Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting time for online overdraft application

Options
  • 15-09-2017 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

I'm wondering how long it will take for my overdraft application to be processed. I have plenty in savings but need to pay a deposit on a course so need the overdraft fairly lively until the savings come out in a week's time.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi _Roz_

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

Can you tell me when did you apply for the overdraft please? Did you complete it online?

If it has been in the last 24-48 hours please be assured you will be contacted by our lending team once your application is reviewed by a lending advisor.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Kareana  

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭_Roz_

I applied Friday lunchtime. I was told by the woman in the bank to apply online, and that 'they work on Saturdays but (she) doesn't know if that's included in the 24-48 hour waiting time'.

It has been 48 hours, not including Saturday, and I've heard nothing. I also have no record of my application, no way to see if it's being processed and no number to call about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi _Roz_,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been contacted yet. You should've received an update by Tuesday at the latest. If you call the team on 0818200347 an adviser will be happy to look into the status of your application.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭_Roz_

I didn't bother calling the number as I only had a couple days wait til I got my savings anyway.

They never called me, turns out they just applied the overdraft without notifying me or contacting me in any way. I don't know how long its been there, or how many days I could have already paid the deposit on my course. I found out purely by chance when paying a bill, my account says the available funds are 600 euro more than is on my account. Would have been nice to be contacted as I wanted to discuss removing the overdraft once it was no longer necessary.

Could someone please tell me the procedure for this?

Really disappointed with this service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi _Roz_,

We're sorry to hear you are unhappy with the service. You can have the overdraft facility removed from your account by sending an Ask a Question message from Service Desk on 365 Online or call 0818365365.

We will ensure to pass on your feedback regarding this process.

Thanks
    Tara

• Advertisement
Advertisement