Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair Strike implications re Cancellations NO INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS POSTS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

never_mind wrote: »
    Hi all

I am off in the coming weeks (Amsterdam) and haven't heard that the flight is cancelled. Am I safe to assume that we are good to go or should I contact Ryanair? Their online chat system has been consistently busy and won't let me ask them.

Thanks

all cancelled flights up to end October are listed

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

Riskymove wrote: »
    all cancelled flights up to end October are listed

Only until 2 October. My flight is 13th.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

You should have got an email if your flight was cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

Funny... I know you're saying it'll be grand but there is just this weird idea at the back of my head that they are going to screw me over!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Bazzy wrote: »
    He's making sure the same thing wont happen again

Sensible i'm sure you'll agree

How could there be any risk it could happen again ? This 6 week problem was a one off due to the change of holiday roster calender period, and it isnt being changed next year. So nothing to allow for particularly - it should be the normal full schedule plus growth. No problem with pilot numbers either - as O'Leary says, he has plenty already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

737max wrote:
    I have reacted by not selling my shares; Is that what you mean.
    I mean shareholders demanding their CEO,who is personally responsible for the recent and ongoing share price decrease, to resign as he is unwilling to deal with the problem at hand, pilot turnover due to deplorable conditions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 993 ✭✭✭737max

I mean shareholders demanding their CEO,who is personally responsible for the recent and ongoing share price decrease, to resign as he is unwilling to deal with the problem at hand, pilot turnover due to deplorable conditions.
    Look at the stock charts and see if a cold blooded investor would fire the man who has made them much wealthier over the last number of years. Stocks like Ryanair are few and far between.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Tick the box next to the flight at the top and then click the fare price of the new flight.

99.3% of the shareholders voted for him to stay last week but lets not let facts get in the way of a good story or rant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Blut2

How could there be any risk it could happen again ? This 6 week problem was a one off due to the change of holiday roster calender period, and it isnt being changed next year. So nothing to allow for particularly - it should be the normal full schedule plus growth. No problem with pilot numbers either - as O'Leary says, he has plenty already.

Yes, it is almost like what O'Leary is saying in the media and what is happening in real life aren't adding up isn't it :pac:

I'll definitely be booking alternative airlines for any travel within the next 6 months if possible. This could very easily bleed into more cancellations if the pilots don't reaction an agreement about employment changes with management.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Can you click on the + sign at "View change flight fees" Might be something in there?

737max wrote:
    Look at the stock charts and see if a cold blooded investor would fire the man who has made them much wealthier over the last number of years. Stocks like Ryanair are few and far between.

But the man is making mistakes, and lots of them.

It took shareholders, two years ago at an AGM, to demand O'Leary improve passenger treatment because he was dragging Ryanair's name into the gutter.
    The same " brilliant " CEO later admitted he never realised being nice to customers would improve business. What kind of business man wouldn't be aware of that fact?!!

His persona is the problem and that will never change. Shareholders or the Board are the only people he listens too so they have the power to demand he deals with the staffing issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

But the man is making mistakes, and lots of them.

It took shareholders, two years ago at an AGM, to demand O'Leary improve passenger treatment because he was dragging Ryanair's name into the gutter.
    The same " brilliant " CEO later admitted he never realised being nice to customers would improve business. What kind of business man wouldn't be aware of that fact?!!

His persona is the problem and that will never change. Shareholders or the Board are the only people he listens too so they have the power to demand he deals with the staffing issues.

He was momumental in the change of prices in aviation

He's an accountant and treats it like an accountant treats everything

But most of all he's human and we all make mistakes he hedged fuel prices back a few years ago and was wrong he made a mistake then and he admitted it.

131 million people travelled with Ryanair

They are in the unique situation of supply being unable to cope with demand as i've said before

People are fickle once this has blown over some cheap flights and it'll be business as usual

@ViewProfile: Were you among the less than 3 percent of shareholders who didn't vote for his continued employment.

Managing Directors don't get fired because they are unpopular so long as they produce results.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

737max wrote: »
    @ViewProfile:  Were you among the less than 3 percent of shareholders who didn't vote for his continued employment.

Managing Directors don't get fired because they are unpopular so long as they produce results.
    Ex CEO of Uber would like a word...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Had return booked to Birmingham booked and one leg was cancelled. Got the refund for both legs and booked aer lingus instead. Just got emailed €80 voucher. Not too bad!

Dardania wrote: »
    Ex CEO of Uber would like a word...
    I'll speak with him briefly after his firm stops chewing through billions of dollars of capital and starts turning consistent profits quarter on quarter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭john boye

You almost seem to be accusing him of being economical with the truth when faced with a slobbering media which blindly accepts everything he says at face value.

Bazzy wrote:
    He was momumental in the change of prices in aviation

Bazzy wrote:
    People are fickle once this has blown over some cheap flights and it'll be business as usual

Bazzy wrote:
    131 million people travelled with Ryanair

He was momumental 20 odd years ago, times have moved on. He needs to adapt or get out!

You're right, people will forget with time. However this is very different from anything Ryanair faced previously.
    They are cancelling massive amounts of flights, affecting nearly half a million people's plans. Those people, their families, their bosses and friends will not forget that inconvenience as easily. This inconvenience is not going away after a few days or weeks. It is continuing well into next year and most likely well beyond that.
    I can assure you that passengers will be wary to book a ticket, even if it were free, with an airline that is cancelling flights as part of a longterm strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Pelvis wrote: »
    It's laughable that MOL still has a job. Bunch of cowboys Ted.

Yawn.......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Absolutely hilarious that MOL is apparently suddenly a failure. They posted over a BILLION euros of profit AFTER tax this year. If anything FR relies too heavily on him. Lots of business experts out there on here, Twitter, Facebook....yawn yawn yawn. Oh and FR's share price rose 2% today.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭MollsGap

fr336 wrote: »
    Absolutely hilarious that MOL is apparently suddenly a failure. They posted over a BILLION euros of profit AFTER tax this year. If anything FR relies too heavily on him. Lots of business experts out there on here, Twitter, Facebook....yawn yawn yawn. Oh and FR's share price rose 2% today.......

I would be glad to be considered a failure if I his bank account!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Where are the IAA in all this...?
    I haven't seen a single statement from them about this situation.

Why is it being left up to the UK CAA to bring Ryanair to book over this fiasco...?

http://www.caa.co.uk/News/CAA-expedites-enforcement-action-against-Ryanair-for-persistently-misleading-passengers/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭1123heavy

Where are the IAA in all this...?
    I haven't seen a single statement from them about this situation.

Why is it being left up to the UK CAA to bring Ryanair to book over this fiasco...?

http://www.caa.co.uk/News/CAA-expedites-enforcement-action-against-Ryanair-for-persistently-misleading-passengers/

They're rolling over too afraid to upset their true master

1123heavy wrote: »
    They're rolling over too afraid to upset their true master

It certainly looks like it...:confused:

The current Ryanair management should be hauled over the coals for this latest round of cancellations. It seems Ryanair would rather inconvenience their passengers and sacrifice the growth and expansion they've been working so hard to achieve so MOL doesn't have to lose face by engaging with his pilots and possibly conceding to some of their demands.
    Rather than trying to come up with a solution that could solve the revolving door situation they have with pilots leaving for 'greener pastures' they abandon their principles and slash the schedule to suit the number of pilots they hope will hang around long enough to operate it!
    They say there won't be any more cancellations but how can they guarantee this until they solve the problem of retaining pilots and they'll never solve it while MOL is at the helm, his vanity would never allow it.

This company was was once our greatest economic success story, it's a laughing stock now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Its the Commission for Aviation Regulation not the IAA who deal with such action.

Advertisement