Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Trainee February 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 brandon12345

Lauranolan wrote: »
    Got my interview results in October just seems to be taking ages, I'm in the 90's! Least I'm not the only one! Was starting to worry been waiting ages for a chance at this!

Seems we're in the same boat. Yeah it's unnerving not to hear anything when we've been more or less getting regular emails all along.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

Best of luck to people who will receive offers tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jumpstart99

Are all offers out tomorrow or will some people recieve them next week also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Best of luck to people who will receive offers tomorrow :)

How come you think it will be tomorrow?

Bit mad to think, all your hopes, dreams and future career are in an email!

I feel a bit like this guy, waiting, wondering if it will ever happen...

kermit-window.jpg

Are all offers out tomorrow or will some people recieve them next week also?

Based on this time last year. The first round offers should be out tomorrow and the second round should be out the 22nd. So we will have to wait and see.

• Advertisement

TallGlass wrote: »
    How come you think it will be tomorrow?

Bit mad to think, all your hopes, dreams and future career are in an email!

I feel a bit like this guy, waiting, wondering if it will ever happen...

kermit-window.jpg

Based on this time last year. The first round offers should be out tomorrow and the second round should be out the 22nd. So we will have to wait and see.

I feel your pain especially from the PMs.

Best of luck you deserve it buddy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Chrisbellew

Several missed intakes later and this has been the longest week of my life haha Best of luck to everyone tomorrow! (provided itis tomorrow:P)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 AF2017

Just wondering if you were still waiting be signed off on mon would they be any hope in getting offer tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Limerick1937

As long as there is no 'Generally Unsuitable' letters received we are all in with a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Sjh191

2 years on and 6 months waiting on vetting....
    If I check my email anymore I think my phone might blow up....

Praying to whatever there is that I get this email tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭AiB123

50s OOM from Sep 16 campaign. The nerves for tomorrow are something else.
    Best of luck to everyone. Hopefully good news for us.

AF2017 wrote: »
    Just wondering if you were still waiting be signed off on mon would they be any hope in getting offer tomorrow?

You never know. Keep checking the emails I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭sticky hurling

i keep getting mixed up with this signed off business have any of you actually been told that your signed off ?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭mutter_man

Best of luck everybody. To those who don't the time will come. And to those waiting the longest you couldn't help but be impressed by the patience shown.

Post tenebris lux

Mutter Nutter

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭mutter_man

i keep getting mixed up with this signed off business have any of you actually been told that your signed off ?

I haven't checked, I adopted a hands off approach for a good long time now. Its certainly helped me, bit not always easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭sticky hurling

i would be of the opinion that senior management sign you off when they are going to offer you a spot but im open to correction

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Eoin2486

i would be of the opinion that senior management sign you off when they are going to offer you a spot but im open to correction

Agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 24 TriggerD

Best of luck to everyone. Heres hoping 23 months from when my application started does not extend to a 24th

Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 12 kingleo

Thats what i think too

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jumpa2

Anyone know what time offers were out last year? Nerves are getting to me now 😅

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Queevz33

Jumpa2 wrote: »
    Anyone know what time offers were out last year? Nerves are getting to me now 😅

Had a look at last years thread and first person who got an offer posted at 14.15

• Registered Users Posts: 12 kingleo

Good morning all. I dont know whether we are getting the offers today. But if we are... Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bulges

Garda reserve of 5 years from sept 2016 campaign. passed fitness in October (repeated). I quit my job to go to fitness retest as my boss at the time wouldn't give me the day off to go.. fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Sjh191

This waiting is taking over my life!

I just wanna be put out of my misery at this stage ...
    Sounds dramatic but it’s been such a long process.... saying that, patience is something you have to have a lot of once your in the force so I guess this is good practice! Every cloud!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Macs85

I feel your pain sep 2016 and even just so.e comminucation would be great or even when to not expect anything. My nerves are shot waiting on an email i might not get 😂 anyways i dont mind waiting its the not knowing that kills... think iv checked this like 10 times today already 🙈 good luck guys i feel your pain

• Registered Users Posts: 6 caprisun22

I think ye all need to relax that offers wont be out until Wednesday (I could be wrong).

caprisun22 wrote: »
    I think ye all need to relax that offers wont be out until Wednesday (I could be wrong).

Then again they could be out today so you could be wrong ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Rosielass

Wat feedback have you guys got from HRM, has anyone ever been told that their file has been signed off?? Wat oom are people, offers are def due out this week so I hear but lik everyone else no1 knows anything for definite

• Registered Users Posts: 6 caprisun22

Macs85 wrote: »
    Then again they could be out today so you could be wrong ?

That is the reason I said "I could be wrong"

Either way whatever day they come out people still have to wait another month or so until it all begins..

• Advertisement

caprisun22 wrote: »
    That is the reason I said "I could be wrong"

Either way whatever day they come out people still have to wait another month or so until it all begins..

I know but telling people to relax is a tad annoying anyways lets all hope details are put out soon and if your in the mix best of luck

Advertisement