Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident on London Underground

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Internment worked really well in Northern Ireland, there were no repercussions whatsoever. That's why the troubles ended peacefully when it was introduced in 1971.

It didnt work in the north but worked really well in the republic in previous instances

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

By associating I meant being involved in extremisim with your friend or sympathising with him, keeping secret his plans for an attack etc not just greeting each other on th street.

He knows what you meant.....just looking for liberal internet points.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,914 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

The type of explosion that was to weak to break the train, so a fire ball travelled both ways , engulfing people within its flames. It's a nasty attacked, people are scarred for life, both physically and emotionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

I am noway involved with terrorism...never will be (it's day is gone in Ireland)

Then you have nothing to worry about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Do you think terrorists talk openly of their plans?

They have family members, neighbors who may have suspicions, may not pass on information. Someone in the neighborhood where the terrorists hang out saw something. Either way promoting violence and hate should not be allowed to be practised and be protected by human right laws.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

The type of explosion that was to weak to break the train, so a fire ball travelled both ways , engulfing people within its flames. It's a nasty attacked, people are scarred for life, both physically and emotionally.

Yes, even though no one died thank goodness, it seems there will be life-altering injuries, it's just very sad. At the best of times, I hate traveling by underground, I don 't know how thousands don't have anxiety disorders after underground bombs happen. It must be hell if something like that happens on your carriage. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

By associating I meant being involved in extremisim with your friend or sympathising with him, keeping secret his plans for an attack etc not just greeting each other on th street.

That's not associating, that's plotting, colluding and sympathising. Big difference there.

Billy86 wrote: »
    That's not associating, that's plotting, colluding and sympathising. Big difference there.

Look you know well what I meant, stop trying to twist my words.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭todders

gitzy16v wrote: »
    Yes educated,as in somebody who can read,unlike you.
    "Im no expert" means "know nothing about" now does it?
    Go back to school.

Miss the point much? :rolleyes:

todders wrote: »
    Miss the point much? :rolleyes:

Yes,I think you have

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Look you know well what I meant, stop trying to twist my words.
    No I did not, because I am not a psychic. Your position seems to be changing with every second or third post, so it's not exactly easy to keep up with this scattergun approach of ideas devoid of much thought.

No I did not, because I am not a psychic. Your position seems to be changing with every second or third post, so it's not exactly easy to keep up with this scattergun approach of ideas devoid of much thought.

Who put you up on that pedestal?

You know what I meant and no amount of blustering and pontificating will change that.

Instead of acting high and mighty every post why don't you try offering some suggestions of your own?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

I am surprised they have not released footage of the suspect even this early on. They surely know who placed it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

During WWII, the US sent approx 120,000 civilians of Japanese descent into interment camps, stripping them of their rights and their American identify. There was no probably cause, just the simple fact of Japanese heritage.

I'd rather this kind of crime less incarnation and extreme violation of civil rights was not seen again, tbh. We can't just advocate pulling people from the streets because of general suspicion derived from their heritage. That will only enhance the divide and the issues we are seeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,082 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I just hope none of you ever have yourself or a loved one involved in a terror attack.

I was about 500 yards from one myself a decade ago for a side which in general I thought I was on. It stays with you for long long time.

Hence why I end up having a higher quota in threads like this then some of the norm. It just seems some of you are all too happy with way things are.

Its same faces making fun of other posters opinions.

So you don't think people who knew a attack was coming and said nothing should not be arrested or jailed for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

Bambi wrote: »
    It didnt work in the north but worked really well in the republic in previous instances

You could make a case for it having worked during the civil war. On the other occasions it was introduced to deal with the RA it could be argued that it only worked because the numbers interned were very small, and the authorities knew all of the leaders involved.

Different times, different circumstances.

gandalf wrote: »
    Wtf? :Rolleyes:

You asked the question if they haven't fought?
    I don't care for them nor did I comment on them in the first place.
    That's a problem Britain has now created and is now suffering because of mistakes made by government and security forces.

I suggested making a start by getting rid of the ones who have confirmed to have fought.

Unreal what people will do to blind themselves from rationale

These scum go to train / fight in Syria against Britain and then Britain knows this then somehow lets them back into the country.
    They then return home and rape and kill innocent people & children on mass while continuing to warp the minds further of new followers using the Quaran
    Letting them hide behind common law has to stop, these are monsters you are dealing with not criminals.

So many little comments from witnesses about school kids, and how the adults simply pushed and trampled them to get away, didn't help them, did the opposite.
    That's so not cool.
    Every witness seems to mention how kids were trampled while adults left them behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

So many little comments from witnesses about school kids, and how the adults simply pushed and trampled them to get away, didn't help them, did the opposite.
    That's so not cool.
    Every witness seems to mention how kids were trampled while adults left them behind.

These attacks are intended to cause this kind of societal break-down. This kind of reaction is almost as saddening to me as hearing of fatalities.

• Advertisement

That's so not cool.

Seriously?

Thats a fcuking disgrace.

beans wrote: »
    These attacks are intended to cause this kind of societal break-down. This kind of reaction is almost as saddening to me as hearing of fatalities.

It shows that people are more and more terrified. Exactly what these scumbags want to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    It shows that people are more and more terrified. Exactly what these scumbags want to happen.

Yeah, they also want to paint all Muslims as monsters in the minds of the common folk. All their goals are being hit.

That's so not cool.

Have you got a source for this news report?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I just hope none of you ever have yourself or a loved one involved in a terror attack.

I was about 500 yards from one myself a decade ago for a side which in general I thought I was on. It stays with you for long long time.

Hence why I end up having a higher quota in threads like this then some of the norm. It just seems some of you are all too happy with way things are.

Its same faces making fun of other posters opinions.
    I know quite a lot of people that have been caught up in terrorist attacks or lost loved ones in them. Myself included. I know a few of the **** that committed them too.

I make no apology for belittling some of the pure dung posted on this site and elsewhere on the internet purporting to be possible solutions

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Who put you up on that pedestal?

You know what I meant and no amount of blustering and pontificating will change that.

Instead of acting high and mighty every post why don't you try offering some suggestions of your own?

No people don't know what you mean. Obviously harbouring terrorists, not reporting terrorist activity when you know someone is plotting it and actively assisting a terrorist plot should all be activity which is clamped down on hard by the Government.

I doubt you'll find a single person who disagrees with that.

That's completely different from suggesting that you want to round up people who "associate with" terrorists.

gitzy16v wrote: »
    Seriously?

Thats a fcuking disgrace.

Only going what why I heard witnesses describe. One woman said there was a school kid, 8-10 on the ground screaming and everyone ran and left him in the heart of it. She said he was injured maybe, and needed to be carried, but no one did.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

You could make a case for it having worked during the civil war. On the other occasions it was introduced to deal with the RA it could be argued that it only worked because the numbers interned were very small, and the authorities knew all of the leaders involved.

Different times, different circumstances.

If you know who the naughty people are then internment is a very good way to keep them out of harms way

Only going what why I heard witnesses describe. One woman said there was a school kid, 8-10 on the ground screaming and everyone ran and left him in the heart of it. She said he was injured maybe, and needed to be carried, but no one did.

Such selfish bastards to do something like that.

• Advertisement

Have you got a source for this news report?

Eye witness talking on Sky News, a lady described it.
    Another caller/witness on sky mentioned something similar about kids getting trampled while adults fled.

Advertisement