Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Trainee February 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Macs85

Ada89 wrote: »
    It’s a pretty weird setup I think. I’m from sep2016 campaign OOM 500. passed medical and physical during summer. Met with super etc. But my vetting I think is the problem as I’m from the north so they’d have to request it from a “foreign” police force etc. I just hope it gets put to bed soon. Can’t be dealing with the constant email checking

I really dont get how my vetting hasnt taken longer i lived abroad for a year and i also have family from the north so thats 3 difdwrant police forces doing checks. so i expected a long wait but all im waiting on is the sign off. Best of luck and hope it doesnt take too long

Rosielass wrote: »
    I’m in same boat as you, did my pct back in August, vetting is clear a few weeks & oom is early 800s🙈 so hard to know wat to expect

Yeah i done my fitness in august too so fingers crossed for us both so. I dont think the oom is really anything to go by but again thats my opinion it can chop and change so much since you got it.

Mid 500s OOM and im all signed off and done we all seem to be around the same OOM from Sept 16 so that's encouraging for offers

Do you mind me asking when you found out you werw signed off?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Mr.cool212

Don't know about ye but my file is awaiting to be signed off for about 4 months and it wasn't signed off last week. I find it strange that no one has been told there file has been signed off either?

Mr.cool212 wrote: »
    Don't know about ye but my file is awaiting to be signed off for about 4 months and it wasn't signed off last week. I find it strange that no one has been told there file has been signed off either?

Yeah waiting on mine to be signed off the last 3 months. But from what someone said up here maybe they arent signed off till offers are going out? Checked mine last week and it hasnt either.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Rosielass

Macs85 wrote: »
    Yeah i done my fitness in august too so fingers crossed for us both so. I dont think the oom is really anything to go by but again thats my opinion it can chop and change so much since you got it.

I rang HRM the other day just to see if anything magically had happened an the woman said offers will be coming out end of this week, start of next week an she said offers are strictly by merit, didn’t give an indication though of how far up or down the ladder my oom is, soooo none the wiser really!

I rang HRM the other day just to see if anything magically had happened an the woman said offers will be coming out end of this week, start of next week an she said offers are strictly by merit, didn’t give an indication though of how far up or down the ladder my oom is, soooo none the wiser really!

Yeah its difficult to get any clear answers really i think people get anxious on the back of not knowing whats going on at least if you knew good or bad you can deal with it. Its living in limbo land thats tough but look i do like this thread cause least you know more people are going through the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ada89

How do you know if your file is waiting to be signed off on. Did you ring ? If you don’t meet the threshold (ie OOM) do they email you and say you were unsuccessful or do they just leave you hanging forever? Panicking in case the OOM 500’s is too high

How do you know if your file is waiting to be signed off on. Did you ring ? If you don’t meet the threshold (ie OOM) do they email you and say you were unsuccessful or do they just leave you hanging forever? Panicking in case the OOM 500’s is too high

I called in total 3/4 times since sep and its "awaiting sign off by senior management". If i dont make it my oom is mid 500's your not told a thing. So you have to wait. Its hars to know as people are waiting in vetring still so you could be faster or have to to wait on the next group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭Chrisbellew

Macs85 wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking when you found out you werw signed off?

Rang at the start of November and was told i was signed off having everything done since May

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭Chrisbellew

Highest ive seen in November intake on these forums was 530 from Sept 2016, so i reckon OOMS from 500 to 700 are in with a good shout, vetting pending and allowing for those left behind from previous years

Highest ive seen in November intake on these forums was 530 from Sept 2016, so i reckon OOMS from 500 to 700 are in with a good shout, vetting pending and allowing for those left behind from previous years

Yeah i figured the same either this intake or next intake. Well your signed off so fingers crosses you get the good news today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

It’s awful, family members, friends etc every time I meet someone their first question is any word on when your going in!!! Noooo

Yes get that all the time to and I'm like if you only knew the patience you need for the whole process......don't be asking I'll let you know when I get the offer lol :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭AiB123

Losing hope for today. The wait is painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jumpstart99

AiB123 wrote: »
    Seems a bit late for offer at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

Not today I would say!

AiB123 wrote: »

Losing hope fullstop

• Registered Users Posts: 31 iCiaranS

Pretty sure last intakes offers were pretty late in the day lads, give it time..

• Registered Users Posts: 47 CAJJ

Bulges wrote: »
    Garda reserve of 5 years from sept 2016 campaign. passed fitness in October (repeated). I quit my job to go to fitness retest as my boss at the time wouldn't give me the day off to go.. fingers crossed!

What a dick! Fair play. Shows you really want the career.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Limerick1937

Not today I would say!

Early yet, don't lose hope until after 5pm 😀

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

The silence is deafening :(

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭mutter_man

TallGlass wrote: »
    The silence is deafening :(

I'm in hands off mode for my sanity. HRM will write all the emails, wait till they are about to leave, line up at the door, and hit send with a stick while they run (can't hear the phone ringing when your hot footing it). :p:p

Dumb jokes aside, keep it together everyone you've all got impeccable resilience to have held on so far. Whether im in this intake or another its been pleasure :) .

Post Tenebris Lux

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lb19921

I can't cope has anyone found out?

Nope 😯

I think that's it for today lads. Seems like it won't be today.

• Advertisement

Roll on Monday

Haha that’s all folks I’m not checking my emails now til January 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lb19921

When's the next intake?

lb19921 wrote: »
    When's the next intake?

February or never, whatever way you want to look at it 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 12 kingleo

Rang HRM yesterday. They told my file is complete / signed now. Just wait for the offer email in the next few days. Offer will be based on oom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Butters97

kingleo wrote: »
    Rang HRM yesterday. They told my file is complete / signed now. Just wait for the offer email in the next few days. Offer will be based on oom

What OOM are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 kingleo

Butters97 wrote: »
    What OOM are you?

Low 200s from sept 2016

kingleo wrote: »

I did that myself yesterday! Im signed off just keep looking at email. Based of merit. Im just hoping because im now signed off i will get a place in feb!

I did that myself yesterday! Im signed off just keep looking at email. Based of merit. Im just hoping because im now signed off i will get a place in feb!

Do you have a low OOM too?

Do you have a low OOM too?

Im 640 from sept 2016. Had had to get lazor on my eyes which delayed me by a few months. Last i rang 2 months ago i was still in the checking stage so im just happy im signed off now and just in the waiting stage!! So im in but dont no when im starting!!

Im 640 from sept 2016. Had had to get lazor on my eyes which delayed me by a few months. Last i rang 2 months ago i was still in the checking stage so im just happy im signed off now and just in the waiting stage!! So im in but dont no when im starting!!

Congrats! I’m mid 600’s and rang last week and was still waiting to be signed off by senior management

Congrats! I’m mid 600’s and rang last week and was still waiting to be signed off by senior management

Maybe try again Monday. I asked yesterday when you get signed off do they give u a position in the next group he said no its order of merit. So im still not sure if i have a position this time around! But thanks all the same! Fingers crossed!

What do you say when your ringing to see if your file has been signed off? Or do you just ask what stage you are at ?

What do you say when your ringing to see if your file has been signed off? Or do you just ask what stage you are at ?

Just say your ringing up to find out has all your forms been signed off or what stage you are at for the garda traniee. They will ask your name a dob and take a look for you. They are very friendly and look no problem for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Eoin2486

So I suppose it will be January before offers are out?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Eoin2486 wrote: »
    So I suppose it will be January before offers are out?

Ah now here stop that

• Registered Users Posts: 31 iCiaranS

They usually give 4/5 weeks notice lads, this week just gone is early in the month going by most intakes, this week seems more than likely, just sit tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 EllenBarry

I’m from the Sept 2016 campaign, this waiting game is starting to drive me insane, done my fitness test in may passed everything, met both the super and the sergeant, and my oom is in the early 300’s

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭sticky hurling

I would be hopeful that we will hear something tomorrow or tuesday no ?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 DublinGuy84

Hi guys! Long time observer...first time poster!
    September 16 campaign. Best of luck to everyone and I hope many of us get some good news this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Lmarie2016

Hey all, I would assume the offers will be out tomorrow because they will be finishing up on Friday until January I would say. So they would need to get responses by the end of this week to send the packs with the information out.. maybe I am just being too hopeful ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭SO7378

I see alot of people from the 2016 campaign.. Firstly congrats on getting to the end! Just curious.. For the people who have applied this year.. The 2017 campaign are they pushed foreward to the next one if they get through all? or whats the craic?or how many are taken from the 2017? Because i see quite alot from the previous campaign.. Ive placed 404 and waiting on physical date.. Just confused now Thanks

Any word?

SO7378 wrote: »
    I see alot of people from the 2016 campaign.. Firstly congrats on getting to the end! Just curious.. For the people who have applied this year.. The 2017 campaign are they pushed foreward to the next one if they get through all? or whats the craic?or how many are taken from the 2017? Because i see quite alot from the previous campaign.. Ive placed 404 and waiting on physical date.. Just confused now Thanks

People place to much weight on order of merit, I wouldn't worry about it too be honest. I am waiting 2 years at this stage, plenty of people have interviewed and applied after me and have long passed out at this stage. OOM to me means absolutely nothing, so I wouldn't get hung up on it.

The main thing to go on is if your signed off, if you are then expect an offer.

• Advertisement

TallGlass wrote: »
    People place to much weight on order of merit, I wouldn't worry about it too be honest. I am waiting 2 years at this stage, plenty of people have interviewed and applied after me and have long passed out at this stage. OOM to me means absolutely nothing, so I wouldn't get hung up on it.

The main thing to go on is if your signed off, if you are then expect an offer.

Jesus are you not signed off yet? Id love to ring to see if i am thats all im waiting on but i dont want to piss them off by calling 🙈

Advertisement