Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC for video editing

Options
  • 16-09-2017 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi,

Would appreciate some suggestions for a build that will be used for editing 4K video, some gaming but the primary function will be video processing

1. What is your budget? €1,500
    2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Video editing
    3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No
    4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No
    5. Do you need a monitor? Yes
    7. Are you willing to try overclocking? down the road perhaps
    8. How can you pay? Card.
    9. When are you purchasing? This week

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Definitely a Ryzen 7 so with 16GB's 3200MHz RAM.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Maybe say what programs you use. Some maybe RAM intensive, but I think for the most part, CPU does the most work.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

You will want 32GB of ram for 4k editing and a decent sized cache disk. Here's a parts list. A bit over budget but solid overall. 256GB ssd for your boot/program drive and a 256GB M.2 fast SSD for your cache disk + 2TB storage drive.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

BloodBath wrote: »
    You will want 32GB of ram for 4k editing and a decent sized cache disk. Here's a parts list. A bit over budget but solid overall. 256GB ssd for your boot/program drive and a 256GB M.2 fast SSD for your cache disk + 2TB storage drive.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/

I'd probably use M.2 as a scratch disk and 256gb is not enough space.
    and run a 500 GB SSD for storage and OS but file type and size would really depict that kinda stuff.

Whats the content for and length?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I was trying to stick to budget. It's already nearly €100 over. Some concessions have to be made when he needs a 4k monitor inside budget as well. The one I picked was one of the cheapest but isn't exactly ideal for video editing if colour accuracy is important.

The budget would need to be bumped up to 2 grand if you don't want to cut any corners.

-edit- The monitor is not that bad for colour accuracy. I didn't realise it was 10 bit but it is TN.

• Advertisement
Advertisement