Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Trainee February 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭Leeroyjenkins

Well lads I'm from the September 2016 and have all stages cleared since August. Hrm told me my vetting is still not back I was just wondering does that mean it's awaiting a sign off or does that come after?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Well lads I'm from the September 2016 and have all stages cleared since August. Hrm told me my vetting is still not back I was just wondering does that mean it's awaiting a sign off or does that come after?

I would take that to mean it's still with the local station or the vetting unit. Once it's back from them it goes up the chain to be signed off by senior management.

Elliot192 wrote: »
    I would take that to mean it's still with the local station or the vetting unit. Once it's back from them it goes up the chain to be signed off by senior management.

Ah I see. It's really confusing because when I met with the chief super after my fitness (could have been shortly before fitness hard to remember) he said the vetting is good and have his recommendation so I assumed it was just a case if the hrm guys signing off on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Ah I see. It's really confusing because when I met with the chief super after my fitness (could have been shortly before fitness hard to remember) he said the vetting is good and have his recommendation so I assumed it was just a case if the hrm guys signing off on it.

I know what you mean. I thought the exact same thing at the time.

I know what you mean. I thought the exact same thing at the time.

I'm still holding out for February though the waiting is more painful than doing all the stages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Chrisbellew

Im from September 2016, vetting was finally cleared recently was told it's a matter of waiting for OOM now. Hoping for February!

Im from September 2016, vetting was finally cleared recently was told it's a matter of waiting for OOM now. Hoping for February!

Hey man do you mind me asking what oom you are? Or in and around?

Hey man do you mind me asking what oom you are? Or in and around?

I'm in around 520s man, was a long wait

Cheers man I'm low 700s so I'll probably be waiting longer if that makes you feel a bit better haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Butters97

Did hrm say your file was signed off recently? Or are you at the signing off stage?

• Advertisement

Butters97 wrote: »
    Did hrm say your file was signed off recently? Or are you at the signing off stage?

Well I rang about two weeks ago and it wasn't done so it was done within that time frame, nope it's all finished and signed off on now

Well I rang about two weeks ago and it wasn't done so it was done within that time frame, nope it's all finished and signed off on now

Congrats! Last time I rang they said it was at senior management stage, I hope it’s signed off now

Congrats! Last time I rang they said it was at senior management stage, I hope it’s signed off now

No harm in giving them a call therell be plenty of sign offs on the run up to christmas i reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 31 iCiaranS

Just waiting on a sign off myself, hoping and praying for the good news in a few weeks

iCiaranS wrote: »
    Just waiting on a sign off myself, hoping and praying for the good news in a few weeks

Hopefully it’s good news for us! What OOM are you if you don’t mind me asking and are you September recruitment?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 iCiaranS

Hopefully it’s good news for us! What OOM are you if you don’t mind me asking and are you September recruitment?

Mid 500s Sept 2016 pal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭SinWin

Rang HR today still file to be signed off ... giving all the hope up for Feb...we might as well open new thread May2018 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭mutter_man

SinWin wrote: »
    Rang HR today still file to be signed off ... giving all the hope up for Feb...we might as well open new thread May2018 :D

Now now behave, we might as well wait at least until we know the offers have gone out before getting so drastic :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

mutter_man wrote: »
    Now now behave, we might as well wait at least until we know the offers have gone out before getting so drastic :P

I'm out for Feb also I think. Same as above.

Realistically, there is 4/5 weeks to get my vetting back and approval for Feb.

Provided it even get's approved my senior management!

Not a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭SinWin

there are people signed off and queuing already much better chance to get in than those who only waits for sign off!

May will do me grand (be nearly 2 years then waiting) omg thats mad!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

SinWin wrote: »
    there are people signed off and queuing already much better chance to get in than those who only waits for sign off!

May will do me grand (be nearly 2 years then waiting) omg thats mad!!!

Two years here already. How everything has been spaced out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 PutYourHandsUp

Has anyone else got called for January`s intake? I got the good news this morning :) I was 610 in the waiting list :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Mowley

Congrats! Are you from September campaign? Is it January you start or February?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 DuffsC

Offers must be out then guy's, well done to everyone, was hoping to make it this time but i guess not... looks like i'll be waiting for a while again:(

Has anyone else got called for January`s intake? I got the good news this morning :) I was 610 in the waiting list :)

How long ago where you signed off?

DuffsC wrote: »
    Offers must be out then guy's, well done to everyone, was hoping to make it this time but i guess not... looks like i'll be waiting for a while again:(

What OOM are you?

What OOM are you?
    I Am in 800's

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Bid17

I Am in 800's

From September 16 campaign?

Bid17 wrote: »
    I Am in 800's

From September 16 campaign?
    Yea September 2016, have everything completed since September but im guessing now vetting is letting me down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Bid17

Yea September 2016, have everything completed since September but im guessing now vetting is letting me down

Same as myself I'm in the 700s though

Advertisement