Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE slams "secret" producer for telling the truth?

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

VinLieger wrote: »
    Which indicates that at least one thing they say is true and can be proven if RTE arent willing to do that

I'm sure RTE know some of it to be true, so why would they react by saying it's all lies - that's just setting themselves up to be proven wrong.

My point has only ever been that we can't infer that it's all true from RTE's lack of response that it's all lies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

VinLieger wrote: »
    Im just another anonymous internet person but i do know someone who works there and apparently management lost their heads when this all started. They have deffinitely calmed in the last few days due to im guessing Terry Prone grabbing a firm hold of the reigns and putting her clout to work which is why we are seeing only negative articles in the media

I don't doubt that their management freaked out, but I'd bet it being more about what they feared would or could come out if it was a genuine whistle blower.

For me personally, I still don't see any smoking gun, leading me to doubt how genuine the account is. Now that it almost seems to be blowing over, I don't think there will be one.

I might be wrong but I think this will all fade away quietly and we'll all be none the wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

RTE TV building was evacuated due to a bomb threat this afternoon. Those private detectives are taking scare tactics to a whole new level!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,564 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

What RTE should have done:

Studiously ignore the whole thing and instruct all employees to do the same. When pressed by the media, say 'we do not comment on anonymous internet speculation'

What they did do:

Lose their collective shit, allow or instruct their employees to attack this person on twitter, have official spokespersons attack them on the media, issue threats to any other employees tempted to speak out, start a manhunt.

I think RTE's reaction speaks volumes, more than 'rte secret producer' has so far.
    Mission accomplished on their part!

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,564 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

And, RTE, I coulda told you this for waaay less than Terry Prune charges :)

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Any updates on this?... Has he/she been silenced? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Ardent

Looks like it. Was probably only a matter of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,308 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Storm in a teacup.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Would think there would be a media sensation if this person had been discovered and sacked.

Or at least a copy cat account.

The silence is peculiar.

Would think there would be a media sensation if this person had been discovered and sacked.

Or at least a copy cat account.

The silence is peculiar.
    Thread move to Conspiracy Theories??

• Advertisement

Thread move to Conspiracy Theories??

Or missing persons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Freindly

Hello, Sorry about the sudden absence. With the investigation, the media reaction, and the threats, I got scared. This place is my livelihood. So I stopped. But I shouldn't have. Just the reaction was so much more than I expected. But now I have a pretty new phone. I with good security. But it's work time. I have to go for now. Dms open. It is nice to be tweeting again

https://twitter.com/rtesecretpro

And we are back :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Freindly wrote: »

We have Twitter too

Excelsior!

Copycat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.