Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intrum Justita

Options
  • 15-09-2017 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I recently received a letter from Intrum Justitia re an unpaid Littlewoods, no excuses here I literally just didn't pay it (stupid I know). I called Intrum Justitia and I told them about my letter and that I'd get paying when I can so agreed to pay them €50 the week after but gave them €30 as money was a little tight that week, but I never agreed to weekly payments. Today I get a call saying that I now have "a broken payment" as I didn't pay the agreed €50. The man on the phone then says I have to now pay €60 a week. I argued with him that I have never agreed to pay weekly and he said "well I have to" or further action will be taken. To be honest I'd pay the €60 a week just to get it over with but do "I have to". I just didn't like the way he spoke about it as if I had to do what he said or else lol! Has anyone had any dealings with these guys? They don't come knocking on the door do they? I don't fancy been on an a TV3 version of can't pay we'll take it away!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

I got a few letters off them over a €50 vodafone bill. I threw them in the bin.
    Keep paying your €50 euro a week and don't let their bullying attempts frighten you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi Op

1st thing - don't deal with intrum justitia.

Call littlewoods, offer a payment per week and stick to it. It you have to eat beans on toast and drink water, stick to it.

Usually they snap your hand off for any sort of repayment plan. then next time IJ call, tell them your dealing with littlewoods and they are not to call you again, or contact you again.

Advertisement