Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice UK 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

al87987 wrote: »
    Don't really get the fuss about Andrews antics, yes he was a bit laddish but I definitely saw the tour group smiling a bit and it was much preferable to Elizabeth's headmistress shtick.

Charles was poor. Sarah Jane was anonymous for 5 weeks and when given the shot to do something as PM she was fairly unadventurous with buying only 50 key-rings. That lost them the task not the tour. Even after the refunds they had more money taken than the Elizabeths team.

Quite noticeable how little anybody has excelled so far, blondie seemed like a good seller outside the stadium and thats about it really.

Sarah has been astute too, coming up with the idea to ask for commission with the chocolate shop. Elizabeth didn’t leave enough time for it to pay off but it was a good idea. Whoever came up with the souvenir-selling strategy for that team also done good. It won that team the task. And Elizabeth, for all her faults, allowed these things to happen on her watch. I’m sure other PMs would have shot those ideas down.

As for Andrew, laughing AT him, not WITH him, I should think. I can’t say I’d prefer his approach to over Elizabeth’s, both were terrible in their own special ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,446 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I think Charles should have been fired for perpetuating the stereotype that us males would walk for hours denying that they are lost rather than stop and ask for directions ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

amtc wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed it's dark in the morning when they answer the phone that the cars will be there in thirty minutes.. .but it's broad daylight outside when they leave.

... perhaps because the sun had risen by the time they leave the house? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

amtc wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed it's dark in the morning when they answer the phone that the cars will be there in thirty minutes.. .but it's broad daylight outside when they leave.

... perhaps because the sun had risen by the time they leave the house? :pac:

Indeed in summer its sunny by 6am

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Anyone watching tonight? Very cringe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭Harika

Birdsong wrote: »
    Anyone watching tonight? Very cringe

Yes that throwing under the bus moment was epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭QueenRizla

These have to be the worst group they've ever had on this show!

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

QueenRizla wrote: »

Roll on the week of the interviews

Well that was bizarre. Of that final four Sajan was the only one I *wouldn't* have fired. With so many left it was the perfect opportunity to get rid of some deadwood.

James was a no-brainer to me, he absolutely should have gone. Joanna should've went as well, not sure what she's contributed over the last seven tasks. I know Elizabeth is mental but she has at times been decent so I think there's possibly a method to the madness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Dafuq...is he planning on a quadruple elimination or something next week???

The shock and disappointment on everyone's face when Joanna got back to the house :D

Well that was bizarre. Of that final four Sajan was the only one I *wouldn't* have fired. With so many left it was the perfect opportunity to get rid of some deadwood.

James was a no-brainer to me, he absolutely should have gone. Joanna should've went as well, not sure what she's contributed over the last seven tasks. I know Elizabeth is mental but she has at times been decent so I think there's possibly a method to the madness.

When he brought back 4 I was sure it was triple elimination time.

The only one of the 4 with any sort of hope of making interviews based on performance is Elizabeth. It was set up perfectly for a culling.

QueenRizla wrote: »

Last year tbh

How did they not know what medieval meant though, and that they were going back in time? That was just really stupid.

Michaela seems to be the clear frontrunner so far, she'll be there till the end. Difficult to see who else has really stood out... we haven't seen too much of Jade but she seems to be simmering away nicely in the background. Perhaps she'll start coming to the fore soon?

I've a feeling about Harrison. Very hard-working and a bit rough around the edges like Joseph a couple of years ago and the type Sugar tends to have a liking for. Claude fairly praised him on you're fired last week

Think him and michaela are complete certainties for interviews, think one of Charles, Andrew, and Elizabeth will get there also, and then Jade and Sarah

Harika wrote: »
    Yes that throwing under the bus moment was epic.

What moment was that?

How did they not know what medieval meant though, and that they were going back in time? That was just really stupid.

Michaela seems to be the clear frontrunner so far, she'll be there till the end. Difficult to see who else has really stood out... we haven't seen too much of Jade but she seems to be simmering away nicely in the background. Perhaps she'll start coming to the fore soon?

I don’t think she is, she’s made a lot of mistakes. The standout for me is Sarah.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,368 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

_Dara_ wrote: »
    What moment was that?
    I presume when they asked how the digital signage and the tv advert tied in together and Elizabeth said something like "Bushra will answer this one"

fullstop wrote: »
    I presume when they asked how the digital signage and the tv advert tied in together and Elizabeth said something like "Bushra will answer this one"

https://twitter.com/bbcapprentice/status/930911197691547648

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

"My life

My choices

Miami"

See, it's not difficult!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Sarjan coming across as incredibly camp.on the your fired show

Yep, I got a bit of a gay vibe too.

fullstop wrote: »

Ha, oh yeah. :pac:

The fuck was with them all being piled on top of each other in the bathtub? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

Sounds like the doggie grooming challenge will be a good laugh.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

This week I got the feeling that Michaela is not as interested in being there as she has been up to now, she seemed a bit more subdued than normal.

I was 100% expecting more than one person to be fired, I'm shocked that Joanna survived that. To me she seems to be the opposite of a team player. She basically says "This is my idea, this is what we are doing" and will listen to nobody after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

miamee wrote: »
    This week I got the feeling that Michaela is not as interested in being there as she has been up to now, she seemed a bit more subdued than normal.

I was 100% expecting more than one person to be fired, I'm shocked that Joanna survived that. To me she seems to be the opposite of a team player. She basically says "This is my idea, this is what we are doing" and will listen to nobody after that.

I agree re: Joanna. Her go-to phrase is "I'm not being argumentative". If you have to say that as often as she does you might want to look inwards and see why people keep accusing you of being argumentative...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,509 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I imagine it will be between Michaela, Sarah and Jade for the final two. I think everyone else is there as filler for the time being.

I was convinced Elizabeth would be part of the double firing alongside Joanna, I thought her bull in the china shop attitude would have been too extreme for Alan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

Sarah stands out a mile as being the most competent.
    Michaela and Jade aren't great but are possibly the best of the rest.
    Bushra is probably the next in line but she's not very impressive.
    Charles and Joanna seem to be too argumentative with the others, so neither would make a good business partner.
    Anisa and James don't seem to offer anything.
    Andrew, Elizabeth, Harrison, seem to be there just for the comedy/drama value for the ratings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,962 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Bushra for me is on borrowed time at this stage. She's been utterly unspectacular and loves to pass the buck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement