Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Trainee February 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Lmarie2016

iCiaranS wrote: »
    Lmarie2016 wrote: »
    Yeah iciaranS if you don't mind :)

No bother, one chat coming up, anyone set for Templemore this Jan/Feb give me a shout in DMs and I’ll throw you in the chat!
    Yeah iciaranS if you don't mind :)

No bother, one chat coming up, anyone set for Templemore this Jan/Feb give me a shout in DMs and I’ll throw you in the chat!

can you please DM for some reason on my phone it won't let me message anyone they need to message me first :(

• Registered Users Posts: 31 iCiaranS

can you please DM for some reason on my phone it won't let me message anyone they need to message me first :(

Seems you have private messaging turned off, go through your settings and try again :)

Seems you have private messaging turned off, go through your settings and try again :)

Ha ha give it a go now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Nikkipapa

I'm from the September 2016 campaign. When I had a meeting with my local station, I was told HR try to have 220 files signed off for an intake, the 20 extra cover deferrals. I see a good few people saying their file has been signed off in a matter of days so it looks like HR have put the pressure on to reach the required numbers. I still have vetting outstanding so I'm hoping for April at this stage. Congrats to all who received offers today and for all those who are cleared, I hope ye receive good news before the end of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Keeper34

Hi all,

I recieved an offer for Jan 2018......and I don't know what I'm going to do. My wife was due our first child last week (hasn't arrived yet!) I really don't want to be leaving a new mother and 3/4 week old baby behind for 5 or 6 months but I'm also nervous about deferring as I'm 35 so this is my last chance. How do Garda HRM deal with or react to this kind of situation?

It's in the small print if you defer there's no guarantee of another offer.
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭JC43

Keeper34 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I recieved an offer for Jan 2018......and I don't know what I'm going to do. My wife was due our first child last week (hasn't arrived yet!) I really don't want to be leaving a new mother and 3/4 week old baby behind for 5 or 6 months but I'm also nervous about deferring as I'm 35 so this is my last chance. How do Garda HRM deal with or react to this kind of situation?

Thanks.

That's a hard one. You don't want it lose it either. Would they make allowances to come up Monday mornings and go home mid week for a night. I'm sure this has happened before. The days are starting to get longer for travelling in Feb

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Keeper34

As far as I know they do make allowances like that. I just want to know can I defer until the intake after?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Macs85

As far as I know they do make allowances like that. I just want to know can I defer until the intake after?

I spoke ro someone on my fitness test on the same day about this so i assume its the same person :) but really have a think personally i would like to get in and out asap (is there ever a right time) pretty sure you will get special allowence coming in on monday and not sunday etc

Im gonna send you my number can you add my to thr whatsapp :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Toronto17

Congrats to everyone who received their offers can someone add me to WhatsApp group please thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 DixieMufc

Long time observer, first time poster! At long last Im heading for templemore in January! Just wondering does anyone know if HRM confirm that they have received your acceptance email? Thanks in advance! And congrats to all who got offers! ðŸ˜႒ðŸ˜႒ðŸ˜႒

DixieMufc wrote: »
    Long time observer, first time poster! At long last Im heading for templemore in January! Just wondering does anyone know if HRM confirm that they have received your acceptance email? Thanks in advance! And congrats to all who got offers! ðŸ˜႒ðŸ˜႒ðŸ˜႒

Yeah i got an email back when i accepted

Toronto17 wrote: »
    Congrats to everyone who received their offers can someone add me to WhatsApp group please thanks

Shoot me a DM bud :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SV214

I'm in!

SV214 wrote: »
    I'm in!

I can set up a WhatsApp group for anyone joining in January if you want. PM name and number and I will add ye all.

Ones already up buddy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Briangall1991

I’m in! Absolutely delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭damob1995

Also got a late email I'm in

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rua92

Also a long time observer first time poster.. I'm in! Can someone hit me up with WhatsApp groups please! Congrats to everyone that got a date! For people who haven't hang in there it'll come eventually!

Rua92 wrote: »
    Also a long time observer first time poster.. I'm in! Can someone hit me up with WhatsApp groups please! Congrats to everyone that got a date! For people who haven't hang in there it'll come eventually!

DM :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 kingleo

I am in. Absolutely delighted.. Is there a whatsapp group created?

• Advertisement

kingleo wrote: »

Aye, DM :)

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

Hi all,

Thanks.

Ring HRM and explain the situation they're a nice bunch of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

Best of luck to everyone who received offers for the February intake....for the rest of us I started a new thread for April 2018. Patience comes to mind :)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057821625

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Limerick1937

Hi all,

Thanks.

In a very similar situation myself, mid 30's with baby on the way in March. Will be ringing HR later, let us know how you get on.

In a very similar situation myself, mid 30's with baby on the way in March. Will be ringing HR later, let us know how you get on.

Keeper - I've been thinking of your situation overnight- here's thoughts - has the baby's mother any support besides you. For the first couple of months babies just eat and sleep. I think you would miss more in the baby life when it's a bit older. He:she will sleep less move more so be more trouble and really take notice of things. I think you should get it over and done with. You too limerick . There's plenty of families where one partner is away. TAke advantage of the special allowances you will be given.

JC43 wrote: »
    Keeper - I've been thinking of your situation overnight- here's thoughts - has the baby's mother any support besides you. For the first couple of months babies just eat and sleep. I think you would miss more in the baby life when it's a bit older. He:she will sleep less move more so be more trouble and really take notice of things. I think you should get it over and done with. You too limerick . There's plenty of families where one partner is away. TAke advantage of the special allowances you will be given.

I seem harsh but what these babies need is security of a permanent Garda job. It's too risky

kingleo wrote: »

Ciaran it still won't work for me haha.. can you try message me please. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 DuffsC

Is that all offers out now for Feb intake?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 DuffsC

Is that all offers out now for Feb intake?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 kingleo

Pm sent

Advertisement