Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rent deposit

Options
  • 16-09-2017 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Could you please suggest me what should I do/what can I do.
    I recently contacted my previous landlord in Dublin where I stayed four years ago for letting. He said he has one vacancy which was not advertised at that time and he was painting it. I viewed the house and paid my rent, deposit and signed the contract. He did not give much time to read the contract. After one day I visited the flat and I did not like it I told to the landlord and I am not gonna take the flat. I handover keys to him. He gave my rent back however he kept my deposit with him. Now the flat is given to somebody else which was advertised and removed in a day. Basically, he did not lose a week rent. I told him to keep one week rent and give back the remaining. He blocked my mobile and not responding to texts. what should I do now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Cocobongo

Best way would probably be to contact RTB and see how they can help if he doesn’t speak to you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

Also keep detailed notes of everything including date, time etc. Very easy to mix these up later

Advertisement