Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

immigration help

Options
  • 15-09-2017 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi All....wanted to ask about moving to nyc....i am a qualified tennis coach , Tennis Ireland and United States Tennis Association..and qualified cardio coach, qualified Director of Tennis. Also a H.Dip in photography with 3 national photography nominations. I feel i am a skilled individual. I have lots of interest esp in tennis from NYC and want to hire me but not in a position to sponser me but said if i can find another way he will do what he can. Any ideas guys ??? Hate yo let my dream go. I have the money and skills.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Dave1442397

There are some special sports-oriented visas that you could look into. See this site for some details. 
    http://www.sportvisaamerica.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

Hi All....wanted to ask about moving to nyc....i am a qualified tennis coach , Tennis Ireland and United States Tennis Association..and qualified cardio coach, qualified Director of Tennis. Also a H.Dip in photography with 3 national photography nominations. I feel i am a skilled individual. I have lots of interest esp in tennis from NYC and want to hire me but not in a position to sponser me but said if i can find another way he will do what he can. Any ideas guys ??? Hate yo let my dream go. I have the money and skills.

I am a qualified ice hockey coach and find it hard to someone to sponsor me

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Setanta1234

cena wrote: »
    I am a qualified ice hockey coach and find it hard to someone to sponsor me

Its a pain...where are you from , what steps have you taken and what did they tell you ??? What kinda replies are you getting from employers ? If you dont mind me asking

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

Its a pain...where are you from , what steps have you taken and what did they tell you ??? What kinda replies are you getting from employers ? If you dont mind me asking

I'm from Ireland. I have contacted major ice rinks and team. Most are interested till they know I would need to be sponsored.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Setanta1234

cena wrote: »
    I'm from Ireland. I have contacted major ice rinks and team. Most are interested till they know I would need to be sponsored.

Isnt that just a pain...im the same situation . They have said if i find another way they will do what they can. Just a pain. Have you spoken to anyone regardng visas or been given advice ??? Have you thought as they are showing interest..that you would go over and volunteer work or work for free and get your foot in door that way..show them what you can do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Isnt that just a pain...im the same situation . They have said if i find another way they will do what they can. Just a pain. Have you spoken to anyone regardng visas or been given advice ??? Have you thought as they are showing interest..that you would go over and volunteer work or work for free and get your foot in door that way..show them what you can do

You can't volunteer on the VWP. The only way is to get sponsored or prove extraordinary ability. There's a section on this site about visas for sports coaches

http://www.sportvisaamerica.com/

Advertisement