Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polaroid OneStep 2

Options
  • 15-09-2017 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭

Now this looks interesting:

https://eu.polaroidoriginals.com/pages/new-cameras

The New Polaroid OneStep 2, a proper Polaroid camera that takes the original film used in the old school cameras.

The Impossible Project is closing as a result. They really have done amazing work over the years keeping instant film alive.

Personally I think this is great news. I use instaxfilm a lot so its good to have other options.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

fixxxer wrote: »
    Now this looks interesting:

https://eu.polaroidoriginals.com/pages/new-cameras

The New Polaroid OneStep 2, a proper Polaroid camera that takes the original film used in the old school cameras.

The Impossible Project is closing as a result. They really have done amazing work over the years keeping instant film alive.

Personally I think this is great news. I use instaxfilm a lot so its good to have other options.

Impossible project isn't closing, this IS the impossible project. They're licensing the polaroid branding. The film will still be the same IP stuff i.e. depending on your point of view overpriced and crap or overpriced and .. eh .. edgy

Also prompts the question as to what'll happen to the CURRENT line of 'Polaroid' cameras and film which are just rebrands of current Instax cameras and film.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I hadn't realized what a mess the Polaroid brand has become, with bits of it licenced all over the place. I would imagine this would be sold under the Polaroid Originals brand so as to try and keep it separate. It does create a weird clash with the instax branded stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

This looks awesome. I just haven't been able to get enthused by the Instax cameras. I don't enjoy the size and shape of the prints, and the SQ10 is just over engineered for my liking. The OneStep2 looks like a back to basics instant film camera with the iconic square format. The reduced cost of the film packs is an added bonus. Defo on the wish list.

Bacchus wrote: »
    This looks awesome. I just haven't been able to get enthused by the Instax cameras. I don't enjoy the size and shape of the prints, and the SQ10 is just over engineered for my liking. The OneStep2 looks like a back to basics instant film camera with the iconic square format. The reduced cost of the film packs is an added bonus. Defo on the wish list.

Yeah I don't understand why Fuji hasn't taken their thumb out of their ass yet and produced a normal Instax for the square format. Or, god forbid, something with rudimentary manual control. Whoever is managing the instax product line in Fuji has basically a license to print cash and is futering around instead with bull**** hybrid digital cameras and candy coloured plastic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement