Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Trainee February 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Macs85 wrote: »
    Jesus are you not signed off yet? Id love to ring to see if i am thats all im waiting on but i dont want to piss them off by calling ��

For my own sanity I have stopped getting in touch with them. There's nothing that they can do. Last time I checked my vetting was outstanding still.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Macs85

TallGlass wrote: »
    For my own sanity I have stopped getting in touch with them. There's nothing that they can do. Last time I checked my vetting was outstanding still.

I really feel for you and of all people i hope you get an early xmas present. I was surprised mine was back so fast i lived away and have alot of family members living away also. I think i would have done the same as you to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 8 PabloEstevez

I’m from Sept 16, oom of mid 500s. Pct and everything done since July. Just rang and vetting still not done. So frustrating

I called last week i wasnt signed off. I couldnt handle it so called again and im signed off so waiting game. I asked when offers were out and he's very vague either doesnt want to tell me or just doesnt know :( but hapoy im signed off oom of mid 500's

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Mr.cool212

I called last week i wasnt signed off. I couldnt handle it so called again and im signed off so waiting game. I asked when offers were out and he's very vague either doesnt want to tell me or just doesnt know :( but hapoy im signed off oom of mid 500's

Same as myself thank god! Hope my oom reaches in now. Good luck !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭SO7378

TallGlass wrote: »
    People place to much weight on order of merit, I wouldn't worry about it too be honest. I am waiting 2 years at this stage, plenty of people have interviewed and applied after me and have long passed out at this stage. OOM to me means absolutely nothing, so I wouldn't get hung up on it.

The main thing to go on is if your signed off, if you are then expect an offer.

Cheers mate

• Registered Users Posts: 36 DublinGuy84

Anything at all lads?
    Checking emails every 5 minutes 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Frankgalvin

Anything at all lads?

Are offers out today?

Anything at all lads?

Nope nothing so far :( think its a bit late for offers to come out today?

Are offers out today?

Who knows?!

• Advertisement

Nope nothing so far :( think its a bit late for offers to come out today?

Maybe!
    Sure whats another day...

Maybe!
    Sure whats another day...

I did ring today and they guy wasnt really sure when said a couple of weeks which doesnt make sense and im signed off when i checked last week i wasnt so fingers crossed this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I think it will be after Christmas, start of January to be honest.

I did ring today and they guy wasnt really sure when said a couple of weeks which doesnt make sense and im signed off when i checked last week i wasnt so fingers crossed this week.

To be honest alot of conflicting information.
    They dont seem to know much when asked or else they've been told not to tell anyone when offers are out.
    All we can do is sit tight and wait!

To be honest alot of conflicting information.
    They dont seem to know much when asked or else they've been told not to tell anyone when offers are out.
    All we can do is sit tight and wait!

Yeah even with start dates etc but we are going off last year so we arent even 100% on ehats happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jimmibar

Yeah even with start dates etc but we are going off last year so we arent even 100% on ehats happening.

So people are thinking offers won't be out till after Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

Jimmibar wrote: »
    So people are thinking offers won't be out till after Christmas

That would leave people with very little notice before starting induction week I would think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Chrisbellew

Reading the forums from a few years ago the offers for this intake came as late as the 22nd of December, so im 110% sure that they'll be out sometime this week to give at least a month notice for people that have to give notice to work

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ada89

Finally bit the bullet after months of living in the dark and rang to ask for an update.
    Only to be told still vetting outstanding
    I asked the lady if it was due to me being from the north and she said “No when did you meet super?” To which I replied July
    “Oh July... we still haven’t received that from the Super. We’ll chase that up now”

The wait continues for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Ada89 wrote: »
    Finally bit the bullet after months of living in the dark and rang to ask for an update.
    Only to be told still vetting outstanding
    I asked the lady if it was due to me being from the north and she said “No when did you meet super?” To which I replied July
    “Oh July... we still haven’t received that from the Super. We’ll chase that up now”

The wait continues for me

Super from which station ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 CAJJ

D Trent wrote: »
    Super from which station ?

Better off not going into too much detail on a public forum. Private message if the answer is vital information

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ada89

One of the border counties anyway lol. Have you the same problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 KK_Red Devil

Just got a phonecall tonight from my local station regarding my vetting. 2 names came up on the vetting and they wanted to know what dealings I had with these relatives. One of them I’m not even sure if we’re related and I’ve never spoken to this person in my life! The other is a 3rd cousin and haven’t seen him in years and never has been in trouble to my knowledge. I asked whether I should be worried about this and I was told that I should be ok. Thoughts on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Keeper34

They want to know if there are any people involved in your life who would negatively influence you if/when you become a Garda. If you've never actually met the first cousin (that you're not even sure you're related to??) and haven't seen the other in years they couldn't consider them to have any influence on you negative or otherwise so I wouldn't worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Keeper34

They want to know if there are any people involved in your life who would negatively influence you if/when you become a Garda. If you've never actually met the first cousin (that you're not even sure you're related to??) and haven't seen the other in years they couldn't consider them to have any influence on you negative or otherwise so I wouldn't worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lb19921

Any word today? I'm living in England for work so I have been in touch with the office quite a bit. They told me that offers go out 4 to 5 weeks before but due to the fact I live outside the country they said to get back in touch mid December as they won't know themselves til then but they would let me know. I got in touch again 2 weeks ago just chancing my arm and they said offers will be out in 5 to 10 days by email ( that would have been Mon to Fri last week) when I heard nothing again I emailed Monday and have yet to receive a response. Very frustrating as I need to give notice for work and obviously move back home so hopefully they are out sooner rather than later

lb19921 wrote: »
    Any word today? I'm living in England for work so I have been in touch with the office quite a bit. They told me that offers go out 4 to 5 weeks before but due to the fact I live outside the country they said to get back in touch mid December as they won't know themselves til then but they would let me know. I got in touch again 2 weeks ago just chancing my arm and they said offers will be out in 5 to 10 days by email ( that would have been Mon to Fri last week) when I heard nothing again I emailed Monday and have yet to receive a response. Very frustrating as I need to give notice for work and obviously move back home so hopefully they are out sooner rather than later

Nothing so far i called yesterday i was deffo signed off this week. Because i rang last no day and i wasnt signed off. I then asked when offers are out and he said "in a couple of weeks" sounded like he didnt know or didnt want to tell me. Hope you find out soon enough moving is a nightmare let alone from the UK. Keep us posted if you get a reply

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Rosielass

I rang yesterday and my file hadn’t been signed off, rang again this mrnin an it has been signed off, the lady said offers are out hopefully the end of this week & now strictly down to oom, best of luck all, my belly just did a 360’ flip!!!

Rosielass wrote: »
    I rang yesterday and my file hadn’t been signed off, rang again this mrnin an it has been signed off, the lady said offers are out hopefully the end of this week & now strictly down to oom, best of luck all, my belly just did a 360’ flip!!!

Least we know that they are still signing files off i wont be stuck to my phone today so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Rosielass

Least we know that they are still signing files off i wont be stuck to my phone today so

End of week all going well, I have a feeling myself tho my oom won’t be the next intake, but it’s a relief the whole file is signed now, just sit back an wait

Advertisement