Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overcharged by Hotel in USA

Options
  • 16-09-2017 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭

Hi all
    Iv been overcharged by a hotel in NYC & now due to their lack of answering the phone & email to rectify this- I want ALL my money back

It was booked through booking.com but it was the hotel that took the money (nearly €1100) 😡

How long will it take me to get that money back does anyone know? Please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi skearnsot,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

Sorry to hear you are having difficulty getting through to ourselves.

Can you tell me what number you are dialling please as our customer service team are avail since 9am this morning?

This sounds like a pre authorisation as most airlines and hotels would put this through to secure a booking.

This transaction should remain in your transactions on progress for 3-5 working days, then it will drop off the account and your balance will adjust itself to the correct balance.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Kareana

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

Hi skearnsot,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

Sorry to hear you are having difficulty getting through to ourselves.

Can you tell me what number you are dialling please as our customer service team are avail since 9am this morning?

This sounds like a pre authorisation as most airlines and hotels would put this through to secure a booking.

This transaction should remain in your transactions on progress for 3-5 working days, then it will drop off the account and your balance will adjust itself to the correct balance.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Kareana

Hiya

I haven't rang customer service at all as I'm always left on hold for ages!
    I will try again though 😊

skearnsot wrote: »
    Hiya

I haven't rang customer service at all as I'm always left on hold for ages!
    I will try again though 😊

And customer service is as I knew it would be - pressing buttons to be left on hold 😡😡

Really think you should re-think the slogan "personal banking"

Hi skearnsot,

Sorry you are having difficulty getting through to ourselves. 

Please be assured I will pass your feedback on.

As mentioned in the previous reply the transaction should adjust itself back on your account within 3-5 working days and the balance will adjust itself on your account. 

You are not required to take any action as this is all done in the back ground when the hotel complete their book keeping.

Is there anything else I could help you with here?

Thanks,

Kareana

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

It's not clear from the OP that the hotel has acknowledged that they made a mistake! In that case the transaction will NOT rectify itself, surely? They'll put through the same figure when they do their bookkeeping, and the OP will be stuck for the money. Am I wrong?

• Advertisement

Hi skearnsot, 

I hope all is well.

Can you please PM us more details regarding the transaction as in if the transaction is pending, is there two amounts showing up on your account and if this transaction happened when you were booking the hotel or checking out.

Thanks,

Kareana  

Ally Dick wrote: »
    It's not clear from the OP that the hotel has acknowledged that they made a mistake! In that case the transaction will NOT rectify itself, surely? They'll put through the same figure when they do their bookkeeping, and the OP will be stuck for the money. Am I wrong?
    Thankfully i got through to the hotel itself and it has been rectified - the guy at the desk in the hotel was so helpful and friendly - gas too how you can get through to a hotel in NYC and get the problem sorted quicker than you can with your local friendly personal bank :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi skearnsot,

Glad to hear you got this sorted. Just to mention, if a retailer processes an incorrect amount on your card, it is them that you need to contact to have it corrected. This can't be corrected from our side. You do have the option to raise a Transaction Dispute via the bank however, this is only for goods and services not received. Overcharges need to be refunded by the retailer. 

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement