Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair Strike implications re Cancellations NO INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS POSTS

Options
1717273747577»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

Due to fly with Ryanair on Friday the 24th,just wondering do ye think it will be resolved by then or will there be more strikes,they usually seem to strike on a Friday

You are asking an unanswerable question and there's so many variables given that five markets are now affected.

Union / mediator talks on Monday for Irish pilots so depends on what base operates your flight (not necessarily the same as the airport of departure). I'd expect there will be no dates added for strike during the mediation process for Irish pilots.

If there are more strikes and you are flying to mainland Europe on an Irish crewed flight you have a good chance of no disruption . UK flights are where the distribution is likely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

My family are meant to fly next Friday (aug 17th) to London. My wife thinks they're probably going to strike every Friday and we should be worried.

Does anyone have any idea if they plan to strike Friday, Aug 17 and if it would affect our plans to London? Should we be worried?

I checked flights and it seemed it would have to pay 4x (€125/ea) the cost of our RyanAir ticket. If we wait for the 48 hour notice cancellation might flight prices have spiked making €500 for a last minute flight look like a good deal?.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

My family are meant to fly next Friday (aug 17th) to London. My wife thinks they're probably going to strike every Friday and we should be worried.

Does anyone have any idea if they plan to strike Friday, Aug 17 and if it would affect our plans to London? Should we be worried?

I checked flights and it seemed it would have to pay 4x (€125/ea) the cost of our RyanAir ticket. If we wait for the 48 hour notice cancellation might flight prices have spiked making €500 for a last minute flight look like a good deal?.

7 days strike notice is what they have been giving in Ireland and talks are commencing tomorrow. You have nothing to worry about from a strike perspective if travelling on 17th.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,632 ✭✭✭giveitholly

You are asking an unanswerable question and there's so many variables given that five markets are now affected.

Union / mediator talks on Monday for Irish pilots so depends on what base operates your flight (not necessarily the same as the airport of departure). I'd expect there will be no dates added for strike during the mediation process for Irish pilots.

If there are more strikes and you are flying to mainland Europe on an Irish crewed flight you have a good chance of no disruption . UK flights are where the distribution is likely

Flying from Dublin to Liverpool on the 24th,i know the flights to UK mainland seem to be disrupted the most so fingers crossed it doesn't happen that day

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭medoc

Sorry to ask a silly question as no one really knows what could happen on any particular day, but I was trying to put our minds at ease especially my dads, as far as internal Ryanair issues are concerned. Flying to Bristol on Thursday morning 23rd.

I’m assuming is a Dublin based plane as it’s an early flight. Am I right in assuming at this stage with the mediation going on that it’s too late to give notice and strike on that day.we have a family funeral to get to. I’m not worried about the return on Saturday as I’ll take what ever comes to pass on that day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,794 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its too late to announce a strike for the 23rd of August.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

While I understand the current digression lets maybe get back to discussion of any Ryanair strike implications. I moved the priority queue posts to a new Ryansir discussion thread.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=107989297#post107989297

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭howyanow

Sorry to ask a question that has probably already been answered,dont have tine to read full thread.
    Question is,
    If i have flights booked and strike grounds my flight,will Ryanair put me on next available flight to same destination?
    Will be travelling end of October but worrying strikes may escalate.
    Any replies appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

howyanow wrote: »
    Sorry to ask a question that has probably already been answered,dont have tine to read full thread.
    Question is,
    If i have flights booked and strike grounds my flight,will Ryanair put me on next available flight to same destination?
    Any replies appreciated

Hopefully it will all be sorted after the AGM next week so you might not be affected but just in case, whatever you do, do not accept a refund if your flight is cancelled...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

howyanow wrote: »
    Question is,
    Any replies appreciated
    Why would it escalate?
    Irish based Pilots have reached agreement with their employer.
    Cabin Crew are in more plentiful supply than flight crew and would struggle to disrupt services in a larger base like Dublin.
    The risk of strikes on Ryanair flights originating from the British Isles has greatly receded in recent weeks.
    If you look at your flight details in Flightradar24 you'll figure out where you plane is based and if it is based in the British Isles you have a greater chance now of your flight being disrupted by technical issues or ATC issues than Industrial action and even where flights are disrupted routes with more infrequent service are prioritised and instead routes which are served multiple times a day suffer a cancellation.
    Although this thread is supposedly not to do with Industrial relations you will find supporters of the trade unions seeding fear in here as it is important to them to create uncertainty as they wish to damage the employer's forward bookings and financial position.
    So, step back, assess your position and decide your course of action accordingly.
    Don't panic.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Does anyone know if further strikes are planned after 28th September? Cant find anything online, tia.

Advertisement