, Iraq and Libya. You can not arrest people for crimes they have not carried out. The only thing the British police can do is break up Islamic hate rallies or arrest people for hate speech. People should be jailed for promoting violence and hate crimes, least i think so.

I want to see a much tougher stance being taken - saying there's nothing we can do because they aren't doing anything wrong is not good enough anymore.

First and foremost I believe the law needs changing in regards to what can be considered crime - associating with known extremists, showing terrorist leanings and even harbouring and failing to report know terrorists or terrorist activity should be crimes punishable by jail time in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭flaneur

The problem with that is it's how you end up with situations like the Birmingham 6.

Swift justice, don't bother too much with due process or investigation, find someone from the community that the terrorists are associated with and teach them a lesson.

All it does it cause gross miscarriages of justice and alienates the very people who would otherwise be helping to root out terrorism and radicalisation from their own communities.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I guess it's because some of us like living in free countries where people have rights, where Police, security services and the Government are subject to due process & the rule of law and where people are innocent until proven guilty.

Get off your high horse.

You and I both know we're dealing with people who could care less about our rights. Why should we treat them with kid gloves when we know what they are capable of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭flaneur

Which "they" though?
    Without due process you're just shortcutting justice to get a swift result and that inevitably causes issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Billy86 wrote: »
    In what countries?

And what if they're not a Muslim extremist but a different type, where do they go to then?[/B

Not that I agree with mass deportations or executions but what other extemists are you referring to?! There's hardly a load of Amish lads carrying out atrocities.

I want to see a much tougher stance being taken - saying there's nothing we can do because they aren't doing anything wrong is not good enough anymore.

First and foremost I believe the law needs changing in regards to what can be considered crime - associating with known extremists, showing terrorist leanings and even harbouring and failing to report know terrorists or terrorist activity should be crimes punishable by jail time in my opinion.

This is horsesht,I know a few who've been convicted of Terrorism offenses (curiously from both sides of the troubles....we never talk/ask of what they get upto...none my business

Often call to visit and hang out with as we have mutual interests and hobbies....in your fantasy world...you want me locked up??

Your trampling over people's civil liberties for virtually no increase on safety

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Billy86 wrote: »
    In what countries?

And what if they're not a Muslim extremist but a different type, where do they go to then?[/B

Not that I agree with mass deportations or executions but what other extemists are you referring to?! There's hardly a load of Amish lads carrying out atrocities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Get off your high horse.

You and I both know we're dealing with people who could'nt care less about our rights. Why should we treat them with kid gloves when we know what they are capable of?

Please type in English not 'merican, or things get a bit confused

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭housetypeb

On another thread you're all for bombing North Korea and its people,which would be considered extremist from their perspective-should they drop you in the ocean,just in case?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭todders

gitzy16v wrote: »
    I took an educated guess,whats your problem?
    Maybe you could educate yourself and you might have the confidence to make an educated guess...lmao:rolleyes:

"Educated"...yet you comment based on something you admit you know nothing about.. without having proof at the time of the comment

hmmm ok :-)

Get off the stage

Do you honestly believe internment is a good idea

By all means sentence them,if they are guilty of something..

But the surly anyone has right to be considered innocent until proven guilty?

If you're shown to be actively involved with extremisim then yes you need to be taken off the street.

Ah, so it's only Islamic terrorist scum that should be dealt with this in fashion? I think that answers your question for you. People aren't afraid to take action, they aren't stupid enough to make the reactions those who cower before terrorist scum want.

Don't try to paint me as racist or islamophobic, it's an insult to both our intelligences.

You know good and well which group of people I am referring to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Beefy78 wrote: »

Get off your high horse.

You and I both know we're dealing with people who could care less about our rights. Why should we treat them with kid gloves when we know what they are capable of?
    So that you don't wind up in prison because your neighbour Darren who seemed like a nice, friendly guy that you'd have a chat with if you passed him in the street wound up slamming his car into a bunch of innocent people.

If you're shown to be actively involved with extremisim then yes you need to be taken off the street.

That's along way different to rounding up large numbers and interning them

Surly you can wait until they've been convicted....which should be no issue if they are shown to be actively involved wit extremism??

Omackeral wrote: »

You have that neo Nazi crowd that murdered the MP for a start, few of them arrested last week, where should they be deported to? The Sudetenland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Who gets to define the definition of extremism?

Advertisement