Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repairing a fishing coat.

Options
  • 15-09-2017 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭

I have an Scierra fishing coat that has severed me well for years. Unfortunately earlier this year the top right hand outer pocket started to come away i.e the black waterproof tape came away from the coat. At the time I tried a small repair with superglue but it didn't work. I taped up the pocket with double sided tape and it kept it waterproof but when I washed the coat today the pocket came adrift.
    Is there any product that I can buy to restick it back in place.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Base price wrote: »
    I have an Scierra fishing coat that has severed me well for years. Unfortunately earlier this year the top right hand outer pocket started to come away i.e the black waterproof tape came away from the coat. At the time I tried a small repair with superglue but it didn't work. I taped up the pocket with double sided tape and it kept it waterproof but when I washed the coat today the pocket came adrift.
    Is there any product that I can buy to restick it back in place.

Id say just stich it back and stormsure the stiches, tape over both sides afterwards too.

Thats just what i'd try - not saying it will work - It probably wont be 100% waterproof again

Advertisement