Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio : Infraction for Charter Breach

Options
  • 15-09-2017 11:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭

I received an infraction from an Admin, so I don't know if that short circuits the above or not. I PMd the Admin who infracted me anyway, but obvs no reply yet.

Anyway, I worded my post VERY carefully having seen other posts receive infractions for abusing a presenter. Here's my post, which I believe contains no abuse of any presenter.
    If having George Hook on the air is the price to pay for getting Dil off the air then it's a price I think it's worth paying, twice over if needs be. Give him another slot, I don't listen anyway, but that woman's odious agendas shouldn't be anywhere near mainstream radio. Hopefully she goes to AM or DAB.

I got the infraction for "charter breech" - a vague and general, and frankly, sneaky reason to card someone.

My opinion is that Dil uses her show to push a certain agenda, one which I find odious, and I'm glad she's removed herself from the air (as she had at the time).

Is holding those opinions against the charter of the Radio Forum, or Boards.ie in general?

What I've not done is call anyone names, abuse anyone or acted the dick.

I do believe that if having George Hook on air is the reason for Dil being off-air then it's a small price to pay.

Again, I have not abused anyone. I was very careful not to.

It's weird that the same admin was going through that thread last night, carding posts either side of mine, but only actioning mine this morning. But that's neither here nor there, I just wanted it noted.

It's also pretty co-incidental that the week I'm in contact with a different Admin about gaining access to the Pol Caf having been told to wait three more months after my initial request, and having a clean record up til now, that I was told I'd be given access should I request it, that's now at risk.

Strange, no card for this one at time of writing. Was the Admin looking for my post in particular? Did someone with an agenda report my post.

Come on, it's very obvious what's at play here lads. I've kept my nose clean, but I'm still being singled out. So much for a two-way street.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, the action or not on other posts is none of my business, that's going to be the card played here and it's a good one to hide behind. Also, "we can't see everything" - but you can see one post from last night, and not another, the next morning.

Be easier if yiz just site banned me again, wouldn't it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

hullaballoo is a mod of radio as well as an admin, so the card was given by a forum mod - the fact that he's also an admin is not relevant to the DRP here. And yes, you have the same rights to argue the card as any other poster.

I'm not sure when you contacted the mod in question, so you may need to wait for a response first. If nothing is forthcoming, or you can't reach a resolution, I'll ask the CMods to look into it.

~Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

Right so

I've PMd the mod asking for the card to be rescinded, will wait til Monday morning.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

This has been resolved via PM.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement