Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement sim, what pin and puk number?

Options
  • 15-09-2017 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi

I just bought a new phone and I had to do a sim swap cause I needed a nano sim card, that all went fine, got onto to web chat. 

But was wondering what Pin and Puk codes do I use, the new sim cards codes or the old ones? I checked my account in MyEir and it showed the old pin and puk, but I'm not sure cause when I turned on the phone I had to unlock it with the new pin? 

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Sevenie wrote: »
    Hi

I just bought a new phone and I had to do a sim swap cause I needed a nano sim card, that all went fine, got onto to web chat. 

But was wondering what Pin and Puk codes do I use, the new sim cards codes or the old ones? I checked my account in MyEir and it showed the old pin and puk, but I'm not sure cause when I turned on the phone I had to unlock it with the new pin? 

Thanks
    Hi Sevenie,

Thanks for getting in touch. When you get a replacement SIM it should come with a new PIN and PUK. These can be found in the pack that the SIM comes in.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Sevenie

It did but when I log into My Eir account, it gives my old Pin and Puk which are different than the replacements sim, so which are the correct ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Sevenie

Ah ok never mind, I just checked My Eir again and the new Puk is showing. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Sevenie wrote: »
    Ah ok never mind, I just checked My Eir again and the new Puk is showing. 
    No problem, glad it's sorted for you :)

- Adam

Advertisement