Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloween shop

Options
  • 15-09-2017 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Now New World is gone.. They were the only decent shop around to buy for Halloween/Christmas stuff. Anyone know of something close by that might (pop up) open for the seasons ahead.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

glossy wrote: »
    Now New World is gone.. They were the only decent shop around to buy for Halloween/Christmas stuff. Anyone know of something close by that might (pop up) open for the seasons ahead.

Try the Garden Centre at Coldwinters. I seen lots of stuff there last week. Just past Dogs Trust. It is 15 mins drive from Blanchardstown.

I really miss that Homeworld Shop. Don't forget Home store & More will have their stuff in next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

Knine wrote: »
    Try the Garden Centre at Coldwinters. I seen lots of stuff there last week. Just past Dogs Trust. It is 15 mins drive from Blanchardstown.

I really miss that Homeworld Shop. Don't forget Home store & More will have their stuff in next month.

Thanks I'll try the Garden Centre. Home store is ok, but not as good as for your cheap nik naks, and Halloween costumes etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Mr. Price and Dealz are good for the knick nacky stuff and Mr. Price does some ok costumes for the kiddies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

It's strange because New World has a planning application on the window. It is dated earlier this year, though I did seem to take a strange amount of time to start the planned work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Halloween HQ is opening in Liffey Valley retail park in a week or so.

Opened in Dundrum yesterday.

• Advertisement

daymobrew wrote: »
    It's strange because New World has a planning application on the window. It is dated earlier this year, though I did seem to take a strange amount of time to start the planned work.

It was possibly a different shop as the old one was called Home World. It was a great shop for gardening, Halloween & Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

It was possibly a different shop as the old one was called Home World.
    Sorry, I meant Home World.
    I found the planning application: FW17A/0026
    Change of use from retail warehouse to retail together with a new mezzanine floor measuring 360 sq.m (to replace existing mezzanine). The total GFA of Unit 416 will be 847 sq.m.
    Planning permission was granted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I never knew there was a mezzanine level in that shop!

daymobrew wrote: »
    Sorry, I meant Home World.
    I found the planning application: FW17A/0026

Planning permission was granted.

So I wonder if the shop will open again? I brought a lot of stuff there. I heard they left because of rising rents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

So I wonder if the shop will open again? I brought a lot of stuff there. I heard they left because of rising rents

Company has been dissolved, so no longer exists.

Ekin Homeworld Ltd.

Planning was applied for by owners of centre.

Another place for Halloween is Choice homeware in Ashbourne.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

Ok happy days! I got a catalog in the door. From (Dazzle) which says they moved from Blanchardstown centre, and now in Charlestown finglas.
    Same catalog like home world had.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Halloween HQ is opening in Liffey Valley retail park in a week or so.

Opened in Dundrum yesterday.

This is in the valley and heard bad things, they tell you no refunds on purchase and also sizes seem to be wrong and have head kids have had to get uniforms cut off.

Advertisement