Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyclesurgery order

Options
  • 15-09-2017 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

I was about to post this in bargain alerts. I was looking for a less fancy gps watch to be used when out walking (sure it can be used for cycling too) and found a Bryton Cardio 40 on Cyclesurgery UK for 45 pounds.
    Went ahead, ordered it to PM. They're slow to dispatch. That's ok, don't mind. But when I opened the package to my surprise the watch was in an open box, upside down. I don't know what condition the watch is in. It didn't have a transparent plastic on the screen, only a new looking sticker on the bottom. It's not scratched at all but there's a tiny bit of dust here and there.
    Charged it up, was completely flat, battery seems to hold the charge.
    On their website they don't mention anything, so I expected a new watch. This is not the case.
    I'm happy with the watch. I'm going to write an email to them though that I wasn't entirely happy on receiving my order.
    Anyone with a similar experience with Cyclesurgery UK?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 GabbaTheHutt

if you live in Dublin you could take it into their shop in Dundrum. Be quick though, I was told by a member of staff in there last week that they are closing down and not dealing with warranties anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I've just looked at reviews of Cycle Surgery on Trust pilot.
    76% of reviews are either one star or two star, that's Bad or Poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Not worth a trip, GabbaTheHutt. The watch works as intended. Just don't like way my order was handled. Bit below my standards.

Yes, Eamonnator, I noticed that myself after I had put the order through. I'd say I could even consider myself lucky for getting something at all! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

I bought a Garmin 520 from their UK online site. When it arrived it had clearly been used. It still had four journeys still in its memory.
    Brought it back to Dundrum and they exchanged it without question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Thank you!

If I lived in Dublin, I'd have brought it back to them. But being further away it'd mean a 250km roundtrip for me or at least a tenner to post. (I'm not expecting the customer care any better.)
    The watch cost me €55 all in. What would you do? Or better of asking for a price reduction?

• Advertisement
Advertisement