Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrongly Issued Infraction

Options
  • 16-09-2017 8:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭

On the evening of the third of September I was attempting to post an advert on the forum to sell my airsoft APS ACP 601 pistol - link as follows

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057783182

When I attempted to upload pictures of the gun I was given multiple error codes on my screen in red writing and found that when I eventually had success in posting my advert - there was a duplicate thread made that I was not initially aware of.

The duplicate thread and the original thread were posted less than a minute apart and I attempted to delete the duplicate thread immediately but received the following message on my screen in red writing "You cannot delete the first post in a thread. You do not have moderator privileges to delete threads" so I figured a moderator would just delete one of the threads as an error seeing that they were posted less than a minute apart, and perhaps maybe ask me what happened to clarify.

This was not the case. I woke the following morning to find one thread was locked instead of being deleted, with a post reading "Breach of forum charter.Duplicate thread" and a red card on the threads first post.
    I also had a PM from the moderator outlining my infraction, please read below....

"Dear LeeHarvey,

You have been infracted for a breach of the forum charter.

Every forum on Boards.ie has a charter which lists any specific rules that forum may have and it is really important that you read this as it'll help you familiarise yourself with how that forum works. You should also understand that every forum is different and that charters are how you learn the differences.

Please see the Boards.ie FAQ for more details.

If you wish to appeal this infraction you can see details on how to do so here.

shytan

Moderator Note

Duplicate thread. Breach of forum charter"

I sent a PM back to the moderator outlining to him that the post was made by system error and I was not aware that the first thread had been published - otherwise I would not have posted a second.
    I told him I had attempted multiple times but could not delete one of the posts because the system would not allow me to. I received no reply to this PM.
    I sent another message on the morning of the fifth of September asking him to basically step up and answer me, (I feel I should not have to ask this of a moderator as I had allowed ample time for a response and he has been active since my PM) I also provided him with my mobile phone number if he wanted to discuss what had happened a little easier than through these means, which can be awkward for some. I received no reply to this PM, nor any call.

I feel that this moderator has singled me out, especially since there has been another duplicate post by another forum member and nothing has been done, see links below.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057786370

And

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057786355

It is my opinion being an experienced moderator (9 years) myself on a separate forum that this person does not act in the best interests of a family oriented forum. Instead of fostering a friendly atmosphere where common sense prevails - this person as I have witnessed is far too eager to stamp his authority on whomever dares step over the line.
    This opinion above is not just my own, I have personally talked to numerous other forum members and the universal theme emerges from their experiences with this moderator.

I urge you to look into this matter to remove the infraction issued to me, and to either have this moderator quite solidly reigned in or better yet - removed as a moderator on the forum.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

LeeHarvey wrote: »

I urge you to look into this matter to remove the infraction issued to me, and to either have this moderator quite solidly reigned in or better yet - removed as a moderator on the forum.
    To be clear this forum is for disputing cards or bans, not complaints about moderation. If you have a wider issue with moderation I would suggest starting a thread in Help Desk once this appeal is resolved

In the meantime I will ask one of the Sports CMods to look at this for you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭LeeHarvey

Beasty wrote: »
    To be clear this forum is for disputing cards or bans, not complaints about moderation. If you have a wider issue with moderation I would suggest starting a thread in Help Desk once this appeal is resolved

In the meantime I will ask one of the Sports CMods to look at this for you

Thank you.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hi LeeHarvey.

I'll have a look at this, can you forward me on the PM exchange with the mod please?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It's been over a month so I will ask this to be marked as resolved if the OP does not back to me in the next day,

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

OP hasn't posted in 6 weeks. Marking as resolved.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement