Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Trainee February 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DixieMufc

Long time observer, first time poster! At long last Im heading for templemore in January! Just wondering does anyone know if HRM confirm that they have received your acceptance email? Thanks in advance! And congrats to all who got offers! ðŸ˜႒ðŸ˜႒ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Macs85

DixieMufc wrote: »
    Long time observer, first time poster! At long last Im heading for templemore in January! Just wondering does anyone know if HRM confirm that they have received your acceptance email? Thanks in advance! And congrats to all who got offers! ðŸ˜႒ðŸ˜႒ðŸ˜႒

Yeah i got an email back when i accepted

• Registered Users Posts: 31 iCiaranS

Toronto17 wrote: »
    Congrats to everyone who received their offers can someone add me to WhatsApp group please thanks

Shoot me a DM bud :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SV214

I'm in!

SV214 wrote: »
    I'm in!

I can set up a WhatsApp group for anyone joining in January if you want. PM name and number and I will add ye all.

Ones already up buddy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Briangall1991

I’m in! Absolutely delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭damob1995

Also got a late email I'm in

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rua92

Also a long time observer first time poster.. I'm in! Can someone hit me up with WhatsApp groups please! Congrats to everyone that got a date! For people who haven't hang in there it'll come eventually!

Rua92 wrote: »
    Also a long time observer first time poster.. I'm in! Can someone hit me up with WhatsApp groups please! Congrats to everyone that got a date! For people who haven't hang in there it'll come eventually!

DM :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 kingleo

I am in. Absolutely delighted.. Is there a whatsapp group created?

• Advertisement

kingleo wrote: »

Aye, DM :)

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

Keeper34 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I recieved an offer for Jan 2018......and I don't know what I'm going to do. My wife was due our first child last week (hasn't arrived yet!) I really don't want to be leaving a new mother and 3/4 week old baby behind for 5 or 6 months but I'm also nervous about deferring as I'm 35 so this is my last chance. How do Garda HRM deal with or react to this kind of situation?

It's in the small print if you defer there's no guarantee of another offer.
    Thanks.

Ring HRM and explain the situation they're a nice bunch of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

Best of luck to everyone who received offers for the February intake....for the rest of us I started a new thread for April 2018. Patience comes to mind :)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057821625

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Limerick1937

Keeper34 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I recieved an offer for Jan 2018......and I don't know what I'm going to do. My wife was due our first child last week (hasn't arrived yet!) I really don't want to be leaving a new mother and 3/4 week old baby behind for 5 or 6 months but I'm also nervous about deferring as I'm 35 so this is my last chance. How do Garda HRM deal with or react to this kind of situation?

It's in the small print if you defer there's no guarantee of another offer.
    Thanks.

In a very similar situation myself, mid 30's with baby on the way in March. Will be ringing HR later, let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭JC43

In a very similar situation myself, mid 30's with baby on the way in March. Will be ringing HR later, let us know how you get on.

Keeper - I've been thinking of your situation overnight- here's thoughts - has the baby's mother any support besides you. For the first couple of months babies just eat and sleep. I think you would miss more in the baby life when it's a bit older. He:she will sleep less move more so be more trouble and really take notice of things. I think you should get it over and done with. You too limerick . There's plenty of families where one partner is away. TAke advantage of the special allowances you will be given.

JC43 wrote: »
    Keeper - I've been thinking of your situation overnight- here's thoughts - has the baby's mother any support besides you. For the first couple of months babies just eat and sleep. I think you would miss more in the baby life when it's a bit older. He:she will sleep less move more so be more trouble and really take notice of things. I think you should get it over and done with. You too limerick . There's plenty of families where one partner is away. TAke advantage of the special allowances you will be given.

I seem harsh but what these babies need is security of a permanent Garda job. It's too risky

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Lmarie2016

iCiaranS wrote: »
    kingleo wrote: »

Ciaran it still won't work for me haha.. can you try message me please. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 DuffsC

Is that all offers out now for Feb intake?

Is that all offers out now for Feb intake?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 kingleo

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Rosielass

Have second round offers for feb come out, are you all in for induction week 22nd of jan or are some of you induction week two??

Rosielass wrote: »
    Have second round offers for feb come out, are you all in for induction week 22nd of jan or are some of you induction week two??

I wonder were the late emails last night the 2nd round. i was shocked as i have a high enough oom. I'm induction 22nd and start 29th.

At the end of the day do oom count or is how quick the vetting comes back

JC43 wrote: »
    I wonder were the late emails last night the 2nd round. i was shocked as i have a high enough oom. I'm induction 22nd and start 29th.

At the end of the day do oom count or is how quick the vetting comes back

Strictly down to oom the woman in Hr told me, can I ask what oom are you, shed some light for me :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bulges

Hi..im starting on jan 15th. (Still cant believe it) OOM 500ish sept.2017. Just wondering if anyone got their information pack once they accepted? asking as they sent me reply to say they acknowledge my acceptence but got no more info attached or stated in the email about attending on the 15th as they said they'd send an information pack after confirmation that i will attend in invite

Bulges wrote: »
    Hi..im starting on jan 15th. (Still cant believe it) OOM 500ish sept.2017. Just wondering if anyone got their information pack once they accepted? asking as they sent me reply to say they acknowledge my acceptence but got no more info attached or stated in the email about attending on the 15th as they said they'd send an information pack after confirmation that i will attend

Pretty sure info packs are sent by post :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭SinWin

Congrats to everyone who made it!!! Tall Glass did you make it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 AF2017

Congrats to everyone who made it .. looks like the waiting game continues for me ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2 EllenBarry

DM :)

Can someone add me into the whats app groups please?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Dannycinkerry

Got in, sept 16 campaign. Delighted aint the word. Long old wait but worth it. Keep the heads up if ye didnt get in this time lads, itll come for ye too.

Got in, sept 16 campaign. Delighted aint the word. Long old wait but worth it. Keep the heads up if ye didnt get in this time lads, itll come for ye too.

When did you get your offer? Just wondering are the offers still going out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Dannycinkerry

Last night around midnight when i got the email.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭mutter_man

Thats a late one for HRM. They hey a lot of pressure and in spite of it are always friendly and polite. Well done anyone who has an offer now gear up and get ready for the big day.

Post Tenebris Lux

Oh and happy Christmas :D

Mutter Nutter

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭RedDragon386

Congrats everyone on getting through . Have everything done since sept 2016 and no word. Haven't rang them. What do I say when I call to check what my story is?

Is that all offers out now does anyone know??

• Registered Users Posts: 4 stephen13

Congrats to everyone i have an oom of 750 rang about a month ago and all vetting was cleared was just wondering those who got offers how far up is the oom number now

DuffsC wrote: »
    Is that all offers out now does anyone know??

I'd say they are by now and it looks like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Shaughnessy00

Starting 22nd of January. September 2016 campaign. Honestly the longest year or so of my life to date. Looking forward to meeting some of you!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭ALTHEPAL

Starting 22nd of January. September 2016 campaign. Honestly the longest year or so of my life to date. Looking forward to meeting some of you!

Can I ask what your oom was roughly?
    Thanks just trying to gauge where they are at now

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Shaughnessy00

High 600's if I'm not mistaken. I'l have a look later and get the actual number.

Anyone else looking fo get into the WhatsApp group for Jan/Feb just throw me a DM, notifications off for the forum now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 KK_Red Devil

Congrats to all who got good news. To everyone still waiting, hang in there. I know its tough but its going to happen just keep believing.

Any idea when we'll receive the information pack?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Keeper34

Thanks all for the previous input. I called HRM and they said reply to the email I got outlining why I wish to defer. I should hopefully hear tomorrow though I made sure to make it clear I didn't want to lose my place.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

Just after getting an offer delighted look forward to seeing yee all down there guys. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭AniaSz

Just after getting an offer delighted look forward to seeing yee all down there guys. :)

What is your oom number?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 DublinGuy84

Got an offer this morning. Delighted and shocked at the same time!

Just got a mail an hour ago! I’m absolutely stunned, can someone help me out though, in the subject line it’s say Monday 22nd of January but in the body of the mail it says Monday the 15th? Have any of you had the same issue?

Just got a mail an hour ago! I’m absolutely stunned, can someone help me out though, in the subject line it’s say Monday 22nd of January but in the body of the mail it says Monday the 15th? Have any of you had the same issue?

Id call cause there are 2 induction weeks so tell them you have been given two dates. Once thet give it over the phone maybe get them to email you the correct one just in case

Macs85 wrote: »
    Id call cause there are 2 induction weeks so tell them you have been given two dates. Once thet give it over the phone maybe get them to email you the correct one just in case

Tried calling but I spose der finished for Xmas now, I can’t give much notice at work now either, so stunned, my oom was mid 800s so I had myself prepared for April instead

• Registered Users Posts: 35 NeeNawNeeNaw

Congratulations to everyone who got in, for those of you still waiting like myself, your time will come.
    Friend of mine was among the offers given last week but they were still in college and were planning to defer. However Garda HQ told them that they couldn't for this reason. Just thought I'd let ye know in case anyone else might be in the same situation for future offers, it might not be an option for current college students.
    Best of luck in templemore everyone!

• Advertisement

Tried calling but I spose der finished for Xmas now, I can’t give much notice at work now either, so stunned, my oom was mid 800s so I had myself prepared for April instead

Prepare for both days def a typo anyways. I start on the 15th myself congrats looking forward to meeting you either way 😀

Advertisement