Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Trainee February 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Weejohnny

DeHorse88 wrote: »
    From the June 17 intake do many have a chance of getting in 2018 at all??

Yes, but probably not until November, maybe a few in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭kerryman85

Where I understand it's a long process, it's not unrealistic for the people with high OOM's and cleared vetting to be going in to Templemore in the May intake. Don't get me wrong, it's takes longer for some candidates but equally some people fly through the process for whatever reason. It wouldn't make sense to not take in some of the highest available and cleared OOM candidates from the 2017 campaign. They are the highest performing candidates after all. This craic of people saying oh it'll be 2019 before ANY of the 2017 candidates will get called is very demotivating for people and there is no information that I've seen to back it up.
    Is it a long process, YES! But every candidate will have a different application process. Some will go very quick, some will go very slow. It's just a matter of riding the storm and not listen to some of the bullsh!t noise that's on here! I wish everyone the best of luck and looking forward to the day I eventually walk in to Templemore.
    Rant over..........

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Weejohnny

DeHorse88 wrote: »
    From the June 17 intake do many have a chance of getting in 2018 at all??

Yes, but probably not until November, maybe a few in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Sam4thehills

TallGlass wrote: »
    Only logical reason I can think of at this stage to be honest with you, someone along the way didn't like me and application is left by the waste side. I don't believe it takes 1 year to vet someone. Or someone figured out my account on here and actually takes half the stuff I post here seriously. :pac:
    Why would people be ringing PAS?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Isiheather00

Hey I'm in the late teens OOM from the June 17 campaign. By any chance does any of the others in the campaign or the last waiting to sit an Irish exam. I'm waiting to sit this as well as my PCT and medical. Do these tests normally take long before being contacted?

Also I've a small on going back problem but it doesn't impact me much will I need letters from doctor and physio for the medical? Just I'd rather have everything ready than have ages to wait after.

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Why would people be ringing PAS?

I'm not to sure of your question? If your looking for updates on vetting it's isn't PAS that you'd be ringing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ericoc44

Hi was just wondering if anyone around knew what time I'd be starting in templemore if I passed the medical. I passed my interview about three weeks ago would it be next year around march id be going there ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

Ericoc44 wrote: »
    Hi was just wondering if anyone around knew what time I'd be starting in templemore if I passed the medical. I passed my interview about three weeks ago would it be next year around march id be going there ?

Think youl get a load of September 16s saying no chance I'd like to think there is hope for the June 17 gang to get in on the early 2018 but I wouldn't hold my breath unfortunately.
    I think may August ish is our most likely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Has anyone got confirmation on intakes for next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭mutter_man

Typical set up is for vetting to only start one your cleared medically and have been offered a date for your pct. If that happens quick slim chance at best. Id say settle in for the long haul and be happy and pleasantly surprised if your one of the lucky ones it goes quick for.

TallGlass wrote: »
    Has anyone got confirmation on intakes for next year?

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/budget-2018-extra-800-garda%25C3%25AD-will-bring-force-strength-to-14-000-1.3251027%3Fmode%3Damp&ved=0ahUKEwjE9MuHzIHXAhWLWhoKHZGNCm4QFghyMAk&usg=AOvVaw1q1twjve5dqtCdNw4rMXBs&ampcf=1

Best so far that I know of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭damob1995

anyone recently get an update on there file?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 NeeNawNeeNaw

mutter_man wrote: »
    Typical set up is for vetting to only start one your cleared medically and have been offered a date for your pct. If that happens quick slim chance at best. Id say settle in for the long haul and be happy and pleasantly surprised if your one of the lucky ones it goes quick for.

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/budget-2018-extra-800-garda%25C3%25AD-will-bring-force-strength-to-14-000-1.3251027%3Fmode%3Damp&ved=0ahUKEwjE9MuHzIHXAhWLWhoKHZGNCm4QFghyMAk&usg=AOvVaw1q1twjve5dqtCdNw4rMXBs&ampcf=1

Best so far that I know of.

So the vetting process actually begins before you do the PCT?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭twoblub

Anyone with merit under 50 from Sept 16, still awaiting to hear about starting?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Macanfhiodair

twoblub wrote: »
    Anyone with merit under 50 from Sept 16, still awaiting to hear about starting?

Sept 2016 low 800's

So the vetting process actually begins before you do the PCT?

It typically doesn't start until you are medically certified and have a PCT invite at the very least. As to whether its a hard an fast rule that it will start at that moment I can't say.

To all:
    I would say that give them as much information as you can. The less they have to go digging to find the better. And in the mean time don't be doing things or posting things that might raise eyebrows and result in further checks being done just to be sure. Yes the result is still a clear vetting sheet but why do anything to make it a longer process.

Post Tenebris Lux,

Mutter Nutter

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭AiB123

So mid 50s OOM from Sep 16 campaign. After failing the physical once in April and then 2 referrals after a shoulder injury a week before my repeat, finally passed the physical yesterday.
    Here's crossed for Feb.

AiB123 wrote: »
    So mid 50s OOM from Sep 16 campaign. After failing the physical once in April and then 2 referrals after a shoulder injury a week before my repeat, finally passed the physical yesterday.
    Here's crossed for Feb.

Must be feeling confident with a nice oom like that. How's your vetting?

Must be feeling confident with a nice oom like that. How's your vetting?

That's Tuesday's job to check up on that. Hadn't wanted to check before I sat the physical and jinx myself.

That's Tuesday's job to check up on that. Hadn't wanted to check before I sat the physical and jinx myself.

Ha ha. Fair play! Best of luck to you.

I'm low 800s sept 2016 everything complete. Hope to see you in Feb 🙂

I'm low 800s sept 2016 everything complete. Hope to see you in Feb 🙂

Very best of luck to you too.

• Advertisement

I'm low 800s sept 2016 everything complete. Hope to see you in Feb ��
    Very best of luck to you too.

In the 100's and just waiting vetting to clear and its a long wait. Good luck all and aib well done on the physical. very nice to have that out of the way I'm sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 rbnjs

late 200s oom from sept 2016. rang appointments and they said file waiting to be signed. so hopefully be in for feb intake.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Alberto17

mutter_man wrote: »
    In the 100's and just waiting vetting to clear and its a long wait. Good luck all and aib well done on the physical. very nice to have that out of the way I'm sure.

Hi mate, if you finished in 100's from Sept 2016 campaign that is a long wait - was there any hold ups?

I'm inside top 100 from most recent campaign & don't expect to have any setbacks in medical or physical. Am trying to work out the most realistic time to be called, was thinking Aug or Nov 2018 but you have me worried now!:)

also wondering about this myself, like how many september 16 are left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭SinWin

I am 800s from Sep 16.... still waiting. rang hr they said all done waiting to be signed off...signed off by who???

I know a guy who is waiting since May 16 ... god knows how they pick people

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭damob1995

SinWin wrote: »
    I am 800s from Sep 16.... still waiting. rang hr they said all done waiting to be signed off...signed off by who???

I know a guy who is waiting since May 16 ... god knows how they pick people
    when did you ring? also when did you have your physical? when its gone to be signed off its the last part to be done everything is looked at by senior management and a decision is made if you are suitable or unsuitable.

September 9th was my PCT and i rang HR about 2 weeks ago!

SinWin wrote: »
    September 9th was my PCT and i rang HR about 2 weeks ago!

serious wait for a pct id hate to think i have to wait until june for mine

Totally.....Applied - Sept, April - interview , July - medical test , Sept - PCT

• Advertisement

Alberto17 wrote: »
    Hi mate, if you finished in 100's from Sept 2016 campaign that is a long wait - was there any hold ups?

I'm inside top 100 from most recent campaign & don't expect to have any setbacks in medical or physical. Am trying to work out the most realistic time to be called, was thinking Aug or Nov 2018 but you have me worried now!:)

I had something in work I could not get out of and had to postpone my medical so I wasn't certified until March 17. They will not commence work on vetting until your certified medically, and usually not until you've been given a PCT date. After that the time frame is entirely variable. Contributing factors are many, but the majority to not endure overly long vetting processes. Don't work yourself up or worry over it if you can. Best of luck, you'll do fine I'm sure.

Sine Timore Aut Faveo,

Mutter Nutter

Advertisement