Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice UK 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

siblers wrote: »
    Karen was giving out about Katherine spending too much time trying to haggle over the handkerchief yet when the other girl didn't want to waste time trying to save a quid over the car aerial, she was giving out about that too. That really bugged me.
    She either wants them to haggle down and save every penny or not waste time trying to save a quid here and there, she can't have it both ways

Hate the inconsistent criticisms of Sugs and co.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I do apologize about the off topic post. But every time I see Charles I see Jonah Hill.

4221396001_5598157600001_5598156617001-vs.jpg?pubId=4221396001&videoId=5598156617001

maxresdefault.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Karen made some comment in the boardroom to one of the women - and I can't remember what it was now - but the look on her face could only be described as a sneer. I'm really beginning to dislike Karen, especially when you compare her to Margaret before her.

They're trying to make her out to be a "villain" and this tough, ruthless entity on the show, but she's awful at it.

No harm if she was replaced

I prefer Claude to Nick though, myself

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭SteM

Practically every season they're given a task where they have to run around London buying stuff and every season they seem to have a group of people that look bewildered every time the place is mentioned. You'd think people would study various areas of London when they're picked to go on it. A bit of research might make them look good in the boardroom.

SteM wrote: »
    Practically every season they're given a task where they have to run around London buying stuff and every season they seem to have a group of people that look bewildered every time the place is mentioned. You'd think people would study various areas of London when they're picked to go on it. A bit of research might make them look good in the boardroom.

Hubs said the same thing last night.

And would you not just get the easy-to-find stuff out of the away? Sarj's team lost because they didn't get two of the big ticket items. How many builder's providers must there be in London? And running around after a Spurs scarf? Go to a sporting god shop or any shop in the environs of the Spurs grounds, you numpties! Then you might have time to meet the Amstrad computer guy!

• Advertisement

_Dara_ wrote: »
    Hubs said the same thing last night.

And would you not just get the easy-to-find stuff out of the away? Sarj's team lost because they didn't get two of the big ticket items. How many builder's providers must there be in London? And running around after a Spurs scarf? Go to a sporting god shop or any shop in the environs of the Spurs grounds, you numpties! Then you might have time to meet the Amstrad computer guy!

Sorry, haven't read the thread. Yeah, they acted like they cracked the enigma code when they picked up a spurs scarf ffs.

Sorry, haven't read the thread.

No, hubs as in my husband. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

reap-a-rat wrote: »
    Maybe I take too simplistic a view of things but I just don't understand how you fail to get everything in the time on that task, no matter how big London is! Spending an hour at the start to pick two arbitrary teams and divvy the goods and make a plan that nobody has a notion of sticking to is actually ridiculous!

The scarf took the biscuit in my opinion - one team actually buying a second hand scarf from some guy in his house? You're in London ffs, you'll get a spurs scarf in a petrol station! Jesus!

I'd like to get a picture of the timeliness involved because they make it look like it takes them 6 hours to get 1 item and then 2 hours to get everything else, which I'm sure is not the case. It seems the real issue is that the candidates can't read a map and don't know how to use the yellow pages to their advantage. When they can't Google everything they don't know what to do.

In your world (and indeed my world) you'd pick up the scarf for £5 at a petrol station and it would take about 10 minutes. In the gameshow its much more complicated - if the person in the petrol station can't get permission from their boss to have 10 people inc a film crew do a 30 minute shoot then it doesn't happen.
    Ultimately the task is kind of nonsense - the most efficient way would be public transport and splitting the teams 4 ways but the rules don't allow it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

They should just go on adverts, be much more interesting of an episode.

In your world (and indeed my world) you'd pick up the scarf for £5 at a petrol station and it would take about 10 minutes. In the gameshow its much more complicated - if the person in the petrol station can't get permission from their boss to have 10 people inc a film crew do a 30 minute shoot then it doesn't happen.

But the other team went into a normal shop and bought one for £11.99, no negotiation was needed or shown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

But the other team went into a normal shop and bought one for £11.99, no negotiation was needed or shown.

A lot happens in the background for each shop scene, even if the scene itself is ultimately not shown - that's my understanding of the way it works anyway.
    What would be a 5 minute diversion for us turns into a time-consuming saga for the crew and candidates.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

_Dara_ wrote: »

There are always some fine print attached to the description of each item that we sometimes don't see. Plus, the teams have to negotiate on this task. They aren't allowed to simply pop into a store and buy the item for shelf price. I actually hadn't realised that rule existed myself until recently

dudara wrote: »
    There are always some fine print attached to the description of each item that we sometimes don't see. Plus, the teams have to negotiate on this task. They aren't allowed to simply pop into a store and buy the item for shelf price. I actually hadn't realised that rule existed myself until recently

Oh, I know. I did know that they have to negotiate. Been watching this show since 2006! But, like, for the scarf, ask for 1p off or something. Just get it bought. You'd get one for a tenner in many places and the 1p would qualify as a discount. They all paid way more than that. And I'd say you'd be able to negotiate prices at any builder's providers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

It’s been pointed out Chez Wyrn that whoever answers the phone in the morning, gets fired. Elizabeth has a strong chance of being fired as she’s PM.

Think 2 will go tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Harrison's insight was "ingenious"

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Is it me or do they all have mad glasses!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Birdsong wrote: »
    Is it me or do they all have mad glasses!

The producers love mad glasses, you see... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,446 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Charles should have gone. Sarah Jane wasn't that bad at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Yeah, Charles was a disaster. I thought he and Andrew would go. How can Alan work with Andrew after what he said about him?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Delighted Elizabeth won. I just love her but would never of paid 50 pounds for the tour.

• Advertisement

I'm glad Andrew was taken down a peg or two. He was soooo unprofessional in selling the tours and during the tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Has anyone noticed it's dark in the morning when they answer the phone that the cars will be there in thirty minutes.. .but it's broad daylight outside when they leave.

Yeah, Charles was a disaster. I thought he and Andrew would go. How can Alan work with Andrew after what he said about him?

I missed that - what did Andrew say about Alan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

everlast75 wrote:

Basically talks a good game but no substance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

everlast75 wrote: »

Sorry, wasnt clear there. It was what Sir Alan said about Andrew, as hitman said there. That he was so unprofessional he could never see himself workin with him.

Sorry, wasnt clear there. It was what Sir Alan said about Andrew, as hitman said there. That he was so unprofessional he could never see himself workin with him.

Ah okay - gotcha. Yep - seemed gratuitous too. He wasn't going to fire him there and then, so no need to stick the boot in and have the guy know he was on borrowed time and would be probably fired the next time Alan got a chance.

It actually makes the sacking of SJ even more unfair. Essentially Alan was saying to Andrew I could never work with you but sure SJ was even worse overall and should go before Andrew?*

*he did say he was basing his decision on past takes too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Sarah Jayne was solid but not the most charismatic and a bit forgettable. Unless the Business Plan is top notch, these types are generally eliminated earlier in the process

It was an ideal time to fire 2 or even 3 but I've little doubt Andrew and Charles are being held onto as the 'villains' for the controversial aspect

One of them may well get a redemption arc but I'd imagine one (probably Andrew) will make interviews and be knocked down a few pegs in spectacular fashion

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭al87987

Don't really get the fuss about Andrews antics, yes he was a bit laddish but I definitely saw the tour group smiling a bit and it was much preferable to Elizabeth's headmistress shtick.

Charles was poor. Sarah Jane was anonymous for 5 weeks and when given the shot to do something as PM she was fairly unadventurous with buying only 50 key-rings. That lost them the task not the tour. Even after the refunds they had more money taken than the Elizabeths team.

Quite noticeable how little anybody has excelled so far, blondie seemed like a good seller outside the stadium and thats about it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,509 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I'm surprised she even brought in Andrew, your one doing the tour was absolutley useless as was Charles. Alan must have a soft spot for Charles as it made no sense as to why he was kept on.

• Advertisement

siblers wrote: »
    I'm surprised she even brought in Andrew, your one doing the tour was absolutley useless as was Charles. Alan must have a soft spot for Charles as it made no sense as to why he was kept on.

Anissa was refreshingly honest - something in very short supply - and should have been given better support for a huge task she had little time to prepare for. No way should she have gone - especially as tour guiding isn’t a business skill.

Andrew was likely responsible for lot of the refunds with selling the trip as a piss up, he was dishonest to Sugar and co about how much he oversold the drinking element of the trip and he was so goddamn unprofessional throughout, treating it all as a bit of a joke and using phrases like “we’ll get you off your nut” to potential customers. Would you want to hand over 250k to him?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement