Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on replacing power relay

Options
  • 16-09-2017 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Hoping someone might be able to advise, the power relay on the board which detects water flow and activates a heat pump in my house has gone kaput and needs to be replaced.

Googling the part number shows it is obsolete - would anyone be able to recommend a suitable replacement part and where I might order/get it? Ideally a higher quality part that won't die so quickly (this lasted about 2 years).

Part in question that has died:
    http://www.mouser.ie/ProductDetail/Omron-Electronics/G8P-1A4P-DC24/?qs=CX134%252bdLMDH34gN86Co7sA==

Picture of the board:
    https://i.imgur.com/AE02vMB.jpg

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

I imagine you will have to change the whole card in your picture. Relays of this type are generally not replaceable as they are soldered on to the pcb board rather than being a plug in type. Best bet is to get on to the manufacturer of the heat pump kit you have and they should be able to recommend a replacement product

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Thanks for the reply. I should have mentioned I'm comfortable removing the existing solder/relay and soldering a new one on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Unless you get an exact match then the pin configuration could be wrong leading to all sorts of problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

I would imagine omron would have something in their range which would be a drop in replacement with same pin out.

It's ratted for switching 30A so very chunky, with a 24v coil. Most wholesalers will sell you a din rail normally open contractor, once the coil voltage is 24v it should work fine.

Radionics or farnel would have suitable replacements but you would need to mount them on the pcb and solder the connections. You only need to worry about the high current connection, the coil will take very little.

If you know anyone that works with automation they are bound to have something. If your stuck let me know, I might have a relay that you can have.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭RandomUsername

Any luck with the party number aliases listed in in the first link ?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Thanks very much everyone, appreciate the advice and especially thanks DublinDilbert for the offer!

Update:

Have ordered this. 2.70 and free shipping, seems great.

Will update on how I get on with the soldering bit :)

Advertisement