Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Trainee February 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 NeeNawNeeNaw

JC43 wrote: »
    what campaign ?

September 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭ALTHEPAL

Hey I'm June 17 just got my interview results and through to next stage. Does anyone know roughly when the PCT could take place? I also have the Irish to sit but rang yesterday they have no idea when that might take place. Does the vetting not start in till all stages are passed?
    Thanks in advance 😀

Good to hear you passed the interview, Next stage for you will be your Irish exam. After that your medical and then physical, vetting only starts once you pass the Irish exam. I hope this helps you.

Oom in the early 400's, just got a date for my PCT at the start of November. February 2018 is looking like a real possibility!

What date is it in November lad , I'm waiting myself and still nothing ! Have you the medical done long ?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭deiseman17

Just a quick question, does everyone have to do the Irish exam or does it depend on leaving certificate results?

deiseman17 wrote: »
    Just a quick question, does everyone have to do the Irish exam or does it depend on leaving certificate results?

You have to have two languages, so if you have English/Irish, English/Spanish,English/French etc your good.
    If it's the leaving certificate it has to be at ordinary level too. Hope this answers your question

• Advertisement

ALTHEPAL wrote: »
    You have to have two languages, so if you have English/Irish, English/Spanish,English/French etc your good.
    If it's the leaving certificate it has to be at ordinary level too. Hope this answers your question

Thanks for that, I got a B1 in Ordinary for the leaving cert would that be okay do you think? thanks again

Thanks for that, I got a B1 in Ordinary for the leaving cert would that be okay do you think? thanks again

That's perfect lad

Nice one, sound lad

Nice one, sound lad

No worries

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭kerryman85

Might sound like a silly question but how do they contact you for the medical? Is it email or phone? So I know which one to look out for.
    Thanks!

• Advertisement

kerryman85 wrote: »
    Might sound like a silly question but how do they contact you for the medical? Is it email or phone? So I know which one to look out for.
    Thanks!

It's all by email as far as I'm aware, Well it was for me. Hope this helps you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

Anyone got an idea of the kind of numbers waiting for the Feb intake

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭kerryman85

ALTHEPAL wrote: »
    It's all by email as far as I'm aware, Well it was for me. Hope this helps you

Great thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Bid17

mrDerek wrote: »
    Anyone got an idea of the kind of numbers waiting for the Feb intake

I'm late 700s and everything done over a month now. .fingers crossed for February :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Butters97

Has anyone rang HRM recently and asked when the next batch of files will be signed off? Or has anyone been signed off in the last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Butters97

Bid17 wrote: »
    I'm late 700s and everything done over a month now. .fingers crossed for February :)

Are you signed off?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Crombiiiie991

January 16 here and still waiting...

• Registered Users Posts: 23 arc2017

Oom in early 600s, September 2016 campaign. Emailed HRM yesterday and they said my file is sent to senior management to be signed off. I have everything complete since June.

Was really hoping for November, but obviously won't happen now. At this stage, I'm not really confident about February either the way things are going!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

It's been a long road for you. Hopefully February start for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭SinWin

Ah I’m the same! Everything done and dusted! It’s kills the joy all this hanging around and not know what and when it’s going to happen!

If you pass everything is it 100% you gonna get offered the place?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 TriggerD

Same boat lad, it's been a choppy aul voyage so far. :D

TriggerD wrote: »

Have you been in touch with HR? Do they tell you info how far your application is gone and possible dates to next intake?

Waiting nearly 2 years it’s bit mad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

out of curiosity have you lads waiting ages lived abroad in australia or have loads of relatives abroad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

SinWin wrote: »
    Ah I’m the same! Everything done and dusted! It’s kills the joy all this hanging around and not know what and when it’s going to happen!

If you pass everything is it 100% you gonna get offered the place?

No. Your not at all. You can still not be suitable even worse than that is the panel been scrapped.

I take it your vetting is what is causing the delay?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Mowley

TallGlass wrote: »
    No. Your not at all. You can still not be suitable even worse than that is the panel been scrapped.

God are you serious??

So those who waiting since Jan 2016 maybe doesn’t have a hope and they’ve been scrapped out?!
    They should have the courtesy to tell people 😡

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Only logical reason I can think of at this stage to be honest with you, someone along the way didn't like me and application is left by the waste side. I don't believe it takes 1 year to vet someone. Or someone figured out my account on here and actually takes half the stuff I post here seriously. :pac:

Advertisement