Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Help with a translation

Options
  • 15-09-2017 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I have a wedding card commission and i need "May you forever find joy in each others eyes, warmth in each others arms and love in each others eyes" translated in gaelige and my skills are honest rubbish. Anyone willing to help?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,206 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Are you sure 'eyes' appear twice?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭pandoraj09

yeah, is it supposed to be "hearts"? I've a translation done but waiting to hear back from you about that...

• Registered Users Posts: 6 gerelliott

pandoraj09 wrote: »
    yeah, is it supposed to be "hearts"? I've a translation done but waiting to hear back from you about that...

No, my client specifically stated they wanted eyes.
    Though i'm happy to take another version.

??????
    i kinda need this ASAP

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

gerelliott wrote: »
    I have a wedding card commission and i need "May you forever find joy in each others eyes, warmth in each others arms and love in each others eyes" translated in gaelige and my skills are honest rubbish. Anyone willing to help?

"Go bhfaighe sibh aoibhneas go deo i súile a chéile, croíúlacht i lámha a chéile, is grá síoraí i súile a chéile"

That would be one approach to it anyway.

• Advertisement

"Go bhfaighe sibh aoibhneas go deo i súile a chéile, croíúlacht i lámha a chéile, is grá síoraí i súile a chéile"

That would be one approach to it anyway.

That sounds beautiful ;_;

go raibh míle maith agat, Insect Overlord

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

gerelliott wrote: »
    That sounds beautiful ;_;

If it's not too urgent, maybe wait until tomorrow afternoon to see if anyone else gets back to you.

I'd also recommend joining the Irish Language Learners' Forum for future reference. There are some great linguists on that site from all over the world who give top class advice for inscriptions, tattoos, etc.

If it's not too urgent, maybe wait until tomorrow afternoon to see if anyone else gets back to you.

I'd also recommend joining the Irish Language Learners' Forum for future reference. There are some great linguists on that site from all over the world who give top class advice for inscriptions, tattoos, etc.

I'll do that ^_^
    Just encase i struggle in future commissons

Advertisement