Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flight canceled with only 4 days notice Ryanair !!!!

• 16-09-2017 5:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭

So Ryanair have canceled a flight with only 4 days notice. They are looking for €150 more to fly the next day. The total cost for bought flights was €50. Return flight is still on but the trip was based around the cost. I have Buses booked and paid for also which I will have to try cancel. What are my rights here apart from a full refund? 

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭Free-2-Flow

gar32 wrote:
    So Ryanair have canceled a flight with only 4 days notice. They are looking for €150 more to fly the next day. The total cost for bought flights was €50. Return flight is still on but the trip was based around the cost. I have Buses booked and paid for also which I will have to try cancel. What are my rights here apart from a full refund?

None from what I'm reading all day, it's all written down in Ryanairs terms and conditions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Look up regulation 261

I van see this shambles being quite costly for old Mick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭Free-2-Flow

theteal wrote:
    I van see this shambles being quite costly for old Mick

I doubt he would put himself in a position to lose knownly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

No choice. He's been making excuses for issues recently to deflect from the root cause. Others have stated that they have staff shortages. Now finally Ryanair have no option but to admit it.

What can they do? They overstretched themselves with bookings. Customers made plans. Plans are now ruined, customers at a loss. Ryanair can't pull the old "extraordinary circumstances" get out excuse, this is simply bad management. This will cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

The airline is also required to pay cash compensation as described below, unless one of the following conditions applies:
      [*]the airline notifies the passengers at least two weeks prior to departure
      [*]the airline notifies the passengers between one and two weeks prior to departure, and re-routes passengers so that they can:
      • depart no more than two hours earlier than scheduled, and
      • arrive no more than four hours later than scheduled
      [color][size][font]
      [*]the airline notifies the passengers less than one week prior to departure, and re-routes passengers so that they can:
      [/font][/size][/color]
      • depart no more than one hour earlier than scheduled, and
      • arrive no more than two hours later than scheduled
      [color][size][font]
      [*]the cancellation was caused by extraordinary circumstances that could not have been avoided by any reasonable measure.
      [/font][/size][/color]
      The airline must also provide an explanation to passengers of alternative transport.

• Advertisement

So with only 4 days notice cash compensation  ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭nc6000

This is crazy from Ryanair. I was just looking at booking a flight with them in a couple of weeks and this has put me right off. If they cancel the flight I was considering booking then I'm stuck for possibly another 4 days until their next one from that airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭__..__

I heard you are entitled to €250 per leg of the flight per person.

I have 4 return flights to book between October and Christmas, which I would happily have booked with Ryanair.
      Im sorry MOL, but its just too dodgy to book flights with you now after this debacle. A few euro more with another airline is ok, as I consider it an insurance cost at this stage. You cant possibly book flights with Ryanair now, unless you are flexible enough to be able to live with cancelled flights.
      And what will you do if you are already abroad and the return is cancelled.
      You will lose all of the rest of the money you have spend booking trips, tickets, hotels etc all because of Ryanair.
      What a disaster.

https://eu261expenseclaim.ryanair.com/

I will try one of these then and let you know if it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭__..__

gar32 wrote: »

I will try one of these then and let you know if it works.

ryanair will make this so difficult that you will just give up.
      I think there are companies that will chase Ryanair to the bitter end for you and take 10% when the pay out. Might be an easier option.

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

What about hotel costs.
      We've booked a week in Cambrils. Too late to cancel or reschedule. Not to mention getting time off work.

I was a huge Ryanair fan bit this move has turned me right around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭kathleen37

On Radio 4 money box program today, they said that RyanAir also have to offer paying for flights from another airline.

Their own website says

https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/useful-info/help-centre/travel-updates/flight-cancellations7

If your flight is cancelled we offer you two options to choose from:

1. Apply for a refund

If you wish to cancel your reservation and claim a full refund of the unused flight(s) click on the link below and enter your booking details.

Click Here to Apply for Refund

Refunds will be processed within 7 working days back to the form of payment used for the original booking.

2. Change your Cancelled Flight (for free)

The easiest way to change your cancelled flight for free (subject to seat availability) is by retrieving your booking online:

Click Here To Change Flight

If you require rerouting options, departing / arriving from another airport served by Ryanair or changing an unaffected return flight, please contact one of our advisors using our Free Online Chat or calling one of our customer service Contacts Numbers

We understand that flight cancellations may cause distress and we will accommodate your option of choice wherever possible, while complying with EU Regulation 261/2004.

Ryanair is not SAYING about rerouting including with another airline, but they should be

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/ryanair-rights-400000-passengers-cancelled-flights-compensation-hotels-meals-caa-a7949916.html

https://www.tripadvisor.ie/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k10860861-RyanAir_canceling_40_50_flights_per_day_until_end_October_17-Air_Travel.html

gar32 wrote: »
      https://eu261expenseclaim.ryanair.com/

I will try one of these then  and let you know if it works.
      So like last time I claim from them the form doesn't work saying flight number is wrong. 

I have a paper form to print out and send by post See below. Send be register post.

Good luck people

Customer Payment Details – Germany

Booking Number or Details of Flight/Date: […………..……………]

I confirm that I wish to claim EU 261 compensation directly from Ryanair in respect of the above delayed / cancelled flight. 

This payment will be in full and final settlement of EU 261 compensation that is due to me from Ryanair.

I wish the compensation payment to be made directly to me to my Bank Account Details as follows:

Full Name: ………………………………………….
      Address:  ……………………………………………..
      Signed …………………………………………………
      Dated …………………………………………………

Details of Payment:

Bank: ……………………………………………………………
      Account Holder’s Name: …………………………………………..
      IBAN: ………………………………
      BIC: ...........................

Please email this completed form to https://complainttracker.ryanair.com or post to PO BOX 11451, Swords, Co Dublin, Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,479 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭embraer170

Ryanair should be giving:
      1) €250/400 per person, depending on the flight distance.
      AND
      2) A reasonable rerouting (on a different airline if Ryanair cannot offer something comparable). Ryanair will not book this for you (although legally they should). Make sure to take screenshots to show you are picking the cheapest alternative.

You will probably have to fight more for 2) than for 1), and I would say quite a lot of people in Ireland are no aware of the requirement for them to pay for a reasonable alternative.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,406 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I'm lucky. I got home with them the other day. I hate them for this. It's the worst I have ever seen. I'll be badly stuck when I book with them again.

Advertisement