Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confirmation of Direct Debit Details

Options
  • 15-09-2017 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭

We recently switched back to EI through bonkers.ie and while the direct debit details specified on bonkers were correct the confirmation letter we received from you has the wrong name on the dd account.  The electric bill is in my wife's name but the direct debit is coming from my bank account in my name.

The issue is that the confirmation letter we received details the Account Name as being my wife's rather than mine.  I rang 1850372372 last week to have this rectified and the original mandate was cancelled and a new one created with the correct details but once again the confirmation letter we received has my wide's name incorrectly detailed for the bank account name.

Can you please confirm that the Account Name as detailed on the letter is the actual bank account name that you are going to go the bank with on the direct debit or is it just a restatement of the actual electricity account holder?

I would like to point out that should you make any direct debit requests which are cancelled because your system incorrectly details the name on the bank account that we are in no way going to accept any charge on the account when we have provided the correct details on two occasions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi antomack,

Here in this department we would need to check the Electric Ireland account in question.

If the account-holder could contact us, we are here on Electric Ireland Social Media until 6pm, and we will return on Monday.

We are also on Facebook and Twitter and if the account-holder is not on social media, the relevant email address for this query is service@electricireland.ie (allow a number of working days for response).

We can add your name to your wife's Electric Ireland account too if she gives us this instruction (and if you message us to say you would like your name added also).

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭antomack

Hi Una,

AFAIK I'm authorised on the account. I've pm'd the account number etc to you.

Anthony

Advertisement