Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beretta 686e

Options
  • 16-09-2017 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to find some info about a beretta model that i have been told is about 10 year old. Its a 686e and has "gold" written on the side of the barrel .It does not have the adjustable cheek riser like the one Cass advertised here a couple of years ago .It doesn't have "evo" written on it .
    Is anyone familiar with a gun like what I have described?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

scwazrh wrote: »
    I'm trying to find some info about a beretta model that i have been told is about 10 year old. Its a 686e and has "gold" written on the side of the barrel .It does not have the adjustable cheek riser like the one Cass advertised here a couple of years ago .It doesn't have "evo" written on it .
    Is anyone familiar with a gun like what I have described?

Where did you see said firearm? Rfd in kildare??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

The Beretta 686e Gold came in a few variations. The cheek riser was optional and cost €250 (at the time) extra. You also had a choice off barrel length and wood finish.

If Gold is written on it then it's the Gold model and not the Evo (afaik). The barrels came in 28, 30 or 32" and used Mobil/Victory chokes.

To age the gun check the lettering on it. If it was made in Italy then look for these letters for the year of manufacture:
    • BN - 2000
    • BP - 2001
    • BS - 2002
    • BT - 2003
    • BU - 2004
    • BZ - 2005
    • CA - 2006
    • CB - 2007
    • CC - 2008
    • CD - 2009
    • CF - 2010
    • CH - 2011
    • CI - 2012
    • CL - 2013
    • CM - 2014
    If you cannot find these letters then it's possible the gun was made in the USA and not Italy in which case you can use this feature to check the serial number.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Where did you see said firearm? Rfd in kildare??

Yes it was . do you know about the particular shotgun?

Yes it was . do you know about the particular shotgun?

Think so. Its a 2005 model 686e sporter. Absolutely mint to be fair. Tight as a nut. Out of my price range. I know of the owner. He is highly meticulous with all his firearms. Shoots in hh. Thats about all i know im afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Think so. Its a 2005 model 686e sporter. Absolutely mint to be fair. Tight as a nut. Out of my price range. I know of the owner. He is highly meticulous with all his firearms. Shoots in hh. Thats about all i know im afraid.

I was told its been rarely used and most likely a promotion gun??

Im a member in HH myself . If you don't mind can u send me a pm with the name of who u think owned it ?

• Advertisement

I was told its been rarely used and most likely a promotion gun??

Im a member in HH myself . If you don't mind can u send me a pm with the name of who u think owned it ?

Dont know about that now to be honest. Yeah il pm you

Advertisement