Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Supposed RTE insider dishing dirt on the organisation

• 15-09-2017 10:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭

Saw this on twitter, not sure if its real but I imagine some people will be able to substantiate/contradict some of the claims.

https://twitter.com/rtesecretpro

There is a good story there about Craig Doyles multiple shows and Vogue being aimed at young people

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Crazy how the behaviour of the unions influence what you can and cant do during a show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Defintely real.

Underlines the cesspit of chaos that is the organization and confirms what many of us thought about suppression of certain news stories, including those pertaining to certain media moguls. Place needs a massive internal audit.. i wouldnt be surprised if there was cooking of books and corruption to boot. Unaccountable and failing to deliver, a narrative that is true of many public sector bodies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

by the by WIA is back on Monday BBC Two 10 PM :)

Twitter is a terrible platform for this sort of thing - he'd do better to link to a blog and do Q&A on twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

by the by WIA is back on Monday BBC Two 10 PM :)

Twitter is a terrible platform for this sort of thing - he'd do better to link to a blog and do Q&A on twitter.

For generating initial buzz it's the best around though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Get them to do an AMA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

stesaurus wrote:
    Get them to do an AMA

G8 minds think alike,just about to post the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Minister

Maybe someone in the public sector/civil service/quangos will put up an account highlighting laziness, waste and inefficiency - which from what l have seen in a past working life is rife.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I read some of that twitter and there's nothing in it that isn't common knowledge already, I'd imagine every family in IReland has someone connected to them working/worked in RTÉ that heard all the "jobs for the boys" that goes on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It's getting juicy. The whistleblower said they were locked out because someone was trying to access their account (he/she assumes someone in RTE).

They also have a second account ready to go with 500 tweets if the first one is blocked completely.

I copy and pasted all the tweets into a more readable format, for anyone who's not on twitter but wants to read the details...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104702322&postcount=82

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Surprised RTÉ don't spend €9.5 million taking out an injunction to shut it down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

Surprised RTÉ don't spend €9.5 million taking out an injunction to shut it down.

It'd be cheaper to strike a deal with the Kinahans and Hutches.

" You pick yer man off and we won't report on your 'lifestyle '. "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,404 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I copy and pasted all the tweets into a more readable format, for anyone who's not on twitter but wants to read the details...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104702322&postcount=82

Oh the way the person says hello to their colleagues halfway down your post is madness.

Advertisement