Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair Strike implications re Cancellations NO INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS POSTS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

P_1 wrote: »
    Is there a list anywhere? Have a friend coming over for a visit on the 10pm Manchester Dublin flight on the Friday

10pm Manchester to Dublin is still scheduled on their website so your friend should be okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,951 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

P_1 wrote: »
    Is there a list anywhere? Have a friend coming over for a visit on the 10pm Manchester Dublin flight on the Friday

No list as of yet, but Ryanair have stated that all affected passengers have been notified, so I'm assuming this means that all flights that aren't running have been taking off their booking system too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bennyineire

All flights are risk as far as I'm concerned
    I was in the airport yesterday to fly to Stuutgart with Ryanair due to fly out at 17:40. Got through security to find out it was delayed by 1 hour, 1 hour laster they said it would be delayed by another 2 hours.
    Then at 8:15pm told us the flight was cancelled.

Seemingly this is happening to random flights everyday for the last 2 months according to a staff member speaking off the record to one of us last night.

The company is a mess at the moment, stay away and fly with another airline

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭CoisFharraige

All flights are risk as far as I'm concerned
    I was in the airport yesterday to fly to Stuutgart with Ryanair due to fly out at 17:40. Got through security to find out it was delayed by 1 hour, 1 hour laster they said it would be delayed by another 2 hours.
    Then at 8:15pm told us the flight was cancelled.

Seemingly this is happening to random flights everyday for the last 2 months according to a staff member speaking off the record to one of us last night.

The company is a mess at the moment, stay away and fly with another airline

This is happening more often than people think - the strikes are one thing, but the system is really struggling with all flights and there are many instances of this happening where passengers are given incremental delays to then be told of a cancellation. My TVS-STN flight was cancelled after a situation like this, and the week before I flew WRO-DUB only a day late - the lovely KFC voucher made up for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Masala

This is happening more often than people think - the strikes are one thing, but the system is really struggling with all flights and there are many instances of this happening where passengers are given incremental delays to then be told of a cancellation. My TVS-STN flight was cancelled after a situation like this, and the week before I flew WRO-DUB only a day late - the lovely KFC voucher made up for it...

They seem to be playing with the EU261 allowances and don't want to be paying the compensation PLUS put on the flight after 3 hours. They seem to be dragging out to 3 hrs and then make decisions. They prepared to pay the €5 voucher to see what happens and then pull the plug before the €250 per pax kicks in.

...... that's my conspiracy theory anyway!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Posted last night on another thread. Daughter got to Gatwick for a 9.30pm flight only for it to be cancelled at 11.30pm. First flight they could get her on was tomorrow which was absolutely no use to her. Had to make her way home to Bromley at that hour. Funnily it was Aer Lingus and the Ryanair flight got in to dublin - late but it arrived!!! Fuming is not even close.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Dovies wrote: »
    Posted last night on another thread. Daughter got to Gatwick for a 9.30pm flight only for it to be cancelled at 11.30pm. First flight they could get her on was tomorrow which was absolutely no use to her. Had to make her way home to Bromley at that hour. Funnily it was Aer Lingus and the Ryanair flight got in to dublin - late but it arrived!!! Fuming is not even close.
    Very disappointing, you have my sympathy. I've often been on that flight after a long day/week and I've often thought what a complete disaster it would be if it ever got cancelled at the last minute. Gatwick is not a great place to be at that hour of the night.
    Did they give a reason..?
    There seemed to be a lot of delays and cancellations out of UK airports, Twitter was in meltdown with stranded passengers venting their anger.
    There were a lot of angry Ryanair passengers stranded at Stansted tweeting about this but probably unfairly as they seemed to be nothing to do with them and part of a wider problem that affected every airline...

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭dibs101

Just looking for some quick advise as it is unclear from Ryanair website what my entitlements are..

During our family holiday in Portugal, 8 days before it was due to end we got an e mail off Ryanair saying that our return flight on the 26th was cancelled due to portugese cabin crew striking. The next available flight was the following night so we changed to this flight. We booked an extra nights accom 230 Euro and flew home the following night.

What are we entitled to??? Just the 230 euros??

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

dibs101 wrote: »
    Just looking for some quick advise as it is unclear from Ryanair website what my entitlements are..

During our family holiday in Portugal, 8 days before it was due to end we got an e mail off Ryanair saying that our return flight on the 26th was cancelled due to portugese cabin crew striking. The next available flight was the following night so we changed to this flight. We booked an extra nights accom 230 Euro and flew home the following night.

What are we entitled to??? Just the 230 euros??

Accommodation, meals, any extra transport I.e taxis to hotel basically any extra you had to spend as a result of the cancellation

You should be entitled to €250/€400pp EU261 depending on mileage of flight also however Ryanair are denying all those claims so you might need to go further or wait to see if they change their stance following the intervention of the regulators

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Anahita

Just posted 2 hours ago (approx 9:30am 31/07/2018) on RyanAir FB Page

Due to thunderstorms in Stansted today (31 July), Ryanair have been forced to cancel a number of first wave flights.

German, French, Greek and Croatian ATC staff shortages have also caused delays to 72 (16%) of our 441 first wave of flight departures this morning.

Affected customers with cancelled flights will be notified by email and SMS text message and advised of their options of a refund or free move to the next available flight.

Ryanair sincerely apologise for these weather and ATC disruptions which are entirely beyond our control.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭john boye

Anahita wrote: »

Due to thunderstorms in Stansted today (31 July), Ryanair have been forced to cancel a number of first wave flights.

German, French, Greek and Croatian ATC staff shortages have also caused delays to 72 (16%) of our 441 first wave of flight departures this morning.

Affected customers with cancelled flights will be notified by email and SMS text message and advised of their options of a refund or free move to the next available flight.

Ryanair sincerely apologise for these weather and ATC disruptions which are entirely beyond our control.

Have they stopped trying to blame UK ATC since they got owned on twitter over it?

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭LeChienMefiant

john boye wrote: »
    Have they stopped trying to blame UK ATC since they got owned on twitter over it?

Source please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Turnipman

A lot of lightning around the SE of England earlier this morning, right enough.

http://brunnur.vedur.is/athuganir/eldingar/i_dag_na.html?

As a nervous passenger, if I had been flying from Stansted, I'd have been relieved that they cancelled!

Other airlines were flying and not all RyanAir flights were cancelled.
    https://www.stanstedairport.com/flight-information/departures

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Other airlines were flying and not all RyanAir flights were cancelled.
    https://www.stanstedairport.com/flight-information/departures

Ryanair*

Just because some manage to take off, you expect all to take off? There's some eye watering delays at Stansted today as a result of this weather, due to crewing and immense delays some flights were forced to be cancelled. Same happens at all large airports when there's severe weather.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Ryanair*

Just because some manage to take off, you expect all to take off? There's some eye watering delays at Stansted today as a result of this weather, due to crewing and immense delays some flights were forced to be cancelled. Same happens at all large airports when there's severe weather.

Fair enough. I was just saying that there were a lot of cancellations.

Source please?

Twitter?

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭LeChienMefiant

Twitter?
    Any links?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭CoisFharraige

No. They still do it occasionally despite that. However Ryanair and NATS are both playing their own spin, yes they’re short staffed but can collapse sectors (which have a max capacity per hour). This results in flow/capacity restrictions even though ‘all’ sectors are fully staffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

1hr and 5mins late think almost ready to go, thank so and so only going to Liverpool

• Advertisement

Any links?

Sorry I don't know how to embed tweets but found this article on it

https://ukaviation.news/ryanair-is-misleading-about-cause-of-delays-says-nats/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

jeffk wrote: »
    1hr and 5mins late think almost ready to go, thank so and so only going to Liverpool

I was 3 hours 19 minutes late into Manchester on Friday. Think yourself lucky!

Just announced: Irish based pilots announce August 10th strike.
    http://www.thejournal.ie/ryanair-strike-8-4161232-Aug2018/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Luckily it's just a small number (25%) of Irish pilots being manipulated by the Aer Lingus pilots union into taking part in this unnecessary strike. Ryanair can simply cancel a few flights and rejig the schedule to position in a few pilots from some of the other bases in Belgium, Sweden or Germany...oh wait... Friday the 10th you said...?

Yup. They say on Twitter that they plan (if Forsa accepts) to meet Forsa on the 7th of August at 11am so I guess they won't be announcing any cancellations of the 10th August flights until after that meeting (if it happens).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Masala

Yup. They say on Twitter that they plan (if Forsa accepts) to meet Forsa on the 7th of August at 11am so I guess they won't be announcing any cancellations of the 10th August flights until after that meeting (if it happens).

Well thats nice isn't it !!! ..... post all correspondence up on the internet!!!!

They've just announced it'll be 20 flights cancelled. No sign of any cancellations on the website yet. I'm sure to someone who can take holidays any time of year it might seem like not much of a big deal if you get a refund/rebook to a later date, but some people have booked annual holidays for that time period and if they can't travel, then that's their holiday scuppered for the whole year.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭JimmyChew

Long shot but could anyone take an educated guess or have any information on
    Cork -› PMI next Friday 10th 06:05?

Holding off telling the kids about a holiday that may or may not happen.

Any info greatly appreciated ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Was wondering similar, I'm flying out at 6.30am on Sat 11th, first flight day after the strike. Cork-London STN. Any idea if it'll be cancelled or will it mostly affect Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Fagashlil

Going by previous cancellations, they've been on UK flights which have multiple flights daily (e.g. STN/LGW), along with the likes of AMS which also has 4 flights daily. Holiday flights tended to be unaffected by the pilot strikes.

Advertisement