Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Trainee February 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Butters97

Does anyone know the date that offers will be out for February intake?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭mutter_man

Butters97 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the date that offers will be out for February intake?

I seem to remember someone saying something about mid December, something to do with more notice as a result of Christmas etc. However you know yourself, hear a lie, tell a lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Butters97

mutter_man wrote: »
    I seem to remember someone saying something about mid December, something to do with more notice as a result of Christmas etc. However you know yourself, hear a lie, tell a lie.

If that’s true only 7-8 weeks left to offers ahah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Butters97 wrote: »
    If that’s true only 7-8 weeks left to offers ahah

Well that's provided there is an intake in Feb. I have yet to come across anything official that states the intake months for next year.

TallGlass wrote: »
    Well that's provided there is an intake in Feb. I have yet to come across anything official that states the intake months for next year.

http://www.thejournal.ie/garda-budget-2018-3638957-Oct2017/

Indo carrying something a little earlier than this but seems good on the face of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

http://www.thejournal.ie/garda-budget-2018-3638957-Oct2017/

Indo carrying something a little earlier than this but seems good on the face of it.

Seems good, but it's still nothing offical as in exact dates down and wheels in motion to get people in. Usually stuff like this is spun by the TD's PR machines, 800 Garda in 2018 sounds good 200 starting in Feb sounds better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Chrisbellew

Mid 500s myself Medical done in February and OFF done in May, vetting was still on going last time I checked hoping for February myself (provided there's an intake:P)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭AiB123

Phoned today to check on vetting and was told all had come back and was in the queue to be checked over and if satisfied with will be signed off on by senior management. She said there's 100+ currently in that queue so it'll be a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭damob1995

Sept 2016 vetting still ongoing everything completed

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

6 weeks for first round offers to be announced all going well :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Morgan09

Rang hr to check at what stage mine is at,they said it's awaiting final decision it was awaiting final decision before the last offers went out,I'm just wandering does anybody know whether that means that it's been through vetting or what stage is next?thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭SinWin

Does anyone know if you get in and those 8 months get 184,0 per week but you still have your rent to pay ( hometown) and are single parent? can you claim FIS or any other social protection?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Sam4thehills

Anyone get the file signed off recently. From January 16 with OOM top 100 waiting since Feb to get signed off. Lost all hope at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Macanfhiodair

Anyone get the file signed off recently. From January 16 with OOM top 100 waiting since Feb to get signed off. Lost all hope at this stage.

That's a long wait!! When do you think the next intake is? I'm waiting myself too

That's a long wait!! When do you think the next intake is? I'm waiting myself too
    Pretty sure there will be an intake in Feb. Seems to be the pattern they follow. Feb, May, August, November

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Macanfhiodair

Pretty sure there will be an intake in Feb. Seems to be the pattern they follow. Feb, May, August, November

I hope so! Best of luck, I'm sure you will be one of the first ones invited.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Alberto17

That's insane.

Can you think of any reason for delay, was there setbacks along the way ie. Failed PCT, Medical etc?
    Will be over two years at least at this rate, and with a high OOM..

Alberto17

that is mad! there must be mistake somwhere along the process!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Weejohnny

SinWin wrote: »
    Alberto17

that is mad! there must be mistake somwhere along the process!

More than likely vetting would be the answer. Can hold it up for a variety of reasons.

If I'd be you I would ring them and ask what is the hold up, if it only needs to be signed off then everything completed - vetting, tests, interviews

• Advertisement

Alberto17 wrote: »

That's insane.

Can you think of any reason for delay, was there setbacks along the way ie. Failed PCT, Medical etc?
    Will be over two years at least at this rate, and with a high OOM..

Flew through all stages. My vetting took till February this year to clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Keeno1888

Anyone got the number handy to get an update on vetting?

1 666 9850

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Weejohnny

Flew through all stages. My vetting took till February this year to clear.

If your vetting cleared in February what would be the reason then you weren't taken in May/Aug or November?

SinWin wrote: »
    1 666 9850
    That just another number for HR is it?
    Sadly vetting is one of those things that is extremely variable. Final sign off should be relatively quick to either say yes or the dreaded "generally unsuitable". If your waiting that long maybe asking HR to chase it wouldn't be out of place. Human error can't be discounted, always the chance a file could end up sitting at the bottom of a pile etc. That is just musings not insider knowledge by the way folks.
    Best of luck everyone and lets try stay sane and if we must follow up with HR, for most of us keep it to a minimum. The fewer distractions we provide the better for all not just us.

Sine Timore Aut Faveo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

Is there any reasons given behind a not suitable

mrDerek wrote: »
    Is there any reasons given behind a not suitable
    Only someone who has received one or seen someone else's could answer that with certainty. There is as I understand it a multi stage appeal process for it anyway, so while it's a kick in the teeth I think you are given a chance to explain whatever it is that has concerned them. That said regardless of the amount of time vetting or sign off is taking for people don't let worries about that creep in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

Only someone who has received one or seen someone else's could answer that with certainty. There is as I understand it a multi stage appeal process for it anyway, so while it's a kick in the teeth I think you are given a chance to explain whatever it is that has concerned them. That said regardless of the amount of time vetting or sign off is taking for people don't let worries about that creep in.

Cheers it was more curiosity I've never been in trouble except for a few points 11 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 47 CAJJ

Cheers it was more curiosity I've never been in trouble except for a few points 11 years ago

A few points?

As in penalty point on your drivers license?

That's kinda irrelevant.

• Advertisement

No problem, I could spend all day listing reasons vetters would dig deeper on someone and still not cover half of it. Anytime they end up doing a little extra digging or checking it's more time.

As for your penalty points as above I'm sure nothing there that would even raise an eyebrow. As long as nothing you've ever been involved in raises questions about your honesty and integrity.

Advertisement